Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Eclipse Hobbies On Road Test Date Bradley, IL >

Eclipse Hobbies On Road Test Date Bradley, IL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Eclipse Hobbies On Road Test Date Bradley, IL

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 06:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

sorry but sunday i work saturday's
Old 12-16-2012, 10:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

did anyone try any drifting out there? theres a group of chi town drifters who are looking for a good indoor spot. im sure if you ran some drift events it would start taking off in the area. right now were struck to summer only would be nice to see a place support rc drifting a little
Old 12-17-2012, 10:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2112troy
I think Saturdays, but I would work around it. What about a 17.5 touring class? Really interested in that too!
We will be doing it again this Saturday December 22nd.

We will be running VTA and 17.5TC for sure and any others we have 3 or more of.

Doors open at 11am
sounds like everyone will be here by 2pm

Can't wait to do some more Road Racing!!

Come join us

Vist www.eclipsehobbies.com for contact info and good driving directions. Its a little tricky to find the first time. Google maps and GPS WILL NOT get you here.

Thanks
Old 12-17-2012, 10:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Badcompny44
did anyone try any drifting out there? theres a group of chi town drifters who are looking for a good indoor spot. im sure if you ran some drift events it would start taking off in the area. right now were struck to summer only would be nice to see a place support rc drifting a little
Yes we already have a good number of local drift guys. Bring them out On Saturday. The current layout lends itself nicely to drifting.
We are open 11am TIL 11pm on Saturdays
Old 12-17-2012, 10:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

I'll be there.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:11 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Ch3no2Phil
Yes we already have a good number of local drift guys. Bring them out On Saturday. The current layout lends itself nicely to drifting.
We are open 11am TIL 11pm on Saturdays
sounds great. thanks for the info gonna try and get a group together and make the trip out.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:28 PM
Tech Regular

im trying to get a group together to come out jan 5 was wondering if we will be able to drift then just wanna make sure as some of us will be driving 1-2 hours to get there. also what tires are people using for drifting and do you have any for sale there ive got some pvc tires and hpi t drifts but never have drifted on carpet so not sure what works best thanks
Old 12-18-2012, 10:46 PM
Tech Regular

im trying to get a group together to come out jan 5 was wondering if we will be able to drift then just wanna make sure as some of us will be driving 1-2 hours to get there. also what tires are people using for drifting and do you have any for sale there ive got some pvc tires and hpi t drifts but never have drifted on carpet so not sure what works best thanks
You bring 'em . We'll Drift'em. Also if there is something you guys would like to see in stock, like certain wheels, tires, pinions ect. Please let me know and I will try to have them for you when you get here.

Another Class I would really like to do is F1. So if anyone has one going bring it.

would love to the a day of VTA, WGT, F1, and FD

Thanks
Old 12-19-2012, 05:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ch3no2Phil
You bring 'em . We'll Drift'em. Also if there is something you guys would like to see in stock, like certain wheels, tires, pinions ect. Please let me know and I will try to have them for you when you get here.

Another Class I would really like to do is F1. So if anyone has one going bring it.

would love to the a day of VTA, WGT, F1, and FD

Thanks
I would really like to get my WGT back on a track, that and I also have a F104 that could use some track time too. That being said, what day do you expect to be for just on-road?
Old 12-19-2012, 09:58 AM
Tech Regular

Sounds great Phil can't wait to make it out there. Is it still 5 bucks on sat and are the hours still 11-11 this should be my last question lol. Again thanks and trying my best to get a big group out there but we'll see what happens as a lot of people put up there drifters for the winter see ya then!!!!
Old 12-19-2012, 11:43 PM
Tech Regular

Sounds great Phil can't wait to make it out there. Is it still 5 bucks on sat and are the hours still 11-11 this should be my last question lol. Again thanks and trying my best to get a big group out there but we'll see what happens as a lot of people put up there drifters for the winter see ya then!!!!

Yes the hours are 11am til 11pm
Yes it will just be $5 dollars all day again this promotional race day. Normally it is $10 for the first class and $5 each after. Which will likely go in place the next scheduled Race day
We would like to get started around 2pm for the racing VTA and 17.5TC and then drifting to follow
National VTA rules apply 25.5t Motors HPI tires all esc's to blinky
We will do 2 qualifiers and a Main for the racing
It will be up to the Drifters to determine the format if they want to do more than just free drift. We will accommodate anyway possible. Other than the track layout we also have lots of orange disc and cones for added drifting features

Again this day is designed to promote the classes and Track here at Eclipse
Old 12-20-2012, 01:02 PM
Tech Regular

Looking more and more like we are going to have a good turn out for On Road racing this Saturday December 22nd. Sounds like we may even have a few special guest well known in the RC world. Come on out and be part of the FUN
Old 12-22-2012, 09:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Had a great time up there today. I have a couple friends looking to get into the onroad scene too. Let's get this going whether it's Saturday or Sunday, it was a really good time. Looking forward to the next one.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:20 PM
Tech Regular

Was just wondering how long the races have been running?
Old 12-27-2012, 10:22 PM
Tech Regular

Was just wondering how long the races have been running?
Long, as in how late? Well last saturday we opened at 11am started racing a little after 2pm. We Ran VTA and 17.5T TC. two 5 minute qualifiers then the mains. I believe we were done before 5pm. We are still trying to get everyones input on the best schedule. A few guys had enough fun here that they said they might even try to race at 2 places in the same day if possible. I know I can get from our shop to Champaign in an hour just keeping up with traffic and Joliet in about 35 minutes

We will be Racing again this Saturday. We hope to have another good turn out.