Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Real Illinois RC Racers Club at H2 Speedway >

Real Illinois RC Racers Club at H2 Speedway

Real Illinois RC Racers Club at H2 Speedway

Old 03-30-2011, 06:56 PM
  #1  
Tech Apprentice
Thread Starter
 
kingd1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Round Lake Beach, Illinois
Posts: 69
Post Real Illinois RC Racers Club at H2 Speedway

Real Illinois RC Racers Club is proud to announce their first race of 2011:

Location: H2 Speedway
1911 W. Fernview Ln
Holiday Hills, Il 60050

When:Sunday May 1st

Practice from 9-10:30am
Drivers Meeting at 10:30am
Racing starts at 11:00am

For scoring and timing, we will be utilizing AMB rc3 system that accepts personal transponders (AMB rc-3, AMB rc-4, and MRT)

A limited amount of house transponders will also be available.

For more details, please visit www.realilrcracers.com , and become a forum and club member.

See you at the Race!!

Last edited by kingd1969; 05-13-2012 at 07:04 PM. Reason: change of track location
kingd1969 is offline  
Old 03-31-2011, 07:18 AM
  #2  
Tech Elite
 
chicagokenji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,210
Default

Two quick questions:

Can the public come and practice on the track?

Can the public come and just show up to race or is the facility and racing program a members only facility?
chicagokenji is offline  
Old 03-31-2011, 08:33 AM
  #3  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (8)
 
StarrRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Youngstown, OH
Posts: 678
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

This track is located on Round Lake Beach (RLB) Park District property.

It is open for practice at any time.
Races will be held on various Saturdays by the RLB RC Club.
Check for race dates on their Web Page and Forum.
And...
Races will be held on various Sundays by the Real Illinois RC Racers Club.
Check for race dates on their Web Page and Forum.

Any and All persons are welcome to come and run on the track.
Membership to one of the Clubs is not required, however being
a member does have benefits.
See the individual club sites for Member Benefits.
StarrRacing is offline  
Old 03-31-2011, 08:50 AM
  #4  
Tech Apprentice
Thread Starter
 
kingd1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Round Lake Beach, Illinois
Posts: 69
Default

Originally Posted by chicagokenji View Post
Two quick questions:

Can the public come and practice on the track?

Can the public come and just show up to race or is the facility and racing program a members only facility?
The track is located on park district property, and is open for public use for free from sunrise to sunset daily. (there is a map of the location on our forum http://realilrcracers.com/modules/ne...p?storytopic=4 )

Real Illinois RC Racers Club will be holding races on Sundays, with a full schedule for 2011 to be posted soon. It is not necessary to be a club member to race, but membership pays for itself with discounted racing fees and discounts at local hobby shops.

Please visit our forum at www.realilrcracers.com and register for the forum for additional details.

Hope to see you racing!
kingd1969 is offline  
Old 03-31-2011, 08:52 AM
  #5  
Tech Apprentice
Thread Starter
 
kingd1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Round Lake Beach, Illinois
Posts: 69
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by StarrRacing View Post
This track is located on Round Lake Beach (RLB) Park District property.

It is open for practice at any time.
Races will be held on various Saturdays by the RLB RC Club.
Check for race dates on their Web Page and Forum.
And...
Races will be held on various Sundays by the Real Illinois RC Racers Club.
Check for race dates on their Web Page and Forum.

Any and All persons are welcome to come and run on the track.
Membership to one of the Clubs is not required, however being
a member does have benefits.
See the individual club sites for Member Benefits.
Thanks, Jeff, you beat me to it
kingd1969 is offline  
Old 03-31-2011, 08:56 AM
  #6  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (8)
 
StarrRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Youngstown, OH
Posts: 678
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

No Prob.... just trying to help.
StarrRacing is offline  
Old 03-31-2011, 04:00 PM
  #7  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 610
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Sounds interesting, I would like to come out and race with you guys...

Ill be running stock sct, is there any tire regulations regarding this class?? Or is is open tire?

Thanks
NPETRO is offline  
Old 03-31-2011, 05:42 PM
  #8  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 52
Default

Originally Posted by NPETRO View Post
Sounds interesting, I would like to come out and race with you guys...

Ill be running stock sct, is there any tire regulations regarding this class?? Or is is open tire?

Thanks

We are expecting SCT to be HUGE this year, bigger then last.

Right now there is a POLL in the club members section on what tire will be allowed other then what comes stock.

calibers
revolvers
city blocks
subcultures
bow ties
snipers
orijen is offline  
Old 03-31-2011, 05:45 PM
  #9  
Tech Elite
 
chicagokenji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,210
Default

Originally Posted by orijen View Post
Right now there is a POLL in the club members section
When it's all worked out let us know here on rctech. Thanks.
chicagokenji is offline  
Old 03-31-2011, 05:48 PM
  #10  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 52
Default

Originally Posted by chicagokenji View Post
When it's all worked out let us know here on rctech. Thanks.
You bet! I'm kind of excited to see what happens myself and I don't even run SCT
orijen is offline  
Old 04-01-2011, 08:14 PM
  #11  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Wauconda, Illinois
Posts: 642
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

kingd1969
you have a PM
Bob Oaks
bob o is offline  
Old 04-05-2011, 06:19 AM
  #12  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 52
Default Update!

We have purchased a new Gas Trash Pump. We will be pumping water on the track as needed to keep the track in high bite.

Sign up and become a Club Member if you have not yet and take advantage of the race day savings and the Hobby shop discounts! We have 5 Hobby Shops involved with the discounts!

See you all soon!

www.realilrcracers.com
orijen is offline  
Old 04-05-2011, 08:42 AM
  #13  
Tech Elite
 
chicagokenji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,210
Default

Originally Posted by orijen View Post
is it just me but when I quickly glance at the URL my mind goes to little people with radios in their hands racing rc cars?
chicagokenji is offline  
Old 04-05-2011, 08:54 AM
  #14  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Winthrop harbor
Posts: 2,296
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by chicagokenji View Post
is it just me but when I quickly glance at the URL my mind goes to little people with radios in their hands racing rc cars?
, always finding the humor
ercwhtsd is offline  
Old 04-06-2011, 04:36 AM
  #15  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 52
Default

Originally Posted by chicagokenji View Post
is it just me but when I quickly glance at the URL my mind goes to little people with radios in their hands racing rc cars?
Ahh, a comedian! I get it though, (real lil rc racers) ... I'll have to make sure you get the mic in-between heats to get us rolling
orijen is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.