Wiki Posts
Search

GO FAST RCRACEWAY!!! In Batavia

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by babydaddy
I didnt know that you are one of the fast guys or above average. Im sorry for the mistake
Just Google my name (Eli Ezrow) for any information on my background in RC!

Originally Posted by SkipGear
Eli,
They are talking about club racing....which they still have some pretty lofty goals to shoot

Point well taken, just wanted to set the record straight for Cincy
Old 09-13-2012, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Google.com

Search: Eli Ezrow

Results: 1 Fast Dude!!!

Old 09-13-2012, 08:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Google search....
12 cleveland champ wins
4 roar nats titles
1 badass scar

Total equals my father lol
Old 09-13-2012, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Tom reached out to me tonight and is making good on what was advertised despite Punch It failing to deliver the products they committed. After seeing complaints from other people about Punch IT racing on these forums today It looks like they [Go Fast] was royally screwed by the company but Tom is fixing it which I applaud. No other track has ever went that far. Thanks Tom.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 128 (99%+)

Hahahaahaha Eli getting no respect, win a worlds or they will never know you Eli!!
Old 09-14-2012, 04:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

will it just be you getting a battery? seems only fair to make sure the other guys who won classes at the series races also get batteries......whats fair is fair

Last edited by Brollywood; 09-14-2012 at 04:24 AM.
Old 09-15-2012, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

What has Eli done???? Something I would have laid money on that I would have never heard someone say. Thanks butters for the stats... I just knew 4 roar nats and MANY indoor champs titles. Eli, step it up son apparently your a nobody. Lol

I can say I hate to hear the problems happening as you don't know how lucky you guys are to have good tracks in the area. My only complaint on my trip there was the $83 I spent for a full set of 1/8th buggy wheels/tires.

DC
Old 09-15-2012, 02:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Rc Buggy world wow thats going back in time!!! Tony you were like 15 back then. I was still like still 20. Those were the days. Elvis used to race there too !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-15-2012, 04:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Doug Brock
Rc Buggy world wow thats going back in time!!! Tony you were like 15 back then. I was still like still 20. Those were the days. Elvis used to race there too !!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wasn't that young. I was driving for a couple years by then. I have the first 1st place trophy they ever gave away setting on top of our entertainment center. It was one of Steve's drag race trophies and he was supposed to win it back. I learned this talking to Steve years later at Vic's funeral and offered to give it back to him.

By the way, Elvis is a ski/snowboard instructor at a ski resort outside of Vegas.
Old 09-15-2012, 05:57 PM
Tech Regular

I hold in my possession a 1986 Kyosho Turbo Optima mid that was raced at RC buggy world. At least that’s what I was told. It’s a sweet ride, that’s what turned me on to Kyosho was possessing it. No matter how much I investigate it..there is no information about that place other than a few people that raced there. I remember going there as a kid once but can’t remember specifics. I would like to see a picture
Old 09-15-2012, 06:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by babydaddy
I hold in my possession a 1986 Kyosho Turbo Optima mid that was raced at RC buggy world. At least that’s what I was told. It’s a sweet ride, that’s what turned me on to Kyosho was possessing it. No matter how much I investigate it..there is no information about that place other than a few people that raced there. I remember going there as a kid once but can’t remember specifics. I would like to see a picture
I bet I could figure out who's car that is. There were only a couple Turbo Optima Mid's ever raced there that I can remember and only one that was local, Adrian Mellilo. His mom owned Racers Choice Hobby and Raceway, where I worked at the time the car was available. It should have an undertray painted with with a couple of triangular swooshes on it. The car was never officially imported into the US. His dad worked for Pioneer and brought it back from a business trip to Japan. About the time he got that car, the Lazer ZX was showing up in the US and most people went with it instead.

Way too many RC history lessons floating around in my head.
Old 09-15-2012, 07:48 PM
Tech Regular

I don’t think this is the one you are remembering. I don’t have the name anymore of who it belonged to but I can get it. The person lived in North College hill, that I do know. It had multiple bodies but this is the only one that had decals but all the same color. The motor installed was a speed works pole position however the box had other no name motors in it. Everything was Futaba. As you can see I installed different shocks in the back but there was all around gold option house installed. I should have put it on the shelf as a vintage piece but……..ahhhh you know LOL.
So I installed a LRP 10.5 and took it to the Dirt Bowl when Carl expanded his track size just to make a few laps and rubbed the teeth off the spur gear. I was fortunate to find a genuine spur on FleaBay for 35 dollars. Believe it or not, I found some parts compatible with it at Pit Row in his old Kyosho stash including that same spur gear for 5 dollars. I was going to put everything back to its vintage state and shelf it but between my kids and working, it’s hard to do.
Attached Thumbnails GO FAST RCRACEWAY!!! In Batavia-img_0240.jpg   GO FAST RCRACEWAY!!! In Batavia-img_0241.jpg  
Old 09-15-2012, 08:03 PM
Tech Regular

That's not an Turbo Optima Mid.

That is a Turbo Optima, basically an original Optima converted from chain drive to belt drive.

There was a Turbo Optima Mid which had a slipper upgrade and ball diffs. What I was actually thinking of was a Turbo Optima Mid SE which was a Japan only release. It stretched the wheelbase about a 1/2" over the Optima Mid and it came with a saddle pack chassis.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:12 PM
Tech Regular

It is chain driven, ball diff, slipper but I don’t think it takes sadle packs. The box said it was an optima mid so I was assuming it was. I had no idea what the difference was but the box has English as well as what I would assume to be Japanese printing on it.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:27 PM
Tech Regular

What you have is an original Optima/Turbo Optima which was rear motor and had the goofy small gear transmission simlar to an Ultima of the time. The Optima Mid was an all new car that simplified the transmission and moved the motor forward. I have no clue who had an original Optima back in the day.

It turns out there were 4 versions of the Optima Mid.....

Optima Mid
Turbo Optima Mid
Turbo Optima Mid SE (Turbo with Ball Diffs and Platimum Shocks)
Optima Mid Special (Long wheelbase)

The special was what I was talking about. Below are links to the versions...

Optima Mid/Turbo SE - http://www.rsb.se/arena/showthread.php?t=71778

Optima Mid Special -

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.