Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MADERA R/C RACEWAY OFFICIAL THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 09:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey guys I talk to T.J. Smith and Carl Davis they are going to come out and race this Friday So more rookies that is cool I hope to see the crew there and maybe team LST will finish a race Team Savage So far Savage is 4-0 DAM
Old 09-25-2005, 10:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Im thinking we need to move up the Revos to pro once this points series is over those guys are running good and fast.
Old 09-26-2005, 12:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

YEAH AND CAN WE MOVE ME TO ROOKIE.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

yes Chris/Brain will more then likely get move up they are good drives and hell if the Pro's can't keep the trucks running then at least we can watch them drive
Old 09-26-2005, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (95%+)

what up,

well just got back after a long weekend of racing,its fun running all weekend but tiring.

the buggy just broke the front arm so it will survive

the lst is still on the shelf,as of now i dont know what i will do with it

tulare was cool,we had 15 people show up as well as chris and brian to pit for us.
billy was third fastest,the meatpuppet was fifth they both made the A main

i missed the B by a tenth of a second so i ended up in the C the race director decided to do a bump up for the C to the B.

i think at the end i had 80 laps and second had 72 but man was it fun running 30min the OS came in at 210 after 30min and my first pit i died and i thought i ran out of gas so i pitted around 4min turns out the idle was to low,i still had over half a tank at 4min so i could have gone 10 easy

traction was terrible it was like running on ice,they used root beer and it didnt work..at all,i ended up not running the B it was late and i was tired so we jammed id like to thank brian for pitting me also.

billy had a bad main,he was fast and the motor seemed to be running great he started the main and on the first round of pits the car died kenny fooled with it for a couple min when billy went over he temped it and it was 238 so hes pretty sure he finally did the motor in

kevin looked good for not having picked up a controller in almost 2 months,he ran well in the qualifiers and the car developed a dying problem it died at the start and coming on to the straight so he just yanked it

all in all good times this weekend,hope to see you guys this fri. if the rain doesnt stop
Old 09-26-2005, 09:57 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stevenmichael
the lst is still on the shelf,as of now i dont know what i will do with it :
Humm...Get a Savage or Revo..my pick..
Old 09-26-2005, 10:15 AM
Tech Regular

what up,

well just got back after a long weekend of racing,its fun running all weekend but tiring.

the buggy just broke the front arm so it will survive

the lst is still on the shelf,as of now i dont know what i will do with it

tulare was cool,we had 15 people show up as well as chris and brian to pit for us.
billy was third fastest,the meatpuppet was fifth they both made the A main

i missed the B by a tenth of a second so i ended up in the C the race director decided to do a bump up for the C to the B.

i think at the end i had 80 laps and second had 72 but man was it fun running 30min the OS came in at 210 after 30min and my first pit i died and i thought i ran out of gas so i pitted around 4min turns out the idle was to low,i still had over half a tank at 4min so i could have gone 10 easy

traction was terrible it was like running on ice,they used root beer and it didnt work..at all,i ended up not running the B it was late and i was tired so we jammed id like to thank brian for pitting me also.

billy had a bad main,he was fast and the motor seemed to be running great he started the main and on the first round of pits the car died kenny fooled with it for a couple min when billy went over he temped it and it was 238 so hes pretty sure he finally did the motor in

kevin looked good for not having picked up a controller in almost 2 months,he ran well in the qualifiers and the car developed a dying problem it died at the start and coming on to the straight so he just yanked it

all in all good times this weekend,hope to see you guys this fri. if the rain doesnt stop

Nice bro sounds like it was a good time. Im glad meatpuppet did well i bet hes happy to have a rc controller in his hand other than his little man stick controller. So it was a rootbeer drift competition out there huh? LOL

30min main how was that did it give you more time to get into a grove and drive better?? Im wondering how a 30min main will go but i will find out on Sunday.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bone$
Nice bro sounds like it was a good time. Im glad meatpuppet did well i bet hes happy to have a rc controller in his hand other than his little man stick controller. So it was a rootbeer drift competition out there huh? LOL

30min main how was that did it give you more time to get into a grove and drive better?? Im wondering how a 30min main will go but i will find out on Sunday.
sunday was fun anyway

at first it seems like it is going to take forever then the next thing i know he's calling the last five min. of the race.

it was alot quicker than i thought,the key is to stay on the lead lap and not wreck if you guys are going up there make sure your shit is ready to drop on the track and get as much practice as possible,if you find yourself sitting around drop it on the track again the key is knowing the track and being there at the end.

pace yourself,practice and fuel consumption will be key take a stop watch and find out how long you can go on a tank of gas push as hard as you can to see how much fuel it will use and compare that to the lap times to see how far you can push it.
Old 09-26-2005, 12:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Bone$ let put a practice blind fold together..Lets practice WED & Thur my house ...or maybe thur out at the race track ...need to ask nick ...
Old 09-26-2005, 01:02 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Slip sliding away..
Old 09-26-2005, 02:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BIGG BALLS
Hey Bone$ let put a practice blind fold together..Lets practice WED & Thur my house ...or maybe thur out at the race track ...need to ask nick ...
did we hear anything on the conference call yet?

when we were out at the track sat. brian and chris's(the revo bros.) dad was there he did the old oval track at cycle art said he mixed soap in the dirt to make it pack in.

he also said he can get a transfer of dirt delivered for around 100.00 a load and he has access to a tractor with a 6 foot blade on it.

ruben said he's in for the elec.

we just need to get the agreement worked out on how we are going to present it to john then we can start working on the track.

brent,give me a call we can either do it over the phone one on one or do a conference call its your choice either way lmk.

steven
Old 09-26-2005, 03:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MaxxBashers
I am looking at a couple different buggies and trying to decide which MT to run this time. Truggy's running seperately or are they packed in with the MT class?

Anyone? I want to know if the truggy's are ran in a seperate class where you guys are running? I am shopping for a MT to run, but will get a truggy if they are ran in the same class.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:44 PM
Tech Regular

Anyone? I want to know if the truggy's are ran in a seperate class where you guys are running? I am shopping for a MT to run, but will get a truggy if they are ran in the same class.

Hey Maxx we had a few guys from porterville come up and race and they had Hot Bodies LSPs we put them in with the buggies but most tracks are running a truggy class by itself. If we had a few more truggies we would have ran a seperate class also.

If i were you i would get a MT i know the class is huge for that im not sure how big the truggies are around here yet im sure it will grow soon i know i want one (Hellfire) and a few guys i was talking to at the track want them also. Soon we will have a class.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:56 PM
Tech Elite

this was brought up at the race sat. the guy's there know my feelings on it,personally they should not run with buggies or mt's.

after seeing how they drove i dont think it would have mattered where we put them
but that was not the point they have an unfair advantage over both mt's and buggies.

i hope we get enough for a class because they look cool and they fly forever but right now we don't have enough for a class.

there was only one guy who had a truggy and he quit coming out to the track because it was to hard to make the jump
Old 09-26-2005, 03:58 PM
Tech Regular

did we hear anything on the conference call yet?

when we were out at the track sat. brian and chris's(the revo bros.) dad was there he did the old oval track at cycle art said he mixed soap in the dirt to make it pack in.

he also said he can get a transfer of dirt delivered for around 100.00 a load and he has access to a tractor with a 6 foot blade on it.

ruben said he's in for the elec.

we just need to get the agreement worked out on how we are going to present it to john then we can start working on the track.

brent,give me a call we can either do it over the phone one on one or do a conference call its your choice either way lmk.

steven

I know BB is working on setting up the conference call tonight im not sure if its going to happen but we need to get this rocking everything is going our way we need to start moving on things to start showing stability to the racers. The porterville track is even hurting. Ron one of the guys from there said that the owner of their track closed the hobby shop and bought a Tranny shop and has not been taking care of there track so he told me if we run a few Sat day races that they would come.

Dude $100 for dirt lets do it with memberships we can get a few loads what kind of soap like dish soap????might need to make a CostCo run LOL OMG thats freaking great lets do it lets do it lets do it lets do it.

Big Balls get that Conference set up!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.