R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Wisconsin & Illinois Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsin-illinois-racing-11/)
-   -   Extreme Off Road R/C in Beaver Dam, Wi (https://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsin-illinois-racing/110698-extreme-off-road-r-c-beaver-dam-wi.html)

Red Z 02-25-2007 08:05 AM

If I'm reading this right the 1/10th class (electric) has mostly racers using brushless motors, correct? Guess I better find mine...

krazzykoala 02-25-2007 06:14 PM

Chris,
How exactly do I go about lowering the shocks 1 inch? I'm a bit unfamiliar with the truck.

Thanks
:nod:

Jackyl 02-25-2007 07:58 PM

Take some fuel tube, cut 8x peices that are 1" long (could get away with only 4x as most racers only use 4x shocks) then take your shocks apart and put the fuel tubing on the shock shaft before you put it into the shock body. This will internally limit your shocks to 1".

If your buddy wants to take it to the next level click on vengeance down below :sneaky:

redneckracer197 02-25-2007 10:06 PM

I wouldn't go that route. With my Savage I always just set my ride height so that the arms were level and it handles good that way. I never put internal limiters in it and it work awesome on thrack. now if the guy driving it could ever figure out how to drive. :lol:

krazzykoala 02-26-2007 02:07 PM

I use the fuel tube idea on my mgt so think we will start with that any other ideas on making the savage raceworthy?

redneckracer197 02-26-2007 04:38 PM

Which TVP's do you have on the Savage? Early Savage's came with a servo mounted servo saver get the updated one if you have that. There is a throttle linkage mod also that makes it work alot better. Do you have the 4 gear diffs in it? That is another thing for durability. There are some other tweaks and things like that you can do with a dremel for steering. I have a battery relocation bracket with the battery box that helps.

krazzykoala 02-26-2007 06:34 PM

I am not sure what kind of TVP's he has in there bc I haven't really looked at it yet. I will let you know when I do. It should be wednesday when I do. what about the lowered center of gravity chassis. Is that something that worth looking into and what about the stock shocks? Are they pretty durable or just go with aluminum ones? Thanks for all your help!! Can't wait to race in the dirt!!

redneckracer197 02-26-2007 08:00 PM

Stock shocks are tough. Lowered TVP's make a hugs difference in the handling. My Savage had the HPI black springs with the arms level and a set of Vertigo Performance LCG TVP's and it handled great. I also bashed it pretty hard sometimes and it would take the abuse. One mod to make it turn better is to shave the c hubs and knuckles. BTW which version Savage is it?

chrisf608 02-26-2007 08:02 PM

The stock tvp's are good enough to race with I think. thats what Im going to be running with. The 40 series Bowties and 23mm hubs with the shock mod a good engine and clutch set up is all your really gona need.

krazzykoala 02-27-2007 07:59 PM

I am pretty sure that the version that he has is either the 4.6 or the SS. I will hopefully find out tomorrow exactly what he has. I am giving him a set of my old 23 mm bowties so he just has to get the adapters. Sounds like we should have quite a few trucks there this summer, who is all coming and with what?

redneckracer197 02-27-2007 08:30 PM

I will be out there a few times with a LSP and a T4. Jackly I think will also be out there with me with a LSP and T4.

chrisf608 02-27-2007 08:36 PM

I "Plan" to be a regular with my new Savage X SS obviously. :sneaky:

rcracenut 02-28-2007 04:25 AM

I will be a regular too :lol: with two MGTs and a 1/10th scale. Nick told me hes planning on it too. Also Andy said he has a friend that is planning on getting in on the racing this year.
6 weeks if the weather cooperates. Mark ,did you find a Losi or Assoc yet?

Red Z 02-28-2007 08:56 AM

Chuck will I be better off with a brushless or brushed motor, competition-wise, in the 1/10th electric class? Can that track be run with the B4? It's still 'fizz-bomb' red.

team orange 02-28-2007 10:10 AM

If I had a brushless motor I would run that just because its one less thing to maintain and worry about. Brushed or brushless, its all about the gearing.