Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
2nd Annual "Midwest Onroad Chapionships" at AJ's Raceway >

2nd Annual "Midwest Onroad Chapionships" at AJ's Raceway

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2nd Annual "Midwest Onroad Chapionships" at AJ's Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 10:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by duneland
Looks great! Probably a bit tight for 1/8, but a very nice looking track. What about strait-away length? I know there is plenty of space available there, but is it used? Course that was last years lay-out.
If it were set-up just a bit on the fast or open side for 1/10, it would be fine for 1/8. As long as there is a straight! It doesn't need to be so open that the 1/10 guys would complain.
MWS races accomodate both scales successfully.
The current layout (by looking at the pic) should be PERFECT for less then 5 1/8th car running........probably running short gears for low-end instead of the top speed..........but definitely GOOD enough for the big dogs.
On regular SAT night race....I think having the 1/8th race won't be a big deal....but better not having 1 on the touphy race night....or we will not be home untill 2am...........
I really need to speed up of putting the car together....where is my fail safe goes..? LOL....
Old 07-20-2005, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Well, keep me posted. Do you really think one heat of 1/8 would slow the program down much?
I need a little advance warning. I need to get someone to watch the store in order to race on a sat.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:28 PM
Tech Champion

Well, keep me posted. Do you really think one heat of 1/8 would slow the program down much?
I need a little advance warning. I need to get someone to watch the store in order to race on a sat.
Usually, a class = three 5 minutes quali and a 5 to 30 minutes (doubt anything more then 5 minutes) main.........then 5 minutes in between each heat.
Little things add up....trust me, 1 extra class = 1.5 hours longer for the day....things always happened in between to slow it down.

Once we are getting the 1/8th, I will let you know...but it might be mulitple track (between AJ and Tinley)

Last edited by Rookie Solara; 07-22-2005 at 01:53 PM.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I don't really have a guess as to the length but I have the video that I took that pic from.

http://kufman.com/img/AJs%20outdoor%20onroad%20.wmv

you can estimate for yourself.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Nice video! The track looks great!
The straight looks like it might be a bit shorter than I am used too, but it wouldn't stop me from running 1/8 on it. A layout with a full sweeper would be fantastic! Lift to enter then FULL WOOD!
Old 07-22-2005, 12:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Intense Raceway Park Website

I just launched the Intense Raceway Park Website.

http://www.intenseracewaypark.com/
Old 07-26-2005, 04:08 PM
Tech Regular

Only 2 and a half weeks until the big race! If you've never raced "under the lights", I highly recommend coming out for the race. Its a cool experience. Hope to see everyone there!
Old 07-31-2005, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

Rookie, 1/8 for this race? I might be able to get a couple more.
Old 07-31-2005, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

We are 2 weeks from the 2nd annual midwest challange, lets see if we can get a bunch of guys out there the weekend before the big race, which would be august 6th. Hopefully we can get a bunch of guys out there for some practice during the day, once again the track opens at 9 am and racing at 7pm. So everyone who wants to race/practice for the trophy why dont you check in on this thread and lets see if we can get enough for a nice turn out and get some racing in before the trophy race.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Does anyone know if the layout that will be down for this Saturday be the same as the one for the Onroad Champs?

Just wondering...sometimes it's a little confusing to figure out the layouts if no one is there to lead you around.
Old 08-01-2005, 03:02 PM
Tech Champion

Rookie, 1/8 for this race? I might be able to get a couple more.
Yes....I am sure I will bring my 1/8th and my 235mm for this race (the 13th)....but I AM not asking AJ to host me (us) the race................my NTC3 and PRO 4 are for the touphy races....but whenever I have time, I will fired up my 1/8th and 235mm and ran them at anytime.....to gain myself practice time for the MWS.

I think JIMMY might tag along with his MRX4....don't know who else is coming with the 1/8th.
Old 08-01-2005, 03:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Nexus
Does anyone know if the layout that will be down for this Saturday be the same as the one for the Onroad Champs?

Just wondering...sometimes it's a little confusing to figure out the layouts if no one is there to lead you around.
That's a good question. Anyone know? I know it usually changes every week. Maybe if we all ask nicely AJ/Shane/Mike will decide to leave the layout the same for this race.

If the layout seems unclear, I'm sure AJ would be willing to clarify it. And if he's busy, talk to Mike N. and Shane R. They always seem to find the fast line out there.
Old 08-01-2005, 06:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nexus

I'm sure we can make the layout stay for the big race to allow for some practice.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:08 PM
Tech Addict

Shane - I also sent you an email regaring these questions at the info email... so if you reply here please disregard the email...

Rubber tires... whats working - is there a spec tire to be used - any info here would be great.

How about classes, it would appear that 19T is a popular choice... stock looks like it would be as exciting as paint drying... any thoughts there??

Thanks alot!

Chris Wilde
Old 08-04-2005, 03:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

How about classes, it would appear that 19T is a popular choice... stock looks like it would be as exciting as paint drying... any thoughts there??
the paint would be more exciting.

i talked to atleast 4-5 guys who are thinking of running the rubber tire and Open Mod and they all pretty much agreed if it's stock they just run the Open Mod class instead of two.

19T please

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.