R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Wisconsin & Illinois Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsin-illinois-racing-11/)
-   -   Grand Opening Trophy Race @ Intense Raceway Park (https://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsin-illinois-racing/81871-grand-opening-trophy-race-%40-intense-raceway-park.html)

Deeds 09-08-2005 08:52 AM

What rollout is stock rubber touring running at IRP? 1.5 as well? I assuming monster stock is the motor most are using.

Brian McGreevy 09-08-2005 09:18 AM

Nexus...

http://osvaldo_mazzullo.weblogger.te...img/finger.jpg

Matt M. 09-08-2005 09:20 AM

and that is even funnier

slots 09-08-2005 10:50 AM

Deeds -

Rollout for touring car w/stock should start around 1.0 - you are running 6 cells.

Clegg 09-08-2005 08:58 PM

Well I have my 1/12th all set. running an 88T spur, and 27T pinion with 49.8mm Rears. Its a higher rollout than I ran with stock by a bit, we will see how it goes.

its been a while since I have run 1/12th. is 3.5mm front, and 4mm rear ok ride height?

I am all kinds of excited to get back on carpet :) Gordon Freeman is ride'n down with me, we'll be down there when the doors open ;)

Nexus 09-09-2005 01:24 PM

First 15 racers in the door will be recieving an awesome door prize!!

Get there early...

http://www.nesbuckle.com/images/buy_atari_model.jpg

Matt M. 09-09-2005 01:28 PM

damn..i am getting there early....

coooolllllll :weird:

GordonFreeman 09-09-2005 02:01 PM

I think we can beat 'em if we use the TA, Clegg.

wallstreet 09-09-2005 02:12 PM

Nexus the belt buckle crew is handing out those ,,,,, Those rule dude

Clegg 09-09-2005 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by GordonFreeman
I think we can beat 'em if we use the TA, Clegg.

you underestimate the speed of the Foci :) theres an advantage to being 1000lbs lighter than the TA, and having a lower drag coef :D But then again your car probably makes 2x the torque and 2x the HP that mine does hehe.

Clegg 09-10-2005 09:41 PM

Awesome, you guys put on a great show. Your facility is probably the best facility I have been to. very well run program, BIG flowing track, and the best track food I have ever had. Those burgers were really Burgers!

Thanks again!

Also FYI: Mr Freeman and myself were pulled over on the way home... turns out the dealership that I bought my car from a month or so ago... never transfered the paperwork so that the car is in my name, and my plates were never transfered to the new car (paperwork wise) they still link to a Saturn I no longer own.

With some smooth talk, I was able to get warnings for $400.00 in violations (most from the license plate/title deal, and the rest from not having a front plate on my car).

I need a beer, because now I need to spend a day at the DMV trying to figure out how to get my car in my name!

Leester-111 09-10-2005 10:24 PM

Briliant Show folks!

Hey congradualtations to all the winners and people who made the A main in your race! It was a great show put on by all the track owners and track crew you did an awesome job!

Running Mod 12th scale was awesome! I havn't had this much fun in rc racing in a long time. Once you get your car hooked up, you never want to stop racing! Even thought I broke. It was really fun racing toe to toe with the best the track has to offer.

The track is just dialed! It has plenty of grip and It's really big! I had fun racing on this track and letting it loose like a wild goose on the track. Just grip it and rip it baby! There is no subsitute for horsepower! It is one of the best carpet tracks have ever raced on in my life next to my home track!

I plan on coming saturday for practice with a stock 12th scale so I can get ready for vegas. Hope to see you there and Long live Intense raceway!

-Lee

GordonFreeman 09-10-2005 10:43 PM

Very nice track, glad I came down. Will probably make the trek again (in a non-stolen, legally licensed car!)

That was THE single most impressive get-out-of-a-ticket move I have ever witnessed! Really if you added up all the violations it would have probably topped $500. Nice. :sweat:

And where's my Atari video game thingie? ;)

squarehead 09-11-2005 05:43 AM

A great race, great track and a really fun day.

A big thanks to Shane and Mike for putting together one helluva production. You guys deserve a lot of credit for making IRP into one really fantastic facility. I'm looking forward to racing there all winter. Now I just need to get a touring car so I can race against people with the same motors. :D

I had a really great time, for the second week in a row, even though I need to hire a driver. Great car, great setup, tons of horsepower for a 19T, but I need to figure out a way to stop hitting things. :weird:

My only suggestion for the entire program is to bump up the starting time of the race days to at least noon, if not sooner. With the track opening at 9 am (and many were all ready there and set up when I got there at 10-to 9), I didn't get home until 10 pm. It was a LOOONG day for this old man, and it is going to be a hard sell to the wife in the future for a regular routine. I know that growing up racing outdoors in Joliet many years ago, they could regularly take 120+ cars on a Sunday race day and get us out of there by 4 or 5pm. I'd love to still be able to take the wife to dinner on a race day to soften the blow of me being away for half of the weekend.

Again, awesome event, and a big thanks to everyone who helped put it all together. By the way, did I get the lucky raffle ticket yesterday? I think with all of the numbers called, I was the only one not called. LOL.

See you guys again real soon,

doug

Davenport 09-11-2005 05:56 AM

Thanks Shane and Mike for putting on a great show. I don't think I've ever had this much fun racing. And those burgers! Ill see you guys next Sunday. Later -Greg-

Deeds 09-11-2005 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
My only suggestion for the entire program is to bump up the starting time of the race days to at least noon, if not sooner. With the track opening at 9 am (and many were all ready there and set up when I got there at 10-to 9), I didn't get home until 10 pm. It was a LOOONG day for this old man, and it is going to be a hard sell to the wife in the future for a regular routine. I know that growing up racing outdoors in Joliet many years ago, they could regularly take 120+ cars on a Sunday race day and get us out of there by 4 or 5pm. I'd love to still be able to take the wife to dinner on a race day to soften the blow of me being away for half of the weekend.

doug

I agree to the earlier start time on Saturday...but not Sunday. Noon is hard enough for me to make on Sunday.

What was the turn out for the Hurricane opener?

sundog1 09-11-2005 09:03 AM

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations for putting on a great race day!
It was great to see top drivers come from a long way to compete.
Thanks to Eric Anderson from EA motors for racing and bringing some awesome motors - try them for Monster HP! Had my fastest lap times ever.
Mike did an awesome job announcing, organizing the races and keeping the day moving along.
Need help with your car? How could you go wrong getting help from Drew Ellis, Eric, Shane and Ray!
Shane is doing great with the new parts dept - buy everything you need from Intense Raceway now!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to get my KO Propo radio next week.
Beth has the best track food - period! Plus service with a smile!
Jerry did a ton of work to help get the new track setup and deserves many thanks.
As a sponsor, I am proud to be associated with such a first class group of people. Ray, Mike and Shane made sure the sponsors were promoted often. More important, I value my friendship with these guys.
Thanks for the many compliments to those who won Sundogs - glad you like them! Sundogs are now available at Intense Raceway!
Next project - a national race - you deserve one!
Dan Pady
Managing Partner, Sundog Eyewear
www.sundogeyewear.com

Kraig 09-11-2005 11:17 AM

Just wanted to say thanks for everyone who helped make the Grand Opening Trophy Race a success, this even includes the racers who were there. I had a fantastic time and I can't wait to go back. Keep up the good work!

Kraig

slots 09-11-2005 01:48 PM

Dittos to all of the above. Makes the drive worthwhile when you have a great time.

Italian racer 09-11-2005 05:48 PM

Thanks!

Shane/Mike,

You guys put on a great show yesterday. The facility is a great environment for good racing and a lot of fun. Look forward to the Hurricane Series races down there. Should be a great time.

On Sundy the 18th will there be open track for practicing or is there racing?

Thanks again!

Shane Reinink 09-11-2005 07:32 PM

Schedule is on the website http://www.intenseracewaypark.com/schedule.asp

Open practice is Friday 4:00pm-9:00pm. Sturdays from 9:00am-9:00pm. Racing on all Sundays doors open at 9:00am and racing to start at noon.

As far as the start time goes are sunday racing is set for noon, we ran the Saturday race at 1:00 to give some of the guys a chance to get there after work, and you might not have seen them but there were a few that came in just before noon or a little after.

Thank you for all that posted your comments on the place. We are still learning the ropes and plan on doing many more improvements givin time, we are learning as we go and will do are best to make it fun for everyone at any level.

Thank you to every person that raced it was great to see all the new faces and alot of the regulars come out and run.

Shane Reinink 09-11-2005 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Deeds
What was the turn out for the Hurricane opener?

I don't know the exact number but i believe the entries were just over 60

StephenSobottka 09-11-2005 08:00 PM

The place looks great and is a very good facility, I will definately be back again, heck I was down 2 weeks in a row :nod:

Espo 09-11-2005 08:07 PM

What a great event. As most of you know,I attend alot of races across this great nation of ours, big or small this race was was a blast!! Low key agro free. Nobody yelling or getting out of hand, just hard racing the way it should be. Massave props to Mike and Shane and our lovely cook behind those killer bugers.Congrats to all the winners and keep up the good work,the word will spread like wild fire!!!!!!!!!! :flaming: :lol: :nod:

Italian racer 09-11-2005 08:44 PM

Sunday Racing

What classes do you run on Sunday's?

Shane Reinink 09-11-2005 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Italian racer
What classes do you run on Sunday's?

the most popular classes are stock rubber and stock foam. but if enough want to run 19 turn rubber or 19 turn foam than we would run that also

Italian racer 09-11-2005 08:47 PM

Thanks Shane, See you next sunday!!

EAMotorsports 09-11-2005 09:27 PM

Just got home. 550 miles in 7 hours and 15 minutes...and that was with 2 stops :weird:

IRP is a great place. I would love to come back up there in the Spring for the Nationals. The facility and track would be great for it. Very well worth the trip!! Im just glad I got my car going today!!

EA

kufman 09-12-2005 05:13 AM

Just got home. 550 miles in 7 hours and 15 minutes...and that was with 2 stops

Wow you guys averaged alomst 76 mph!!

g12314 09-12-2005 05:32 AM

Cant add much more to what was been already said, Great Place, Great Time, Great Food, GREAT RACE.

Thanks to Shane and Mike for giving us racers a top notch track. I wish I didnt sign up for 2 classes this quarter so I could be out there more instead of buried in the books.

Jimmy

Matteucci 09-12-2005 06:55 AM

Shane and Mike,

Awesome facility!!! Had a great day running it was unfortunate I broke the first turn in the main, I didn't want Billy to beat me on rubber tires :( Oh well can't wait to come back!!!!

Ron

Nexus 09-12-2005 07:07 AM

Wow you guys averaged alomst 76 mph!!
Not bad but you can never beat the Nexus and g12314 freight train down 88...we don't need no stinkin speed limits.

-----------

I had my digital camera Sunday and totally forgot to take pics :cry:

Shane Reinink 09-12-2005 09:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Results and pictures from this event will hopefully be up soon, see picture of the top 3 from the stock foam class

Shane Reinink 09-12-2005 11:08 AM

Results are up:

http://www.intenseracewaypark.com/results.asp

Matt Overton 09-12-2005 11:44 AM

And pictures too...

http://www.intenseracewaypark.com/photos.asp

Kevin K 09-12-2005 04:43 PM

The race was awesome guys.....great job cant wait for the next one.

Whoa....did an Asian just say that he had a camera with him all day and he forgot to take pictures....man you better hope the Asian Triad Union doesnt hear this or else you will be shipped back...:lol:

Matteucci 09-12-2005 07:04 PM

:lol: :lol:

Nexus 09-12-2005 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin K
The race was awesome guys.....great job cant wait for the next one.

Whoa....did an Asian just say that he had a camera with him all day and he forgot to take pictures....man you better hope the Asian Triad Union doesnt hear this or else you will be shipped back...:lol:

son of a b@#$@#$ :P

they already revoked my camera lanyard!! :flaming: :cry:

ALL-STAR series I now must come full force with camera and camcorder.....also looking for barber to give me the patented "asian noodle bowl on your head" haircut.

Kevin K 09-12-2005 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Nexus
son of a b@#$@#$ :P

they already revoked my camera lanyard!! :flaming: :cry:

ALL-STAR series I now must come full force with camera and camcorder.....also looking for barber to give me the patented "asian noodle bowl on your head" haircut.

I dont want to catch you in the Chicago River like in "Gung-Ho" Im not jumping in to save you.

Matt M. 09-12-2005 09:09 PM

you guys make my day....i think some one needs sensitivity training.....or myby everyone does :lol: :lol: