Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Innovative Hobbies and Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 05:22 PM
Tech Addict

Default Which class would the Losi 10 SCTE be in?

As part of my "birthday week" (hey, if you have to get older, you should celebrate longer as you go right?) some of the family and me will come down from GB on Saturday to race.

Brought out the dusty penny jar and bought a Losi 10 SCTE last week. I've been practicing a bit and feel like Innovation would be a track that I could stay out of the way and yet race a little.

I know you run more than one 4x4 class. This is a box stock SCTE. The only thing that's different is...you know, nothing really. Actually it has the stock brushless, electronics, etc. I'm not running the stock wheels/tires, rather I'm working with Losi wheels and Panther tires.

Thanks for any feedback,

Thomas
Old 03-25-2013, 06:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Smile

Originally Posted by slider27s
As part of my "birthday week" (hey, if you have to get older, you should celebrate longer as you go right?) some of the family and me will come down from GB on Saturday to race.

Brought out the dusty penny jar and bought a Losi 10 SCTE last week. I've been practicing a bit and feel like Innovation would be a track that I could stay out of the way and yet race a little.

I know you run more than one 4x4 class. This is a box stock SCTE. The only thing that's different is...you know, nothing really. Actually it has the stock brushless, electronics, etc. I'm not running the stock wheels/tires, rather I'm working with Losi wheels and Panther tires.

Thanks for any feedback,

Thomas
Thomas you would be running with the 4x4 mod class the other class is only stock slash 4x4. Remember slow = fast its all how you drive it.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by larryh37wi
Better hold that tongue or I might have to put my mod motor back in
Well I had just assumed you were going to do that anyway. Whatever you decide to do larry I hope its a good close race. Those are always more exciting. Last week I was only down 1.09seconds, this week I was ahead 2.01. So I'm hoping either way there gonna be a close race.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Is there a race this Saturday?
Old 03-26-2013, 09:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by kcooper273
Is there a race this Saturday?
Yes there is a race this saturday. They open at 12 and racing starts at 2. Come on out and enjoy the fun.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

That will be a birthday present to myself, see you guys Saturday.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:37 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MurdockJr
Thomas you would be running with the 4x4 mod class the other class is only stock slash 4x4. Remember slow = fast its all how you drive it.
Yes, that's the same advice I give others at the Mighty Victory Hobbies and it's true. I turned the truck down a little to learn how to control it better in the corners - it's a whole different approach to driving (two wheel to 4x4).

In the end, if I tried to go too fast, I ended up looking "turtle" on the track somewhere...not cool.

The width and layout of Innovation Raceway should be a good match to my present capability. I won't intentionally get in people's way.
I see that as poor race etiquette, personally. Some people choose to race "over their heads" (they are usually laughing as their trucks cartwheel down some part of the track.) but I just see that as a way to waste $100s of dollars that took me personally too long to earn.

Joshua and Micah (the twins racing 17.5 Losi xxx scts) will be with me when we come down Saturday and I may have a few others from GB - we'll see. We will be there though.

Thomas
Old 03-29-2013, 06:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Foxhound
Well I had just assumed you were going to do that anyway. Whatever you decide to do larry I hope its a good close race. Those are always more exciting. Last week I was only down 1.09seconds, this week I was ahead 2.01. So I'm hoping either way there gonna be a close race.
I'm just playing with you Josh, the stock motor is staying in I want to beat you with that. I might have to give you the win this week though I might not be there this week unless someone wants to send Troy down to Indy to change a tire on my truck I am broke down and now late for my pick up and not sure how this is going to screw my schedule up
Old 03-29-2013, 06:53 AM
Tech Rookie

I'm just playing with you Josh, the stock motor is staying in I want to beat you with that. I might have to give you the win this week though I might not be there this week unless someone wants to send Troy down to Indy to change a tire on my truck I am broke down and now late for my pick up and not sure how this is going to screw my schedule up
Well that sucks! I hope you make it back in time for Saturday.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:03 PM
Tech Adept

Hope u make it back as well, or ill have to put Josh's Losi in its place with my TRAXXAS RUSTLER! Lol

Tim
Old 04-01-2013, 03:27 AM
Tech Regular

Good nite of racing this last sat nite stock slash was alot of fun just a group of guys having fun and just a note Troy and Mike are within a couple points of each other so these last couple weeks are going to tight, stadium truck kind of sucked the TQ driver broke in the main and Josh didnt have a good race but I will take the win- and just a note if you look at the points Josh and Tim are tied with 4 weeks to go, stock sc had some really good young drivers that was putting down great laps , 2wd buggy well kind of boring with only 2 but I'll take the win then there was 4x4 stock and mod and these two classes had some problems and there was talk after about them with groups of racers and Ryan and hoping these things can be worked out and we can have a great racing program here.
Innovative doesnt have the best track around, and the store doesnt have every part people are looking for which Ryan is adding all the time, but the thing he does have and if you look back though this thread is a friendly place and myself having been to alot of different places you see people you have never meet getting to know each other and people helping each other and it makes it alot of fun but some things have been getting out of hand and I think one of them can be a easy fix, and that is yelling at corner marshal's. They didnt put you on your lid so dont yell at them, yes sometimes you may feel they didnt move fast enough and I know everyone is amped up and I have to catch myself too. The other is cursing (which is a problem myself with my trucker mouth) and screaming at people to get out of there way, the 4x4 mod main was terrible sat nite and it was a small group doing it and the main guy talking like that I think hit every car at least twice. This is for fun and there are alot of young kids there and hope there will be more , but what went on in that main was not good and hope it doesn't keep happening or there will be people turned off by this. There was a discussion with Ryan and I hope he can turn this around but I think everybody can just check themselves and we can fix this without having Ryan having to step in and make a problem for himself, if you didnt win this week there will be another.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

I wanted to order a thing or 2 from the shop. Is there a way to get something ordered and have it for saturday. I'm not sure when they do there order for the week but what i wanted is small stuff.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:48 AM
Tech Adept

Default SAt Night 4x4 mod race.

I was in the 4x4 mod race sat. A earlier post talked about how bad that race was. Im sorry I did not see or hear what was being talked about. The start was one of the best 4x4 starts in a while. I dont know about yelling at marshals. I did not hear that. As for yelling on the stand at other drivers. I know I ASKED a couple drivers if I could come through.Thanked them when they let me through. If I offended anybody im sorry. Other then that I didnt see a bad race. But I only saw what was going on close to the Shark truck.
Was a great day of racing. I have my own concerns about 4x4 racing. But its at every track. Innovative Crew Keep up the good work..
Old 04-01-2013, 08:26 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitro neil
I wanted to order a thing or 2 from the shop. Is there a way to get something ordered and have it for saturday. I'm not sure when they do there order for the week but what i wanted is small stuff.

Give Ryan a call at 920-286-1712. He will be more than happy to hook you up with the parts you need.

Levi
Old 04-01-2013, 08:50 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nitro neil
hey Neil you can email Ryan at [email protected] thats what I do or you can go on facebook and his phone num is on there he does orders on monday and wensday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.