Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Real Illinois RC Racers Club at H2 Speedway >

Real Illinois RC Racers Club at H2 Speedway

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Real Illinois RC Racers Club at H2 Speedway

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 09:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Visiting racers with ebuggy will be used to seeing everything from 3-6 cell setups unless they are visiting from mars. I've raced ebuggy in alot of places around the country and have seen it everywhere. Only exception to that would be a roar sanctioned event or a track that is insured through roar and they follow the roar bible closely. But there aren't many out there. RcPro series follows the up to 6s rules and does not require hard case and they have sanctioned events all over the country.

Honestly I don't think you will have an issue. Like I said I race 4s in my buggy now and don't feel any disadvantage to the higher voltage setups I ran in the past or against others with higher voltage. I actually work to detune the 4s setup. More power isn't the thing the ebuggys are missing. Even on 4s you can set them up to blow the tires off the rims. Settling them up to have controlable power and consistent laps is what wins races. That can be done on any voltage as long as the motor choice and esc setup are matched to the voltage.

I understand your point of needing rules. Nobody is saying to run truggy tires on a buggy I think the only point is if the limit is set to 4s you will be excluding a significant percentage of the ebuggys out there and it would hurt turnout.

I think your idea of looking at it after a race or 2 is valid, but you likely won't see anything. If the fast guy out there does happen to be running 6s, his fast times won't be because of the higher voltage. It will be because of better driving skills and they would be putting down the same laps on 4s.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcmiket
Thanks man.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

Originally Posted by rcmiket
Edumakated- by your logic I should be able to run Truggy tires on my buggy if I want, right? I mean if we aren't going to follow the rules, why not go all the way???
We would never be so picky to restrict cab forward bodies and minor details like that. But cell count is not a minor detail at all. It is the heart of the power train.
In response to the whole nitro with modded motors, running a pos rtr motor, and all that other blabber- Nitro has rules. It states a .21 engine in buggy, that's it. Plain and simple.
Electric has rules, it states 4 cell Max. Plain and simple. I didn't pull it out of my patootie you know.
Please remember guys that if YOU are responsible for running a race program, you have to have rules. I looked to the established rule package, and followed that.How would you rather have us do it? I think that I will make a rule that a race director gets a half lap lead at the start of every race. After all, he (I) doesn't get the practice or wrenching time all the other racers get. What do you guys think about that rule?? Do you think that a visiting racer might have a problem with that?
I thought this was an intelligent conversation? Sorry but this attitude kinda turns me off. It doesn't have to be all or nothing. I agree with Jeff that you should look at adopting the RCPro set of rules if you are looking for a set rules package to follow. They make MUCH more sense and it shows in the growth of that series.

By the way I run E truggy to and would love to bring it out. And it is 4S but not hard case. So I guess I can't run it?
Old 04-27-2012, 04:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slaytanic
I thought this was an intelligent conversation? Sorry but this attitude kinda turns me off. It doesn't have to be all or nothing. I agree with Jeff that you should look at adopting the RCPro set of rules if you are looking for a set rules package to follow. They make MUCH more sense and it shows in the growth of that series.

By the way I run E truggy to and would love to bring it out. And it is 4S but not hard case. So I guess I can't run it?
What attitude? all I read was a bunch of and he replied. Think about the Nitro statment with a mod, you don't get a 33% increase in power from a stock engine to a mod one like you would from 4s to 6s. He clearly stated that they are not going to be "picky" about some simple things like cab forward bodies ETC. and quite possibly a soft pack but it was never asked about until now...

I don't understand the problem here, gear your rig right with a 4s and become a good driver and you should have no problems possibly being able to take a main. I read guys complaining about having to buy a 4s pack, SO? What happens if you break an expensive part racing? You would have to buy a new one if you want to continue to race right? Buy a 4s, stop and go out and have a good time and race
Old 04-27-2012, 04:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by got_nitro
I read guys complaining about having to buy a 4s pack, SO? What happens if you break an expensive part racing? You would have to buy a new one if you want to continue to race right? Buy a 4s, stop and go out and have a good time and race
I think you missed the point that guys that run the 6s and 5s cars run lower Kv motors.... Its more than just buy a battery and race. Face it, there are not a whole lot of people that are into nitro in the summer time.. Take as many people as you can now and make the rules once you get established. My .02. I dont see how you can make rules when you dont know what your racers are running. My.02
Old 04-27-2012, 04:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TAMAK
I think you missed the point that guys that run the 6s and 5s cars run lower Kv motors.... Its more than just buy a battery and race. Face it, there are not a whole lot of people that are into nitro in the summer time.. Take as many people as you can now and make the rules once you get established. My .02. I dont see how you can make rules when you dont know what your racers are running. My.02
I guess in that respect your right but he did say that the first couple of races a 6s would be allowed, then a vote.

Here, are you going to tell me that a racer, a guy that races 1/8th scale and has been itching all year long to run at a nice outdoor track with other competitive racers can't scrape up a couple hundred bucks for a new motor and pack or 2? I know ALL of you racers have a race fund saved up and hidden from the wife! Come on....
Old 04-27-2012, 04:50 AM
Tech Elite

20% nitro fuel to 30% nitro fuel = 50% increase in power? Just sayin......

Guys. Stop arguing about all of this. They already said they will allow the 5 or 6s setups as long as they don't see any disparity after the first couple races. Leave it at that.
Old 04-27-2012, 05:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jhautz
20% nitro fuel to 30% nitro fuel = 50% increase in power? Just sayin.......
Don't all we Nitro users wish However, 20-30% increase in nitro means LESS run time so there goes the "pit" rule mentioned out the window.

Originally Posted by jhautz
Guys. Stop arguing about all of this. They already said they will allow the 5 or 6s setups as long as they don't see any disparity after the first couple races. Leave it at that.
Should have been left alone from the get go IMO but there will always be someone that has to No arguing here, it's there track, there rulzzz.. I just follow them.
Old 04-27-2012, 05:43 AM
Tech Elite

You can find an advantage and a disadvantage in everything. Life is 1 big trade off.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:30 PM
Tech Rookie

For Stock SCT, are any 1/10 scale off road tires allowed or are tires restricted to RTR tires or something else?
Old 04-27-2012, 06:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Jay Matthews
For Stock SCT, are any 1/10 scale off road tires allowed or are tires restricted to RTR tires or something else?
Any SCT tires are allowed. The only restriction is no 1/8 scale tires.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default stadium turcks

How many people ar4e gonna race these 2wd guy i know some peopl were talking about it. would they have to be a 17.5 motor to or what cause im still seaching for the kids new car. I am kinda thinking of the sct losi or the tlrt22 if the stadium will have a big race maybe. They have a both these truck rtr with a 13.5 is that faster or slower than the 17.5
Old 04-27-2012, 08:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

wow! last time i went back to the paintball field was 2 or 3 years ago. now i find out that there is an rc track there also. sad part is that i only live 2 minutes away by mackeys hideout. another sad part is i pass it atleast 5-6 days a week for work. guess i will be making a detour on the way home to check it out.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by imrob
How many people ar4e gonna race these 2wd guy i know some peopl were talking about it. would they have to be a 17.5 motor to or what cause im still seaching for the kids new car. I am kinda thinking of the sct losi or the tlrt22 if the stadium will have a big race maybe. They have a both these truck rtr with a 13.5 is that faster or slower than the 17.5
I really have no idea how to respond to your statement and/or question. Anyone?
Old 04-28-2012, 03:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kingd1969
I really have no idea how to respond to your statement and/or question. Anyone?
Originally Posted by imrob
I think he is saying this:

How many people are going to be running 2wd stadium trucks? Guys, I know some people were talking about it. Would they have to be 17.5 motors or what because I'm still searching for something to buy for the kid? I am kind of thinking about buying the Losi SCT or the TLR-22 if the Stadium truck/10th Buggy class is going to be big this year. They make both of these cars with a 13.5 motors RTR. Is a 13.5 motor faster or slower then a 17.5 motor?

I don't make the rules and I'm not a "motor turn speed guy" but I think it's fair to assume if there is enough guys wanting to run 10th scale they will make a class?.?..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.