Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Cheese City Xtreme RC  carpet 08-09 >

Cheese City Xtreme RC carpet 08-09

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cheese City Xtreme RC carpet 08-09

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 12:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I won't be racing with you guys this weekend ...

Will we be racing the 20th and 27th? I assume yes on the 20th ... I guess my real question is the 27th?
Old 12-10-2008, 01:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ILDRVR
Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions for a spec on-road class to get more drivers involved in our on-road program? Something that would be cheap to start up and maintain. Possibly maybe even a sportsman level of tc that runs 17.5/27 turns??

Throw out some ideas and spread the word.

Thanks
Nino,
I've got nothing against onroad, and in a way would like to run onroad, but I don't. For me (a chronically sportman-ish driver) there are two big reasons. Maybe others have the same reasons, maybe not:

1) I don't want to spend my whole Saturday racing. Coming from Freeport, I leave the house at 9:15am and get home (thanks to the great job Andy does running the program) at about 3:30pm. That's a good day of racing for me - not too short, not too long, just right. So, if I ran onroad, I would have to decide not to run trucks. BUT, if onroad ran once or twice a month on Tuesday or Thursday or maybe even Friday nights, that I might try.

2) The PVC pipes at Cheese City are fine for trucks, but are down right evil for touring cars. Touring cars are about precision, and sometimes you are going to cut a corner too close. If the corners are "flappers" that's not an issue, but if they are hard PVC it usually means repairs. So, for me, driving touring cars on a track with hard PVC pipe corners is a recipe for frustration (I know - get better and don't hit the corners).

As someone else mentioned, a brushless lipo Trans Am class would be relatively cheap and the car bodies look cool. Maybe have a Trans Am class every other Thursday night and see what kind of turn out you get.

my 2 cents
Old 12-10-2008, 05:13 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

i have not had any problems with the pipes at the track...

i think the class needs to be run on saturday
Old 12-10-2008, 05:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

From Novak-- The motors that come with the XBR Brushless System are not built for racing. you need to change the rotor and end bell. Funny that they don't put that on the box.

I think that sedan is small because a guy has to drop more than just a couple a bills to be competitive. It is not a cheap class like trucks are.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:17 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

The XBR came with a motor that was essentially the 4300/5800 motor with the bonded rotor but if I recall they did already have the oversize front bearing. If more power was needed you could go to the sintered rotor (good for more torque). The Havoc system coming out will come with SS motors, just like the GTB. The speed control will handle down to an 8.5 but it seems the carpet racers are going just fine with 17.5's and 13.5's so that shouldn't be an issue. The system should retail for $150. Pretty reasonable.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racin 1
I think that sedan is small because a guy has to drop more than just a couple a bills to be competitive. It is not a cheap class like trucks are.
I'm running a 7-8 year old car with a Cyclone ESC and seem to be competitive with it. The person makes the class expensive, not the class.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:22 PM
Administrator

From Novak-- The motors that come with the XBR Brushless System are not built for racing. you need to change the rotor and end bell. Funny that they don't put that on the box.

i am not sure i understand, the only thing that is more expensive about sedan at monroe is the price of the kit.....

you still need the same brushless and esc in truck as you do in sedan....

the lipo is the same price, the tires i would guess are a wash also, and in fact the rubber may be cheaper, as you dont chunk the rubber....

there had to be a reason the xbr was a cheaper system, it was a given it wasnt the same as the gtb ss system...
Old 12-10-2008, 06:23 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the replies...I agree that to be competitive in the 13.5/19 turn class that we currently run you need two things:
1. Good driving ability
2. Good equipment that you are willing to spend time to setup and work with

That is why I am asking for an alternative class for those who lack in one of the above categories (or who just want to go have fun and not have to work on their cars for every race weekend)

I also think that we are going to begin a "Sportsman" tc class. We already have a couple of drivers who might be interested. I began in a "spec tc3/tc4" class where there were controlled rules to allow for cheep close competition. It was not intended to be a money war.

You all know that I am not the fastest guy on the track, but the more I learn about setup and driving the more competitive I become. The TC crew that we have are a great group of guys that help eachother with set-ups and driving tips.

As far as tc racing on a week night...I do not see that happening right now. I understand not wanting to spend the entire day racing at the track. I myself have parked my truck for a few weeks to concentrate more on my tc. (My truck is only 2-wheel drive so it kinda sucks in the snow)

Closing remarks: If anyone is considering trying out a sedan/tc please stop by this Saturday between 5-8 to check out some close ecxiting racing action.

Wow! this was a really long post
Old 12-10-2008, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

hey nino
Old 12-10-2008, 06:47 PM
Tech Regular

umm...yeah whats up Rick?
Old 12-10-2008, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

i had a good time at trackside i`m watching liverc at rcp 8 min main we should do this monroe

Last edited by gone banana; 12-11-2008 at 03:10 AM.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:54 PM
Tech Regular

RCP has started running some of their onroad classes at 8 min. The 13.5/19 has moved up to 6 min heats and mains. It was tough getting used to the extra minute of intense driving.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jason
I'm running a 7-8 year old car with a Cyclone ESC and seem to be competitive with it..
So why did you get the new car with the new brushless.

Yes, there is a big differance in $ for the kits. I think that prices on this stuff is getting insane unless you buy used all the time and hope it's not junk. It's hard to blow 4-500 bucks on a good car kit.

On the motor Matt, I'm just still pissed that, that was the answer I got from Charlie at Novak. I now that there not the same system. What people don't now is that it not made for racing. If you can't race it, what good is it? And why not put it on the box so people know. If I had known I would have waited a little long to get the better one. Why would that speedo take down to an 8.5 if you can't race it He gave me no help as to why it might have gottin hot. I was at least hopping for that. Just frustrated i guess. But good to get it out.

Last edited by Racin 1; 12-10-2008 at 07:37 PM.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

SOOOOO much TENSION!!!!!!

Brushless is nice, dont skimp. If you got a brushed motor you wouldn't skimp. Like Jaysun has proven, the car/power dont matter. Just drive the sucker.

I will be there on Saturday... my poor truck done did broked a part up there in madison a couple weeks ago. Santa Clause is bringing me a fancy aluminum piece so I'm not sure if I'll fix it or not. We'll see...
Old 12-10-2008, 07:36 PM
Administrator

So why did you get the new car with the new brushless.

Yes, there is a big differance in $ for the kits. I think that prices on this stuff is getting insane unless you buy used all the time and hope it's not junk. It's hard to blow 4-500 bucks on a good car kit.

On the motor Matt, I'm just still pissed that, that was the answer I got from Charlie at Novak. If you can't race it, what good is it? And why would that speedo take down to an 8.5 He gave me no help as to why it might have gottin hot. I was at least hopping for that.
cory, in no way did i mean to insult you, i dont think the esc was your problem, it was the motor right....

as for why jason got a new car, it was cause he wanted one.....he was still keeping up with everyone on the track with the crap he was running......witch included the xbr motot the week before....i dont think it was all that hot either..

get a nice ss motor and be happy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.