Community
Wiki Posts
Search

off road at oshkosh

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 01:58 PM
Tech Adept

Pink
Offroad died on its own, not because of the oval. The oval was something new to try to generate some intrest in an unused room.

Mini-T on the dirt oval is the most fun I've had in a lot years of racing. No pressure, evenly matched speed, all driver. Even with the wreaks, I have never heard a bunch of racers laugh so hard at an r/c race.

Edm is just nuts. I'm not an oval fan, but something about pure horsepower and speed. Great fun for little investment.

Dirt oval rocks!!

\______
Lee \
Old 01-27-2005, 02:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default zach there will never be a decent off road truck class

zach there will never be a decent off road truck classuntil the oval is gone and the track is watered on a daily basis......thats way i dont go ill stick to trackside and hto outdoor for off road if i wanted to race on desert terrian id move to arizona

i love off road though but winter is time for the sedans.
Old 01-27-2005, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by t4driver88
thats way i dont go ill stick to trackside and hto outdoor for off road if i wanted to race on desert terrian id move to arizona
Ben, do you realize that line is actualy about three sentences. Sorry I had to.
Snowy.

Last edited by Essnowyt; 01-27-2005 at 04:42 PM.
Old 01-27-2005, 08:54 PM
Tech Master

For the record, that track is watered daily. If you would come, you would see.

Bill
Old 01-27-2005, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Long post warning :

I think the Dirt Oval (while not my cup of tea!) has potential to introduce new people into the sport of RC. Bill and the volunteer track crew do a great job of keeping it up to spec. Like it was previously stated, Offroad died of it's own accord. If you still want to run your gearbox with some good competition just snag some foams and join the ranks on Saturday.

Who cares a rip if Kinwald, Francis, Pavidis, and whichever Factory sponsored driver don't race their cars on carpet. If the prospect of racing an offroad truck/buggy on carpet bothers you that much, then don't do it and get off the back of the guys having fun. For me the decision is a simple one. Can I race with my friends and have a good time? If that's a yes then do it. Personally I can't fault people for spending several hundred dollars on an offroad truck and wanting to use it locally and for more than three or four months out of a year.

Not trying to offend anyone by this but it's been on my chest for a while. See ya on the Roadcourse!
Old 01-28-2005, 05:12 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default ...

well it was never watered when i went
Old 01-28-2005, 08:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I assume you are giping about the lack of water because of the cracks in the track. Obviously you havent raced on clay much. Even with the cracks that track was never slick. When dirt oval was the only thing anyone raced in wisconsin clay tracks where all over and they all had cracks which made them look dry. Clay is low maintenance and clean. Wet clay is like ice
Old 01-28-2005, 11:31 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

I'm new, but I started because Wednesdays work for me. I love the Oval - I want more speed!!! It's all about having fun. Even though I was wreaking havoc with other drivers of the Mini's, we were all laughing and having a good time. The clay track is great and in excellent shape.
Old 01-28-2005, 01:00 PM
Tech Adept

The yellow Mini EDM.

\______
Lee \
Old 01-28-2005, 01:05 PM
Tech Adept

HALFFAST

I took your advice and should have better control now - hopefully.

Red 18T - Like you didn't know
Old 01-28-2005, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (96%+)

007, Im glad your having fun. Thats what its about. There are different kinds of racing so that there is a spot for just about everyone. Find that spot, work hard at it and enjoy!
Old 01-28-2005, 11:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

007:

Do you race the -18T on the Oval part or the "Challenge" part?
Old 01-29-2005, 07:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

dan-

the mini-t's and the rc18t's race on the oval
Old 01-29-2005, 08:18 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by schmelme
I assume you are giping about the lack of water because of the cracks in the track. Obviously you havent raced on clay much. Even with the cracks that track was never slick. When dirt oval was the only thing anyone raced in wisconsin clay tracks where all over and they all had cracks which made them look dry. Clay is low maintenance and clean. Wet clay is like ice
Back when we still had the banked clay oval in Madison we kept it moist. Not dry and cracked and not slippery wet. When we were done on Sunday we would spray the track lightly with water and cover it with plastic. The next week if we did it right the track was great. No cracks, not slippery except where there was a puddle and the traction was great.

I know when Scotty bought trackside from Gish it was a clay oval and the surface was much like Madison's, really good.

Ahh, it was a great time, side dams the size of a kitchen table and home made sprinters, seven cells and just racing like crazy.
Old 01-29-2005, 07:35 PM
Tech Adept

Red Z:

As PiNkIsFaSt88 said, Oval. I believe all classes are racing the oval except GearBox. (Bob and Dave seem to be having fun with their Sprint Cars!) But remember, I have only been there twice and there were different classes racing both days. I have been asked to bring my Stampede, but no one else is so I haven't. Probably the same thing everyone else is thinking that has one. Linda from Team Danger was there this last Wednesday but I didn't see her Stampede and she wasn't around long enough for me to talk to her.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.