R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Wisconsin & Illinois Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsin-illinois-racing-11/)
-   -   Extreme Off Road R/C in Beaver Dam, Wi (https://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsin-illinois-racing/110698-extreme-off-road-r-c-beaver-dam-wi.html)

chrisf608 01-09-2007 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Jackyl
Either way chris, whatever you get as long as it's a monster truck. The Truggy class or Unlimited monster truck class is really going to be the hotest class this summer for racing.

And I'm sure that just like last summer watching the racing is just as fun as racing in it.

Or you could buy a T4 or XXX-T and race in the 1/10th stadium trucks. Electric is cooler than Nitro anyways :D

Its looking like Im gona be running a Savage X SS Modded

redneckracer197 01-09-2007 02:26 PM

Let me Know Chris is you do I have some info that might help you with setup and handling on the Savage.

redneckracer197 01-09-2007 02:28 PM

Dan for you designing it it didn't hold up to well for you. :nod:

rcracenut 01-09-2007 03:54 PM

Chuck do you have any plans of having an actual points season with either trophies, plaques or a large sum of dead presidents?

Yes I plan on running a points season. Not sure yet as to the winnings. I will announce the plan as we get closer to the start. JUMPS? You havent been there since we upped the jumps have you? ALL the jumps were made bigger in August. The tripples were replaced with a table top. The valley of death got jacked up more so a monster truck can probly land close to the corner if it powers up good. The layout will be different this year to mix it up more. I also plan on an elevation corner. I think youll like it. Chuck

bobmazda6 01-09-2007 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by rcracenut
Theres been some interest shown to me lately on starting a club out of Beaver Dam.

I remember back in the day (late 80's early 90's) there was a club in Beaver Dam. I don't recall what the name was?

chrisf608 01-09-2007 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by redneckracer197
Let me Know Chris is you do I have some info that might help you with setup and handling on the Savage.

Yeah actually I have it on the way. Im not really to impressed with anything traxxas no offense to anyone that has them. I had two t-maxx's and I ended up selling them. The Mgt is pretty cool, same with the Losi Muggy I heard thats a good racer too.. But I always wanted to get a savage to race it.

rcracenut 01-10-2007 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by bobmazda6
I remember back in the day (late 80's early 90's) there was a club in Beaver Dam. I don't recall what the name was?

I think your thinking of the Radio Flyers. Its still going and they are an airplane club.

redneckracer197 01-11-2007 06:35 AM

Well I will be running truggy and electric stadium truck. I will be a slow stadium truck as I only have a Novak SS 4300 going in it though.

Red Z 01-11-2007 11:37 AM

By a speed definition then I'll be slow as I'm not running a brushless motor!

Zac R 01-11-2007 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Red Z
By a speed definition then I'll be slow as I'm not running a brushless motor!

naw... .....

i will probally stop out some time this year and show you guys how great brushed motors work :sneaky:

redneckracer197 01-11-2007 09:46 PM

Yeah brushed motors work great when you have the time and tools to keep them tuned up. I don't have the time or the tolls to cut the comms and things like that.

chrisf608 01-12-2007 07:40 AM

Just save your self the hassel run Nitro it has sound! lol :sneaky:

Jackyl 01-12-2007 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Zac R
naw... .....

i will probally stop out some time this year and show you guys how great brushed motors work :sneaky:

By the time the track opens I should have a 3.5R with the Sintered Rotor attached to my GTB powered by either 3200mah or 4800mah LiPo power. And last year I didn't put any time on the track and my truck was very dialed, I'll have time onthe track this year :D

I happy to see more stadiums, but if your gunnin' for the top position you better bring a bigger gun :D :tire:

Chuck, that sounds great! I didn't know those were imrpoved, just put some nice high banks on those corners so they can be used to slinshot away from and that truck is going to be my #1 spot for this year and probably alot of other people.

It's going to be a truggy dominated track this year anyways :D :sneaky:

Zac R 01-12-2007 10:16 AM

By the time the track opens I should have a 3.5R with the Sintered Rotor attached to my GTB powered by either 3200mah or 4800mah LiPo power. And last year I didn't put any time on the track and my truck was very dialed, I'll have time onthe track this year :D

I happy to see more stadiums, but if your gunnin' for the top position you better bring a bigger gun :D :tire:

Chuck, that sounds great! I didn't know those were imrpoved, just put some nice high banks on those corners so they can be used to slinshot away from and that truck is going to be my #1 spot for this year and probably alot of other people.

It's going to be a truggy dominated track this year anyways :D :sneaky:

WHY WOULD YOU EVER BUY A 3.5 BRUSHLESS????? THERE ARE GUYS IN MADSION WITH THEM AND THEY CANT KEEP THE WHEELS ON THE GROUND OR DRIVE THEM BECAUSE THERE TO MUCH POWER... EVEN TURNED ON DOWN ON THERE RADIO TO 70-85% ....THERE TRACK IS EVEN A HIGH BITE TRACK IN MADISON WHERE YOU RUN SLIK TIRES.WHERE ARE YOU EVEN GOING TO BEABLE TO USE IT ON A SLIPPERY OUT DOOR TRACK?????? WELL DOWN THE STRAIGHT YOU PROBALLY CAN....YOUR GOING TO HAVE ALL KINDS OF WHEEL SPIN AND A LIPO ISNT GOING TO HELP EITHER.LIPO PACK ARE LIGHTER AND YOU DONT WANT THAT....MOST ON THE 1/10 BUGGYS AND TRUCKS YOU ADD WIEGHT TO THEM TO MAKE THEM HANDLE BETTER...

JUST MY THOUGHT....

Red Z 01-12-2007 11:40 AM

Hey Zac...

Yea I know you know what you're doing with a brushed motor. I still remember a few things, and have the 'bowling trophies' to prove it. You gonna race here this summer?