Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GO FAST RCRACEWAY!!! In Batavia

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 02:20 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Loktar
Yes a local track did exceed max occupancy in the building and drivers stand these are there for the safety of both drivers and spectators again this is only my opinion but the building laws state different ALL buildings and structures have a max occupancy
Not as concerned with the past on this subject, Im much more concerned about the present and future. I will be keeping a close eye on this & do more research. I know of One track where just in the last few months a 6 year old Boy fell face first off a racers stand that had no spindles to stop him from doing so...absolutely unacceptable and a disgusting lack of dillegence & respect for the safety of children.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:36 PM
Tech Rookie

I went to a swap meet at a track and watched a kid slip under the rail of the driver stand while practicing luckily he was not hurt, this track also had no county approved occupancy certificate if it had maybe the stand would of not been able to let the kid slip through
Old 01-10-2013, 04:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I don't need the government to tell me wether a place is safe for me or my children. I use common sense. Even though I never races at rockfield I have seen Cecil and Tom both make announcements concerning safety and also seen them both say things to kids in an effort to keep them safe. Neither one of them seemed like they were worried about repercussions but did it because they were worried about that child's well being. At some point the parents have to be held responsible. The track owners should be left to run races and take care of customers not babysit your kids.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:56 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mug 57
I don't need the government to tell me wether a place is safe for me or my children. I use common sense. Even though I never races at rockfield I have seen Cecil and Tom both make announcements concerning safety and also seen them both say things to kids in an effort to keep them safe. Neither one of them seemed like they were worried about repercussions but did it because they were worried about that child's well being. At some point the parents have to be held responsible. The track owners should be left to run races and take care of customers not babysit your kids.
I can tell you that where the child fell 5ft off the stand with no barrier was not go fast or rockfield. I agree that less government in most things business would be Fine with me, but when a track simply disregards safety or is just ignorant, reprecussions from the govt May be just what fixes that.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:24 PM
Tech Adept

Im not a racer anymore, got no friends to lose at certain tracks, so now I will lazer beam focus on business. I will not stand One more second of competing against a business that is not safe, legal, zoned & inspected, violating occupancy limits or that isnt insured and that isnt paying taxes according to their legal structure. Starting Now. Thanks to all of you for getting me inspired to do the right thing and not just mouth off, Im all about fairness now. Thank you.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:01 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've worked construction building decks the spindles shouldn't be more than 3.5" to pass code.
we never built open bottom railings more than 2' above grade. just too much of a hazard. I wouldn't go more than 3.5" if you wanted it like that.

Last edited by mtpocketsracing; 01-10-2013 at 06:13 PM.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

reading this thread is like sitting in a second grade classroom when the teacher leaves....
Old 01-13-2013, 08:39 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 2680
reading this thread is like sitting in a second grade classroom when the teacher leaves....
Ha ha ha. Yea, it has got stupid. Sorry.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:26 AM
Tech Rookie

Stupid is stupid does lol we all just need to get together and have a picnic
Old 01-14-2013, 01:24 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Loktar
Stupid is stupid does lol we all just need to get together and have a picnic
LOL!! Thats funny right there!! I am up for a pow wow anytime, but it seems like that will never happen....kinda sad really
Old 01-15-2013, 04:40 PM
Tech Rookie

LOL
Old 01-16-2013, 05:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Looking to make a trip from northwest Ohio this Saturday. Curious to see what are your "big" classes and if you run a 17.5 SCT. Will be bring 7-8 people down, and most race 2wd SCT and 4wd SCT. Was just curious about the classes and turnouts.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Yeah everybody get together for a picnic and have a group photo business owners need to realize that there's criticism in any business that's part of being a business owner wether you have a top notch facility or run you business out of your apartment/ garage all local owners are great guys its to bad everyone can not get along.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

looking for some more 17.5 blinky sct racers saturday we have a group of guys that run from up north coming to run
Old 01-18-2013, 08:36 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ach86
Looking to make a trip from northwest Ohio this Saturday. Curious to see what are your "big" classes and if you run a 17.5 SCT. Will be bring 7-8 people down, and most race 2wd SCT and 4wd SCT. Was just curious about the classes and turnouts.
Our biggest classes are E-buggy & mod 2wd sct. We have had great turnouts in the last few weeks for 4wd sct & mod buggy. I have Asked all our blinky sct racers to come out this saturday in the hopes of showing you guys a good time. Thanks, Tom Morris

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.