Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
HotSlots R/C Racing indoor Carpet track 2013 season >

HotSlots R/C Racing indoor Carpet track 2013 season

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HotSlots R/C Racing indoor Carpet track 2013 season

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 08:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Captain
Agreed.

Seeing as how there are a million different options out there, if you have a question about legality just ask. I know its not easy to cover every single thing in the rules.

Whos in for practice tomorrow?
I should be able to swing by for a bit, with the 1/12th car at least. I think John Adams said he might be coming over with the new F1 tomorrow too.

Seth
Old 09-17-2013, 06:31 AM
Tech Initiate

What time do the doors open tonight for practice?
Old 09-17-2013, 07:04 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Rick Vessell
I don't see a problem with them being that they are slicks. Not my decision though. Zack will have to weigh in on that one.

Boohoo. You can always use street fighters on your ST.
No I can't. The rules only list foam tires.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:09 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tallcardinalfan
Wayne,
Not everyone has a way to cut down tires, so we were trying to make if fair.
How does making people buy new tires when they start to cone help with that? If ya have more $$$$ you would just get more tires, that seems just as un-fair.
Belive me I am all for keeping the costs down, but creating a rule that actually shortens a tires useful life by more than 50% seems to do the opposite of that.

What if we had a minimum tire diameter rule, that way no one can cut their tires down to the "fuzzy rims" we see in some of the other classes......... or even change it to a rubber tire class and have a list of legal version tires like is done for the SC class? Seems like that would be simpler to check than if someone took their tires home and trued them.

Last edited by slow poke; 09-17-2013 at 08:56 AM.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 3D-Seth
I should be able to swing by for a bit, with the 1/12th car at least. I think John Adams said he might be coming over with the new F1 tomorrow too.

Seth
I should be able to make it by for a little while too. Won't be able to run anything but I'll still bench race.

Originally Posted by adams
What time do the doors open tonight for practice?
I think Derek said 5.

Originally Posted by slow poke
How does making people buy new tires when they start to cone help with that? If ya have more $$$$ you would just get more tires, that seems just as un-fair.
Belive me I am all for keeping the costs down, but creating a rule that actually shortens a tires useful life by more than 50% seems to do the the opposite of that.

What if we had a minimum tire diameter rule, that way no one can cut their tires down to the "fuzzy rims" we see in some of the other classes......... or even change it to a rubber tire class and have a list of legal version tires like is done for the SC class? Seems like that would be simpler to check than if someone took their tires home and trued them.
I agree with Wayne on this one. Either have a minimum diameter or change to rubber tires only. Minimum diameter will get more life out of the foams if you don't have to toss them when they wear down. You will have to have someone willing to tech tire size though.

Rubber tires are easier to police with a quick glance and there are several available to choose from.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:28 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

We well Change the rules for the ST tires. We will do Rubber tires.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:07 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Zman0627
We well Change the rules for the ST tires. We will do Rubber tires.
Ok. As much as I like the foam tires, I think that the rubber tire solution is probably what is best for the group.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trying to decide how to handle opening on Saturdays. We won't be staffing it as we have discussed until we get enough racers on Saturdays to be able to bring someone in to open. We are running our staff pretty lean this winter.. So:
Every racer has to check in at the Hotslots retail shop and pay their practice fee (good towards their racing fees later that day) before they get a pit area and get going. Our thoughts are to give each racer a receipt that they can put on their pit area to show they have checked in and had their tires approved etc..

How early do you think we need to open the track? Plus we need for anyone who has already paid the practice fee to direct people to the store before they even come in.. You guys ok with that?
Old 09-18-2013, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I think doors open at noon or 1, and racing at 6 sounds good.
Old 09-18-2013, 01:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

How are you running the program 3 5 min heats and a main?? Will F1 be the same??
Looking forward to Oct 5
Thanks
Old 09-18-2013, 08:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smokefan
How are you running the program 3 5 min heats and a main?? Will F1 be the same??
Looking forward to Oct 5
Thanks
My vote goes for 15min rounds for F1
Old 09-19-2013, 07:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

One note on USTVA. Last year the capacity limit was not unforced to prevent the need for someone to have to buy new packs of they were coming into VTA new, similar to going by Roar legal blinky ESC last year. Any real reason to change?
Old 09-20-2013, 07:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Captain
My vote goes for 15min rounds for F1
My vote is for 8 min mains like 12th scale.. It will just make the night go to long and is not fair to a Marshall that does not run that class and has to stand out there for 15 minutes.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:48 AM
Tech Adept

Gray,
I understand what you are saying. I put the rules up to help new people. I want to make this year a fun and easy year people.

We had a lot of new people coming in and looking and a few bought stuff to run this year. Just wanted to make sure we have all the rules in place. I will be teching this year so we make sure that people ESC are in Blinky mode. and for F1 mains I think 6-8 mins will be good. We dont want people to Marshalls to be out there for 15mins.
Old 09-23-2013, 05:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Do I need to bring a chair or extension cord or??? Looking forward to meeting you guys the 5th
I think I am running F1 and my son will run vta.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.