Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Toys for Tots Championship at R/C Raceway >

Toys for Tots Championship at R/C Raceway

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Toys for Tots Championship at R/C Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 05:11 PM
Tech Adept

Had a good time yesterday, I'll have to come out again sometime when I have more than just clay tires with me. That way I can go strait to the A-main instead of bumping out of the C...lol.

Originally Posted by NPETRO
It would be nice if there was a good following of stock sc at Streamwood...been there for two racedays and every time its open sc...except when there is an "event".
Even with other guys running open and lower turn motors, I never really felt like I was underpowered. My problem was in the tires, not the motor. If anything you could leave the 17.5 in and switch to a boosted profile, but there wasnt enough of a backstrait for it to matter really.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NPETRO
It would be nice if there was a good following of stock sc at Streamwood...been there for two racedays and every time its open sc...except when there is an "event".
Yup. This is one of my biggest holdups from running there. I'll run with my 17.5 out there eventually though.

Originally Posted by Solara
How much of MOD it can use at that track..? If you use a "REAL" ESC you just need to add some static timing on the 17.5 and it is MOD...

When are you going to join our DARK SIDE...
I know 17.5 is plenty fast for that track. This statement only supports 17.5 in my opinion.

Originally Posted by wizzles29
Even with other guys running open and lower turn motors, I never really felt like I was underpowered. My problem was in the tires, not the motor. If anything you could leave the 17.5 in and switch to a boosted profile, but there wasnt enough of a backstrait for it to matter really.
I just rather have a bit more of a playing field. 17.5 is plenty nuff to clear the mid triple and I didn't see anyone clearing the back triple. I wasn't there long though.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

I think the all but the most skilled mod motor guys may be at a slight disadvantage here. I always ran a 17.5 and there were very few who were running mod motors who were much better. I say keep it open and let the mod guys create their own disadvantage.

Dave
Old 12-17-2012, 05:39 PM
Tech Regular

Cole and I had a blast Sunday. Another great event at R/C Raceway. Thanks Guys.

Thanks Howard for the vids.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TT_Vert
I think the all but the most skilled mod motor guys may be at a slight disadvantage here. I always ran a 17.5 and there were very few who were running mod motors who were much better. I say keep it open and let the mod guys create their own disadvantage.

Dave
True but it still gives some an advantage. It's not a huge deal but it's enough to make LHR my primary and this my backup.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by shagino
True but it still gives some an advantage. It's not a huge deal but it's enough to make LHR my primary and this my backup.
That's not the right attitude to have. There will never be a class if people don't show up.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 07Forester
That's not the right attitude to have. There will never be a class if people don't show up.
Sorry, it wasn't meant to be a strong statement and I didn't mean to hijack the thread.

I'll make it out there eventually but I'd like a 17.5 class as well, that's all.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Sorry, it wasn't meant to be a strong statement and I didn't mean to hijack the thread.

I'll make it out there eventually but I'd like a 17.5 class as well, that's all.
The best way to get people to run 17.5 is to talk it up when you finally decide to come.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Lol: My cruising pace for winning the B in 2wd buggy was good enough for 3rd in the A. Gotta love qualifiers. Rich bitch: You got lucky in truck. See you soon.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:50 AM
Tech Adept

I'm pretty sure the top 2 guys were running 17.5 and this isn't the first time I've seen people win with 17.5.

I think the strongest reason for it being open is to welcome the RTR guys. With the size of the track and current conditions, anything more than 17.5 is overall a disadvantage. I think a 17.5 with just a little bit of boost would be perfect. My son and I still run the RTR electronics which is a 3300kv motor. We have it geared 15/87 with the EPA set at 90% and it was still too much power. The only issue I have with running 17.5 is the cost of buying an ESC and motor x 2.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

DAn, did you end up taking the buggy a main.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:13 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TT_Vert
DAn, did you end up taking the buggy a main.
No, I was 3rd. I'm still fighting the rear traction issue but it is better. As usual, my traction / grip went down throughout the day. I'm thinking I should try going back to a full size battery for more weight. Softer springs are helping but I am at the softest that I have and there is only 1 step softer available by AE. Maybe some more weight will be similar to softer suspension.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:35 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RickyBoobby
No, I was 3rd. I'm still fighting the rear traction issue but it is better. As usual, my traction / grip went down throughout the day. I'm thinking I should try going back to a full size battery for more weight. Softer springs are helping but I am at the softest that I have and there is only 1 step softer available by AE. Maybe some more weight will be similar to softer suspension.
Have you tried adding more rear toe? Less anti squat?
Old 12-18-2012, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Crash74
Cole and I had a blast Sunday. Another great event at R/C Raceway. Thanks Guys.

Thanks Howard for the vids.
Sounds like it was a great time. I had really hoped to be there but I felt like poop all day Saturday at the Leisure and decided it would be best to get a good day of rest instead. Dang it. Next time I guess.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RickyBoobby
More weight can make it feel more hooked up coming out of the corner but the tires will have more load to support mid corner and probably will break traction easier there. And the softest spring isn't always the most hooked up. If the spring allows the chassis to roll too deep you break traction by overloading the outside tire in a corner, especially just as you start to try to exit the corner.

Usually a problem like this comes down to very small changes. As the day goes on add more rear camber and take some front out, raise the front ride height and/or lower the rear by a half turn of the shock collars, add a ballstud washer before the main, move the wing back just a little (tlr has multiple holes for a reason and it works).

This stuff will usually keep the car feeling very similar from the start to the end of a race day when the track is drying out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.