R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Wisconsin & Illinois Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsin-illinois-racing-11/)
-   -   HotSlots R/C Racing indoor Carpet track 2013 season (https://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsin-illinois-racing/752777-hotslots-r-c-racing-indoor-carpet-track-2013-season.html)

tallcardinalfan 08-20-2013 09:12 AM

HotSlots R/C Racing indoor Carpet track 2013 season

Hey all were about 3 months from opening the indoor track back up for winter racing. Going to have a new layout for the start of the new season.
70'x30' road course along with jumps for the SCT's. If we have enough interest, we'd like to see Stadium trucks race. Type of tire is still being decided any suggestions on tires would be good.

No buggies, nor 4x4 trucks will be allowed. Due to possibility of tearing the track up with the shock towers on the buggies and not enough room for the 4x4 trucks.
Race rules:
http://www.hotslots132.com/hotslots-...ive-a-289.html

Rick Vessell 08-20-2013 10:28 AM

3 months before opening? November is a little late to get started. I'd be ready to go end of September myself.

tallcardinalfan 08-20-2013 01:12 PM

Rick,
We tried Oct. last year and barely had anyone to race in start. I'll to them.

MarkerInbound 08-20-2013 09:35 PM

I'm going to miss having weekends off. I'll do what I can. All my stuff is covered in cobwebs.

Kev4918 08-22-2013 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by MarkerInbound (Post 12468681)
I'm going to miss having weekends off. I'll do what I can. All my stuff is covered in cobwebs.

sorry to hear that. I won't be coming during week days due to job is a little far, but will be doing a sat or sun.

The Captain 08-25-2013 07:57 PM

Count me in for F1 and USGT :D

Tommy mac 08-26-2013 05:12 PM

tallcardinalfan 08-27-2013 08:59 PM

What all classes do you all have interest in this year?

Rick Vessell 08-28-2013 10:25 AM

Same as last year:

On road:

VTA
F1
USGT
12th scale
Maybe 17.5 sedan if there's enough interest

For the bump n jump fans:

SCT
Stadium truck
Rally?

The Captain 08-28-2013 08:11 PM

Oh man, I'd love to run rally! I'm going to stick with F1 as my main focus though. I'll be running USGT as well, but I'm not going to get too serious about it. Mainly just running it because I already have the car.

I'd like to see the F1 class really take off this season.

tallcardinalfan 08-28-2013 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Rick Vessell (Post 12492701)
Same as last year:

On road:

VTA
F1
USGT
12th scale
Maybe 17.5 sedan if there's enough interest

For the bump n jump fans:

SCT
Stadium truck
Rally?

WE tried 12th but the interest disappeared. I've heard interest of ST and rally what type of cars would this be under?

3D-Seth 08-29-2013 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by tallcardinalfan (Post 12466306)
Hey all were about 3 months from opening the indoor track back up for winter racing. Going to have a new layout for the start of the new season.
70'x30' road course along with jumps for the SCT's. If we have enough interest, we'd like to see Stadium trucks race. Type of tire is still being decided any suggestions on tires would be good.

No buggies, nor 4x4 trucks will be allowed. Due to possibility of tearing the track up with the shock towers on the buggies and not enough room for the 4x4 trucks.

Originally Posted by Rick Vessell (Post 12466548)
3 months before opening? November is a little late to get started. I'd be ready to go end of September myself.

Sounds late to me too.

October last year probably didn't do well due to the track being new, and no one knowing it was there. Now that there is racers that know about it, I'd expect it to do well sooner. I'm not saying August/September by any means, but October would be nice.

I also know there is 3 of us from here that plan on doing 12th consistently, 2 more that will do it here and there.

Seth

pigeonfarmboy 08-29-2013 09:20 AM

I'll be running 1:12 and F1 all winter long. :batman:

Rick Vessell 08-29-2013 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by The Captain (Post 12494607)
Oh man, I'd love to run rally! I'm going to stick with F1 as my main focus though. I'll be running USGT as well, but I'm not going to get too serious about it. Mainly just running it because I already have the car.

I'd like to see the F1 class really take off this season.

Originally Posted by tallcardinalfan (Post 12494798)
WE tried 12th but the interest disappeared. I've heard interest of ST and rally what type of cars would this be under?

Originally Posted by 3D-Seth (Post 12495993)
Sounds late to me too.

October last year probably didn't do well due to the track being new, and no one knowing it was there. Now that there is racers that know about it, I'd expect it to do well sooner. I'm not saying August/September by any means, but October would be nice.

I also know there is 3 of us from here that plan on doing 12th consistently, 2 more that will do it here and there.

Seth

Originally Posted by pigeonfarmboy (Post 12496084)
I'll be running 1:12 and F1 all winter long. :batman:

I still have my 12th and intend to be out more this season. F1 for sure and USGT.

Rally would be TC chassis with more ride height and Rally bodies, treaded tires like USGT.

Jumps need to be reworked this season. I think the SCTs get too much air with the current setup. Lower jumps will still be about timing but you'll also have less 'bounce' crashes and lower chance of damaging the track. Rally cars would then be able to jump also and not be upside down all the time.

3D-Seth 09-03-2013 08:30 AM

Any updates on when the track will be open, even for practice?