Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Cheese City Xtreme RC  carpet 08-09 >

Cheese City Xtreme RC carpet 08-09

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cheese City Xtreme RC carpet 08-09

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I got a new car because the price was way too good to pass up. New BL esc cuz I burnt up the Cyclone.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I will be looking for the ss motor as long as my 8.5 survives this weekend. I hope the motor didn't hurt both my speedo's.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:03 PM
Tech Addict

Seen a nice Tamiya mo3m for sale on ebay. It's the pink one, check it out.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

I don't feel sorry for any of you now that my son is racing. Two of everything now. If I buy a set of tires he wants a new set too. If I get a Hara Edition VSpec he wants one too. Instead of buying one 8ight 2.0 I've got to buy two. I can't wait for my second son to start racing now.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Heck at least you guys HAVE a sedan class.... I wish our club did...
Old 12-11-2008, 01:08 AM
vr6
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

i say bring back bolink legends and sprint car. that was the spec "cheap class" back in the day.

it's funny how the topic of money came up tonight about sedan. just tonight at work, i was reading some of my old rc car mags and a few guys that i work with were asking questions about the "real"(sedan) looking cars. i was telling them that you can make r/c racing as cheap as you want or go "all in" if you want.

i started showing them prices on a-main site, i was shocked to see how much sedan kits are, lipo racing packs, brushless esc/motors are.

i continued to say that it can be cheap, but i felt under my breath like a liar. plus the cost of a decent radio, charger, tires and etc. stuff.

basically the next question i got from them was "how much do u make an hour"

-jason- have you told tom about the burnt up esc yet
Old 12-11-2008, 03:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

cory
go to novak site and look at rmf,,,,,,,,, i got gtb and 6.5 motor for 150. two month ago.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:45 AM
Tech Addict

All I need to get is the motor for now
Old 12-11-2008, 06:49 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

see for me it is cheep, i had everything but the lipo batterys....

NO RACING IS CHEAP, if you have to go buy everything new and start....

i wouldnt be racing either if i had to buy a battery, charger, radio, spare parts, a kit etc......

and if a guy thinks a sedan is xpensive, try running a 8th scale.....i spend a ton more on those.....plus all the weekly maintenance to keep the car in good running order

there is however ways to go cheap, do i need to 600 dollar cyclone, when the cyclone s is a great car, for 175???? no.....do i need to buy the 35 c battery when i have a 25 c, no,

the fact is there are plenty of used cars out there, that would be great....there are some new cars that offer greater value than others....

the fact is i enjoy the laid back racing and the saturday afternoon, eavning races at monroe....it is relaxing for me, and i enjoy everyones company....

i try and help those who ask and simply have fun.....because that is what it is all about.....
Old 12-11-2008, 07:15 AM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mr. losi
see for me it is cheep, i had everything but the lipo batterys....

NO RACING IS CHEAP, if you have to go buy everything new and start....

i wouldnt be racing either if i had to buy a battery, charger, radio, spare parts, a kit etc......

and if a guy thinks a sedan is xpensive, try running a 8th scale.....i spend a ton more on those.....plus all the weekly maintenance to keep the car in good running order

there is however ways to go cheap, do i need to 600 dollar cyclone, when the cyclone s is a great car, for 175???? no.....do i need to buy the 35 c battery when i have a 25 c, no,

the fact is there are plenty of used cars out there, that would be great....there are some new cars that offer greater value than others....

the fact is i enjoy the laid back racing and the saturday afternoon, eavning races at monroe....it is relaxing for me, and i enjoy everyones company....

i try and help those who ask and simply have fun.....because that is what it is all about.....

I just went through all that to get back in... The cost to get in the door and not be frustrated every day or question your gear every time you race is pretty tall. To get back into 1/12th with an existing chassis (and that was all I had) was pretty staggering. Buying a brushless setup, new radio (nothing fancy but a 2.4ghz), charger, batteries, etc... cost a pretty penny. Far more than I think most people can afford in this economy where more people are focused on just buying food than paying their mortgage.

As Matt said - there is no cheap racing. This is R/C racing... There is an expected minimum price of admission. There are cheaper classes, but in perspective -the general public doesnt get spending upwards of $500 - $1000 to race a toy car competitively (Chassis, Tires, electronics, radio, charger, batteries, etc... easily crests $500 no matter what class you want to get into and actually race competitively).

It's competition and competition that requires a certain standard of gear to compete. I dont care if you are the best drive on the planet, if you have some burnt out sock motor that barely works that you got our of the bargain bin for $5.00... you will not be the guy to beat. Performance costs... some older setups are better than others, and old stuff takes more time to maintain. I dont know that many people with tons of free time AND the money to get into R/C.

Just my .02$

The real reason I came into this thread is to see if you guys were getting any 1/12th turnout down there?
Old 12-11-2008, 11:00 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

joe

no 12th....

and you are correct on your points, i do think it is cheaper to race today than it was 5 years ago, once you have the equipt.....

for example, i am going to the novak race this year, it will cost me room and food, possibly a extra set of tires....

prior to brushless lipo, rubber tire, i would buy
at least 2 battery packs,
a motor per class(stock and or 19 turn)
a set of foams per round(usable for club racing after the race)
and a set of brushes per race.....

this year will be way cheaper....

the key for me is to have fun.....i am enjoying seeing the guys i am helping get faster, nino, chris,(i know he listens over the table)
andy is going to be a force.....we will have some competitive races..and a fun time doing it...
Old 12-11-2008, 11:16 AM
Tech Regular

Matt you better not talk to loud...I don't want Chris hearing all of the secrets I was eavesdropping in on Carmelo all day on Sunday as he was giving advice to his son Keanu. I did overhear him say "keep it floored all the way around the track and do not lift in the corners"

Seriously, thanks to all the guys who have gave me a hand with my gear. Some of you are not only good drivers but also good teachers. I know that makes my racing more enjoyable.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:32 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 35 (91%+)

hey nino hope ur ready for sat.i plain on racn my tc with u guys.got me a speed passion speed control caint wait to test it out
Old 12-11-2008, 11:33 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 35 (91%+)

promise i wont beat u to bad
Old 12-11-2008, 11:53 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mr. losi
joe

no 12th....

and you are correct on your points, i do think it is cheaper to race today than it was 5 years ago, once you have the equipt.....

for example, i am going to the novak race this year, it will cost me room and food, possibly a extra set of tires....

prior to brushless lipo, rubber tire, i would buy
at least 2 battery packs,
a motor per class(stock and or 19 turn)
a set of foams per round(usable for club racing after the race)
and a set of brushes per race.....

this year will be way cheaper....

the key for me is to have fun.....i am enjoying seeing the guys i am helping get faster, nino, chris,(i know he listens over the table)
andy is going to be a force.....we will have some competitive races..and a fun time doing it...
I don't know who you are but when Matt Miller finds out you've been posting under his screen name there will be hell to pay. Everyone knows that Matt strongly opposes Lipo and brushless.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.