Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Innovative Hobbies and Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 08:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Awesome day at the track today. Big turnout of people. Placed second in stadium truck Amaun. Larry I'm sorry I put you in the wall. My bad, came out of the corner wrong. All in all good day though. Can't wait till next weekend!
Old 03-09-2013, 08:31 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Losi Late Model
hey guys, ive talked to Ryan a few times and it sounds like he was interested in putting a blacktop drag strip for the Traxxas Funny Cars in this spring....he said there was a nice stretch that he wanted to blacktop anyway. I have 6 guys interested in it already that would get cars if he did. I have funny car already and have a blast with it. But was wondering if anyone out there is also interested? would like to make this happen since there are no rc drag strips in WI. This could really take off if we have enough interest....
I am interested in racing the funny cars. would be pretty cool if Ryan put a drag strip out at innovative. Also all the racing today was really good. It ran very smooth with over 80 entries I'm looking forward to next Saturdays racing!

Tim
Old 03-11-2013, 06:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Well I bought some new tires to try out this weekend. Hoping for some better traction exiting the turns. Gotta find a way to make 15 second laps if I want any chance of beating larry and a couple others. Cant wait for saturday to come around, I'm ready for racing.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Foxhound
Well I bought some new tires to try out this weekend. Hoping for some better traction exiting the turns. Gotta find a way to make 15 second laps if I want any chance of beating larry and a couple others. Cant wait for saturday to come around, I'm ready for racing.
I have great luck running the AKA Wishbone tire in Clay compound at Innovative . Remember to make sure you take care of your tires ! Mark them so you know where the tire came off of on your truck . Like LR, RR, LF, and RF . This is important because of how the tire breaks in and what direction it was broken in at . Always clean your tires and put them back in the bag that they came in at the end of the day , this help keep them from drying out . Don't run your race tires at home and they will last you longer . Remember that we all have the same equipment it's the small things that make a difference !
Old 03-11-2013, 08:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by PRODURANGO
I have great luck running the AKA Wishbone tire in Clay compound at Innovative . Remember to make sure you take care of your tires ! Mark them so you know where the tire came off of on your truck . Like LR, RR, LF, and RF . This is important because of how the tire breaks in and what direction it was broken in at . Always clean your tires and put them back in the bag that they came in at the end of the day , this help keep them from drying out . Don't run your race tires at home and they will last you longer . Remember that we all have the same equipment it's the small things that make a difference !
Thanks for the tips. Never thought about marking tires that way. Will have to give that a shot.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:06 AM
Tech Rookie

Heard good things from a few people in my neck of the woods who ran at Innovative last week! Due to the closing of our home track a distance away, a few of us would like to make the trip down this Saturday to run stock SC and Stock Slash. One thing Jeff and the guys mentioned was there was no teching last Saturday... was this due to time, or is this not part of the normal show? Reading a few threads up, I see blinky was a rule, but before making the trip, want to make sure this and all rules are enforced. Our former track was pretty tight on this, so I want to make sure its not a "run what you brung" type situation. Our cars were built to the same rules of our track and that are on Innovatives website. Want to make sure they would be competitve prior to a 3 hour drive. Thanks for all the tire tips as well, looks like my wishbones will be mounted tonight.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by widlmfan
Heard good things from a few people in my neck of the woods who ran at Innovative last week! Due to the closing of our home track a distance away, a few of us would like to make the trip down this Saturday to run stock SC and Stock Slash. One thing Jeff and the guys mentioned was there was no teching last Saturday... was this due to time, or is this not part of the normal show? Reading a few threads up, I see blinky was a rule, but before making the trip, want to make sure this and all rules are enforced. Our former track was pretty tight on this, so I want to make sure its not a "run what you brung" type situation. Our cars were built to the same rules of our track and that are on Innovatives website. Want to make sure they would be competitve prior to a 3 hour drive. Thanks for all the tire tips as well, looks like my wishbones will be mounted tonight.
Yep come on down love to have you, last week there was no tech, it seems like it is a random. Everyone is real friendly and people are walking around checking what everyone is running and we all kind of keep an eye on certain people VAUGHN but it has been a couple weeks since there was a tech so I would guess this weekend will be a tech. We want to make sure there is no cheater motors VAUGHN being used, and ur right about the blinky mode, also bring those stock slash's last week there was a great race me and another guy traded the lead like 5 times in the a main but I blame my loss on VAUGHN.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:18 PM
Tech Regular

I dont care who you are, thats funny right there! Most of the time we do spot check if it seems there may be an issue. For the most part we have the same group and there is no need. I should be there early enough this week so I will be checking some classes. I have not seen an issue though. So come on down and join the fun. And by the way Larry my vehicles are probably the only ones that get checked regularly by half the guys there and are always good to go! We did agree to allow the D 3.5 motor.

Vaughn
Old 03-15-2013, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (96%+)

Vaughn is teching tommorrow? Crap! Now I have to go back to the bench and pull the tekin 4600 out of my stock slash 4x4. LOL
See ya all saturday! Chuck
Old 03-17-2013, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Nice day of racing saturday. 69 entries is nice.
Hey Vaughn. What are the rules for the springs on a Slash 4x4 class? Traxxas dont have a selection of springs for tuning. Springs are cheap. Chuck
Old 03-17-2013, 02:07 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rcracenut
Nice day of racing saturday. 69 entries is nice.
Hey Vaughn. What are the rules for the springs on a Slash 4x4 class? Traxxas dont have a selection of springs for tuning. Springs are cheap. Chuck
I know for the GTR Shocks that are on the LCG Slash 4x4. They do offer optional springs. The part numbers are roughly 7440 to 7450 or so for each set of springs. I am not sure about the older Ultra shocks or the Big Bore Shocks that they offer. I know Im not Vaughn but I try to be.

-Tim
Old 03-17-2013, 03:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Hellgrunt98
I know for the GTR Shocks that are on the LCG Slash 4x4. They do offer optional springs. The part numbers are roughly 7440 to 7450 or so for each set of springs. I am not sure about the older Ultra shocks or the Big Bore Shocks that they offer. I know Im not Vaughn but I try to be.

-Tim
Thanks Tim. But I think those are progessive springs, which suck. I was wondering if they allow other (ie losi) springs.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:08 PM
Tech Regular

I am not sure about Ryans schedule during the week, but he's always been real open to suggestions, so what do you guys think of this. Having a weekday "tuning" night for the guys who want to test and try new things to run on Saturdays? After hitting up a few Friday and Sunday practice dates, and I am not complaining here because everyone should be welcome to come have fun, i found it extremely hard to turn a clean lap or keep from trashing equipment due to either a large group of cars running at once, or just general bashing. Last friday i lost a A-arm on the SC from getting hit head on from a truck running the track backwards, and a A-arm and GTR shock on the Slash from going down the back stretch and getting kamikazied by a truck jumping the table over to the backstretch lol. Its fun to watch but id rather not take a $600 plus truck into that situation, esp if i need to use it on Saturday. I think an organized tune night where say Slash 2wd stock and SC stock run 5 minutes, then maybe Slash 4wd and 4wd sc mod run 5 minutes, followed by buggies ect. Just send similiar groups of cars out at once and just keep rotating thru the order. This will allow the guys who want to concentrate on practicing smooth lines and differant setups a controlled enviroment with other drivers looking to do the same. This would keep the racers and bashers happy imo.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by heinen81
I am not sure about Ryans schedule during the week, but he's always been real open to suggestions, so what do you guys think of this. Having a weekday "tuning" night for the guys who want to test and try new things to run on Saturdays? After hitting up a few Friday and Sunday practice dates, and I am not complaining here because everyone should be welcome to come have fun, i found it extremely hard to turn a clean lap or keep from trashing equipment due to either a large group of cars running at once, or just general bashing. Last friday i lost a A-arm on the SC from getting hit head on from a truck running the track backwards, and a A-arm and GTR shock on the Slash from going down the back stretch and getting kamikazied by a truck jumping the table over to the backstretch lol. Its fun to watch but id rather not take a $600 plus truck into that situation, esp if i need to use it on Saturday. I think an organized tune night where say Slash 2wd stock and SC stock run 5 minutes, then maybe Slash 4wd and 4wd sc mod run 5 minutes, followed by buggies ect. Just send similiar groups of cars out at once and just keep rotating thru the order. This will allow the guys who want to concentrate on practicing smooth lines and differant setups a controlled enviroment with other drivers looking to do the same. This would keep the racers and bashers happy imo.
That sounds like a good idea. A contolled, racer only practice night. Ryan could verify the entry on his computer as a racer or not. Not a previously entered racer, not allowed to practice that night. Maybe Vaughn can suggest that to Ryan as he works closer to him.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:58 AM
Tech Regular

I wouldnt even be opposed to if it were a new person who may have just gotten a model, with the intent to race. Maybe he/she wants to get some laps to familiarize themselves with it, and be around other racers who can offer some advice and setup help. If anyone starts jumping lanes, going the opposite directions, or starts bashing around, they're done. I would think 5-10minute rotating test sessions, with similiar classes (depending on the car count) running together, would probably only be appealing to those there to test and practice anyways. Then the guys who were there to improve their racing skills wouldnt get frustrated and leave, and the kids and people there to just bash, jump and screw around, would still have Fridays and Sundays. I know Ryan is pretty busy in the week with track prep, and obviously has a family life as well, so I am not sure if this would even work for him....but i'd volunteer to help, and if enough people are interested on here, I will ask him about it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.