R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Wisconsin & Illinois Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsin-illinois-racing-11/)
-   -   Grand Opening Trophy Race @ Intense Raceway Park (https://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsin-illinois-racing/81871-grand-opening-trophy-race-%40-intense-raceway-park.html)

Shane Reinink 08-23-2005 04:47 PM

Grand Opening Trophy Race @ Intense Raceway Park

1 Attachment(s)
Saturday September 10th is the Grand opening trophy race caller "Hurricane Season Opener" doors will open at 9:00am, Racing will start at 1:00pm. Trophys will be awarded to all A Main drivers and the top 3 in the B Mains. The classes for this race are: Sedan Open Modified, Stock Rubber (cs-27 tire rule), Stock foam, and 12th scale open Modified. Please view flyer for details

Nexus 08-23-2005 05:14 PM

In like Erasure in the 80s

Shane Reinink 08-23-2005 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Nexus
In like Erasure in the 80s

LOL, never knew they were in

wallstreet 08-23-2005 06:33 PM

Nexus who the heck is Erasure???

I am in too

This race is going to be BOSS

Takt 08-23-2005 06:47 PM

Sounds like fun.

Do you have to pre-register?

Thanks

Shane Reinink 08-23-2005 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Takt
Sounds like fun.

Do you have to pre-register?

Thanks

No need to preregister, just sign up when you get there on the 10th.

wallstreet 08-23-2005 07:01 PM

Is there a sportsmans class ?

Switch Blade 08-23-2005 07:12 PM

any particual reason why there is no 12th scale stock? Is there not enough interest to hold a 12th scale stock class?

Shane Reinink 08-23-2005 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Switch Blade
any particual reason why there is no 12th scale stock? Is there not enough interest to hold a 12th scale stock class?

There is no 12th stock for 2 reasons - #1. 12th scale open mod is our most popular 12th scale class and #2. we have zero entries weekly for 12th stock

wallstreet 08-23-2005 07:50 PM

switchblade irp is a very good sized track inside and outside. stock 12th scale would be like running stock touring car outside .. track is way to big for 12th scale stock

i dont know if you have ever been there but both tracks are of good size

Switch Blade 08-23-2005 08:32 PM

ya the only reason i asked was because...1.) I dont have a mod motor....2.) I dont have the money right now to buy different tires to run mod or a mod motor itself....and 3.)ive never driven mod and really wouldnt want this to be my first race...but I guess then I just wont go...no problems or anything

wallstreet 08-23-2005 08:47 PM

not trying to cause problems just letting you know why stock is not usually the motor of choice in 12th scale class

Switch Blade 08-23-2005 08:50 PM

o ya i understand....its no problem...we race stock here at trackside and have everyday since probobly march or so...so its all good...just want to visit some of the surrounding tracks sometime.

itsjusme 08-23-2005 09:02 PM

classes

Where are the 19t classes? :flaming:

Switch Blade 08-23-2005 09:28 PM

i dont know if this is the answer you are looking for, but I think in open mod you can run a 19 turn motor

squarehead 08-24-2005 09:41 AM

Hey Switchblade, there is a good chance I will be running my 19T Reedy that day, so if you want to run 19T with me, you won't be alone. Unless I happen across a good mod motor by then, I'll probably be testing the 19T for the All-Star Carpet Series events.

I agree, though, tires and batteries are very different from stock to mod 12th, it's kind of hard to jump between the classes unless you plan really far in advance. I'm nervous to run mod right off the bat (I have never run anything other than a stock motor in a 12th scale car ever), and it may keep me at home for that race, specifically. I'm not sure yet.

Takt 08-24-2005 10:24 AM

Would the organizers consider a new class if there are enough racers that want to run stock (or 19 turn) 1/12 scale?

I want to run 1/12, but would be worried about running open mod with it. Right now my classes would be stock foam 1/10 and mod 1/12 --- strange combination.

Having said that, you can't please everyone and I'm a strong believer the customer isn't always right. So sometimes it is the racers that need to be flexible.

squarehead 08-24-2005 10:47 AM

I know if it were a matter of trophies, I could care less that my class was a trophy class or not. I just want to race, and I don't want to be in over my head to start off the season in a new class. If it came down to having enough for a stock or 19T class, I would rather be in either of those classes than mod, so you could count me as one if you need three to make a class of either.

Again, it's completely the promoter's option, but to start the season, there are a lot of new 12th scale cars on shop benches out there waiting for the indoor season to begin. I don't know how many of them are ready to jump into a modified class right off the bat, but I could be completely wrong. If it were a matter of racing mod on Saturday or stock/19T on Sunday's regular on-road carpet day, I'd be apt to choose Sunday for previously expressed reasons.

Don't want to start any controversy, just expressing an opinion and viewpoint from a retread-newbie.

bigdog xxx-s 08-24-2005 11:15 AM

Traction compound

What traction compound is allowed to be used at your track. I know some tracks only allow a certain kind, just wondering what you are going to allow.

Can I run a 19T in your open mod touring class. Wanted to use this as a warm up for Las Vegas.

Thanks,

Mike T.

itsjusme 08-24-2005 12:50 PM

19t

If you have enough people wanting to run 19T sedan, would you consider adding a class?

Shane Reinink 08-24-2005 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by bigdog xxx-s
What traction compound is allowed to be used at your track. I know some tracks only allow a certain kind, just wondering what you are going to allow.

Can I run a 19T in your open mod touring class. Wanted to use this as a warm up for Las Vegas.

Thanks,

Mike T.

We do not have any traction compound rule. in the open Mod class it is open so you can run whatever you wanted in it as far as motors go.

Shane Reinink 08-24-2005 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by itsjusme
If you have enough people wanting to run 19T sedan, would you consider adding a class?

This race we decided to limit the classes for trophys to 4, on a regular sunday race i dont see a problem if people wanted to run 19t foam instead of either stock or mod. We will not be adding any classes for this race day, the trophys have already been ordered. I know we can not please everyone so we picked these classes to please as many as possible. Again these classes are for this Sept. 10th trophy race only and does not mean these are the classes you can run on a regular Sunday race day.

Nexus 08-24-2005 01:49 PM

yea...c'mon the classes are set...lets just race! :)

if you want to run a 19T or Stock in 12th scale you can...it's an Open Mod class so run anything.

Open Mod Sedan...again it's "Open" so run whatcha brung.

foam 1/10 and mod 1/12 --- strange combination
c'mon...i'm thinking of running stock rubber and Open Mod Foam...how's that for different. it's all for fun anyway so let's just do dis :lol:

Kevin K 08-24-2005 02:40 PM

What....There is never going to be any 19t racing....Ahhh man....good thing I sold all my stuff last week. :lol:

Anyway.....I would like to run Stock Foam and 19t Foam and I dont have any issue running in open mod so if thats the case its cool with me.

Juan Valdez 08-24-2005 04:22 PM

Looking forward to this race! :nod: I'm in for stock-foam TC. Just two and a half weeks away...

Davenport 08-25-2005 02:44 PM

decisions decisions... Im in for either stock foam or stock rubber. I'm kind of hoping more people will post what they are running to help me decide.

squarehead 08-25-2005 02:57 PM

Mod 12th, and I'm going to try to go out on the 3rd to practice. We'll see if those plans fly...

Nexus 08-25-2005 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by rcman6
decisions decisions... Im in for either stock foam or stock rubber. I'm kind of hoping more people will post what they are running to help me decide.

since there is no real database and i'm too lazy to make one...just keep copying and pasting this list in the thread with what you plan to run.

Stock Rubber:
Nexus

Stock Foam:
Juan Valdez
Kevin K

Open Mod Foam:
Kevin K
Nexus :cry:

Open Mod 1/12th Scale:
ApexSpeed

bigdog xxx-s 08-25-2005 04:59 PM

since there is no real database and i'm too lazy to make one...just keep copying and pasting this list in the thread with what you plan to run.

Stock Rubber:
Nexus

Stock Foam:
Juan Valdez
Kevin K
Big Dog xxx-s (Mike T)

Open Mod Foam:
Kevin K
Nexus :cry:
Big Dog xxx-s (Mike T)

Open Mod 1/12th Scale:
ApexSpeed

Next...

wallstreet 08-25-2005 05:31 PM

Stock Rubber:
Nexus
WALLSTREET

Stock Foam:
Juan Valdez
Kevin K

Open Mod Foam:
Kevin K
Nexus

Open Mod 1/12th Scale:
ApexSpeed

itsjusme 08-25-2005 06:05 PM

stock foam
mod 12th

Nexus 08-25-2005 06:29 PM

Stock Rubber:
Nexus
WALLSTREET
Kitt
Rutt

Stock Foam:
Juan Valdez
Kevin K
itsjusme

Open Mod Foam:
Kevin K
Nexus

Open Mod 1/12th Scale:
ApexSpeed
itsjusme

robk 08-25-2005 06:53 PM

Stock Rubber:
Nexus
WALLSTREET
Kitt
Rutt

Stock Foam:
Juan Valdez
Kevin K
itsjusme

Open Mod Foam:
Kevin K
Nexus
RobK

Open Mod 1/12th Scale:
ApexSpeed
itsjusme
RobK???

wallstreet 08-25-2005 07:55 PM

CS-27s just came in today ONLY $34 for a set of four premounts great price and no shipping like the internet stores !!!!!!!!!! Shane is stocking up so get your fresh sets of cs-27s at irp

mike nelson 08-25-2005 10:35 PM

Stock Rubber:
Nexus
WALLSTREET
Kitt
Rutt

Stock Foam:
Juan Valdez
Kevin K
itsjusme

Open Mod Foam:
Kevin K
Nexus
RobK
Mike Nelson

Open Mod 1/12th Scale:
ApexSpeed
itsjusme
RobK???

sundog1 08-25-2005 10:58 PM

Grand Opening Trophy Race @ Intense Raceway Park

Stock Rubber:
Nexus
WALLSTREET
Kitt
Rutt
Dan Pady

Stock Foam:
Juan Valdez
Kevin K
itsjusme

Open Mod Foam:
Kevin K
Nexus
RobK
Mike Nelson

Open Mod 1/12th Scale:
ApexSpeed
itsjusme
RobK???

g12314 08-26-2005 05:20 AM

Stock Rubber:
Nexus
WALLSTREET
Kitt
Rutt
Dan Pady
Jimmy

Stock Foam:
Juan Valdez
Kevin K
itsjusme

Open Mod Foam:
Kevin K
Nexus
RobK
Mike Nelson
Jimmy (Giving in to PEER PRESSURE)

Open Mod 1/12th Scale:
ApexSpeed
itsjusme
RobK???

Solara 08-26-2005 10:32 AM

Stock Rubber:
Nexus
WALLSTREET
Kitt
Rutt
Dan Pady
Jimmy

Stock Foam:
Juan Valdez
Kevin K
itsjusme
Jimmy

Open Mod Foam:
Kevin K
Nexus
RobK
Mike Nelson
Rookie Solara

Open Mod 1/12th Scale:
ApexSpeed
itsjusme
RobK

Open Mod 1/8th Nitro Indoor
Rookie Solara (Just kidding..)

Nexus 08-26-2005 10:56 AM

AWESOME!!

**Bunchbob the square pants** is in for the Modified class!! :lol: :cry:

Solara 08-26-2005 01:45 PM

AWESOME!!

**Bunchbob the square pants** is in for the Modified class!! :lol: :cry:

Don't forget, you are in the class too...........remember the last AJ race, same body, same color, confused drivers, big crash on the first turn, I have a feeling that will happen on you again, but this time........I will do that in purpose...LOL.