Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Cheese City Indoor Dirt Oval  13/14 >

Cheese City Indoor Dirt Oval 13/14

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cheese City Indoor Dirt Oval 13/14

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 12:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

As I stated before I just went from the vote at the meeting at this point for the sprint ruling as well. I also said if the majority decided differently then it was open for that ruling. I know the four that voted for mod sprint will be here racing. I am open to anyone to vote differently but if you vote this way I expect you to be racing more than once or twice in the season to be a legitimate vote. If you are not going to be racing here then it is not worth arguing about anyway. We have meetings for this year after year with very few that show up and then all we get is arguing on forums. We ran $2000-$3000 1/5th scales all summer without any problems. We don't need to this every year on here. This is supposed to be a family fun sport.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:05 PM
Tech Regular

I find it strange that the racers at your track are burning up 17.5s when no one else was. Ive run the same 17.5 since someone come up with this class. So what are these guys doing to burn them up. I agree it is slow but that makes it fun and competitive. Dubuque went to 13.5 outdoors which isnt a good comparison cause their track is bigger with banking. Trackside is about your size and they tried 13.5 but was to fast, so they ran 17.5. Again your club your rules I guess, just dont understand how making sct mods faster increases car count or makes racing sleds better. Its gonna be the same guys as last year but faster. If they burnt up 17.5s theyll burn up 13.5s. More money spent.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:18 PM
Tech Regular

Well then I wish you the best with your club. I will choose to race a few times from time to time somewhere where the rules stay consistent from year to year. See ya.
Old 10-17-2014, 01:39 PM
Tech Elite

Again just taking input from the guys that showed at the meeting. If you guys want to see a motor rule or anything stay or be changed lets see a poll. I am not for or against anything in particular,just going by what the majority wants and that is what I have to do. I realize no matter what way we go with any rule not everyone is going to like it. Many people that race here also do not go on R/C Tech but out of those that are lets get a vote for motor rule on SCT Mod and 13.5 sprint and be done with it.
Old 10-17-2014, 02:14 PM
Tech Rookie

I prefer open classes because of less drama and more fun. I prefer 13.5 for sct mod but will run either way. It's supposed to be about having fun.
Old 10-17-2014, 02:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

FREE MATT M. !!!!

Some of the bickering is funny.

Dieter tuned D4 was significantly faster than a tuned D3.5 down on asphalt at Leisure Hours for touring car. FWIW.

Although if I saw rules saying a D3.5 was LEGAL, and I was starting, I'd pick up a Murfdogg Outlaw or a Vulcan Outlaw and laugh when people complained.

So if I don't have a Losi or an Ofna, I can't run 1/8th scale LM? I have a stock chassis Serpent converted to a 1/8 LM that I ran at CRC for most of the summer. Just reading the first page and trying to understand.
Old 10-17-2014, 02:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Crawlin
FREE MATT M. !!!!

Some of the bickering is funny.

Dieter tuned D4 was significantly faster than a tuned D3.5 down on asphalt at Leisure Hours for touring car. FWIW.

Although if I saw rules saying a D3.5 was LEGAL, and I was starting, I'd pick up a Murfdogg Outlaw or a Vulcan Outlaw and laugh when people complained.

So if I don't have a Losi or an Ofna, I can't run 1/8th scale LM? I have a stock chassis Serpent converted to a 1/8 LM that I ran at CRC for most of the summer. Just reading the first page and trying to understand.
Yes you can run your 1/8th LM. A good example of a rule change that was made for the better in my opinion. We don't want to exclude you because you have a Serpent.
Old 10-17-2014, 07:29 PM
Tech Adept

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVqK...ature=youtu.be

FRIDAY NIGHT SHOW DOWN AS CCX

Full field of mod short course racers tonight, open motor, no tech inspections, happy racers...

Old 10-17-2014, 11:38 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ovalracer33
13.5 motors in sct mod? Why? Thats gonna make for some crappy racing. The cars already dont turn very well and your gonna add more speed. Its gonna be a wreck fest. The track isnt big enough to handle that kind of speed. Its not crc or limestone. Why change from what everyone else is running, now I gotta spend more money to run. The racing was fine with 17.5 good close racing. Guys need to rethink this. Its not gonna attract any newcomers if the rules are different than other tracks near by. The rules are the rules I understand but the class was good last year the way it was.
So your telling me our tracks not big enough to Handel a 13.5 sct truck with a edm body on it. Well lets just take a look here shall we?
1/8 late model... Deffinitly not a 13.5 in there...
13.5 (now 7.5) foam sprint....(keep in mind there mainly direct drives)
Rally cars, there like 10.5 equivalents, if not more.
Sct open oval... I would almost guarantee no ones is running a 17.5 in that class, and alot of them are 2wd sct trucks...
STREET STOCKS, which might I remind you are 10th 2wd buggys , are even running 13.5 with no issues, and dont tell me a buggy turns better then a sct truck...
And your telling me that your edm with a 13.5 isn't a good idea because " the track isn't big enough"??? It sure seems to work every other class... (except rubber tire sprint and sportsman)
Old 10-18-2014, 08:24 AM
Tech Addict

Default WoW

Ryan.....

Man up ,,,your track ,your rules ..MAKE them....

Stop the madness.....

Racers......grow up.........

Flame on....Plus Matt M..is free now...
Old 10-18-2014, 04:50 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kart1
Ryan.....

Man up ,,,your track ,your rules ..MAKE them....

Stop the madness.....

Racers......grow up.........

Flame on....Plus Matt M..is free now...
For once I agree with G dog.
I want to offer my opinion here and some of you may disagree, because of the few rights that we have one of them is the freedom of speech and don't ever forget that. You are all entitled to your opinion so let's hear it but remember it just you opinion and this is Ryan's track and majority rules.
I was fortunate to be a part of the freeport road runners rc car club, and even was club president for 3 years. We had a great following and 50 to 100 racers at every event and many more on our bigger races. While the economy was much better back then, the cars and equipment was inferior and still as expensive.
My biggest point that I can stress is the same thing we found out having our club years ago. At first we were all ways trying to cater to the rockford club and Madison clud to try to get them to come to our events. Well to be perfectly honest it's not worth the headache. Take care of the ones that take care of you! Period! Set the rules and classes and live by it.Get the track whipped into great, competitive racing at a well run track is what it's all about.
13.5 Edm awesome, I've been wanting that since I drove my heavy Edm with a tiny little 17.5!!!

Sprint mod, what ever, I could never use everything I had with a 13.5. I will still run my 13.5 and hone my driving and tuning skills, on a bull ring track it's all about corner speed any how. Besides we all know if we bring 4 or more racers we can make are own class anytime we want. If 4 of us are there and want to run 13.5 blindly spec foam Sprint, then there you go!
The most import thing is to show up and let's get this track into the shape it needs to be to have good competitive racing. Build it and they will come. If your going to whine and cause problems don't even show up. Ryan provides us with a venue, and spends time and money for the Good of our sport. Let's GROW up fix it up and keep it the fun environment that it is.
I will talk with Ryan soon and we will try to set up some work and tune days soon. TROY
Old 10-21-2014, 08:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tp40
My biggest point that I can stress is the same thing we found out having our club years ago. At first we were all ways trying to cater to the rockford club and Madison clud to try to get them to come to our events. Well to be perfectly honest it's not worth the headache. Take care of the ones that take care of you! Period! Set the rules and classes and live by it.Get the track whipped into great, competitive racing at a well run track is what it's all about.
I realize I am on the outside looking in, but the words spoken above from Troy Pokoj are absolute truth; period.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jbrooks39
I realize I am on the outside looking in, but the words spoken above from Troy Pokoj are absolute truth; period.
Thanks Bro!
I still think about that great racing we had all those years with the Road Runners. We set out classes up and had good competitive racing. Most of the best racers from the Rockford ,Madison, and Dubuque clubs would show up just because of competition level!
Do you still do any Rc racing?
Old 10-27-2014, 05:41 PM
Tech Elite

We put several loads of dirt upstairs over the weekend. The work days this week will be Wednesday night and Saturday for those available to help.
Old 10-27-2014, 06:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cheesecityrc
We put several loads of dirt upstairs over the weekend. The work days this week will be Wednesday night and Saturday for those available to help.
Cool I can definitely make it up Wednesday night!
Saturday I can't, first round of the playoffs for LeWin and EPC!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.