Wiki Posts
Search

RT281 Raceway "Off-road" Friedens, PA 15501

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 02:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jland
I had such a good time last weekend, great track and program and a great group of racers. I got the bug again Where do you guys race at on the off weeks? I am thinking about McCulloughs, long drive for me but it will be good to get some track time in for the ROC.

Justin
It was great to have you there Justin. always a great time with our group of guys and gals.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 104 (100%+)

Hey guys had a great day w my little bro at the track today. We both have rb5s and b44s and will be at the track next weekend as well. Anyone else w 4wd bring em out.
Old 08-17-2013, 07:02 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Ostach24
Hey guys had a great day w my little bro at the track today. We both have rb5s and b44s and will be at the track next weekend as well. Anyone else w 4wd bring em out.
Great to have you and your brother and dad at the track with us today. Lookin forward to next weekend with some of the changes I made today and a few I have instore for the next race.
Old 08-17-2013, 08:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Sounds like you all had a great time. see ya in a few weeks. And I'll have my 44.2 with me for sure this time.
Old 08-17-2013, 08:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I should have both of my buggies ready to race on the next race night.im so looking forward to getting out and doing some racing.
Old 08-18-2013, 04:42 AM
Tech Regular

Sounds like that 2wd and 4 wheel buggy are going to be good classes this weekend. Now lets get some more 2wd sct out there too
Old 08-18-2013, 05:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

SOOOO glad to hear I'm going to finally get some track time in with the wheeler. Can't wait though I'm not sure about running three classes...I may need to pick up another charger...or that quad charger I've been eyeing up.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by weyant
Lookin forward to next weekend with some of the changes I made today and a few I have instore for the next race.
Sounds like I'm gonna have to set up a "Tech Table"

I thought about coming out yesterday, BUT!!! Wife reminded me I have a bathroom project to finish After I was done taking her to yard sales.
I am soooooooo WHOOPED

Tyler had some nice finishes at MCC's yesterday & looking forward to RAC event.

Saturday the 24th, I,we might need some help in booth (Shawn). Tyler moves in Thursday & believe UPJ has activities planned for incoming freshman, so unsure if Ty can even make this race, but will update info. as I find out.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:27 AM
Tech Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by Sportin' Wood
Sounds like I'm gonna have to set up a "Tech Table"

I thought about coming out yesterday, BUT!!! Wife reminded me I have a bathroom project to finish After I was done taking her to yard sales.
I am soooooooo WHOOPED

Tyler had some nice finishes at MCC's yesterday & looking forward to RAC event.

Saturday the 24th, I,we might need some help in booth (Shawn). Tyler moves in Thursday & believe UPJ has activities planned for incoming freshman, so unsure if Ty can even make this race, but will update info. as I find out.
Well im getting pretty sneaky with my cheater stuff LOL....well I have to do something to keep up with that boy of mine and Ken lol....Glad to hear Ty did well yest...wish you did
Old 08-19-2013, 03:15 PM
Tech Champion

Was reading on fb that y'all racing at 12 this sat?
If so I won't be able to make it.sons first football game is at 10.but if its a night race I can prolly make it
Old 08-20-2013, 04:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by morris
Was reading on fb that y'all racing at 12 this sat?
If so I won't be able to make it.sons first football game is at 10.but if its a night race I can prolly make it
WHAT?!?!?! That blows...when was that change made? I swear that said 5:00 the last time I looked at it.

Thanks for posting that otherwise I would have left at noon and missed all the racing.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:12 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Grasschopper
WHAT?!?!?! That blows...when was that change made? I swear that said 5:00 the last time I looked at it.

Thanks for posting that otherwise I would have left at noon and missed all the racing.
Hopefully somebody will chime in cuz I didn't see it posted on tech here.it was saying something about trying to get more racers there.etc..
If somebody does chime in and let us know for sure.i mean I would prolly get there late anyways...
Old 08-20-2013, 05:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

I'll pm Shawn
Old 08-20-2013, 05:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

This weekend is the Rescheduled Rt281 Championship race. this race was scheduled in June but moved.

this is a double point with a plaque crowning a champion.

this race has been rescheduled since June.

This weekend will will be trying a new format that may become a Saturday or Sunday staple next year. We will start at 12:00 instead of 5:00 this will allow more travelers. Also this weekend we are awarding a 1st plaques for the finishers and we are paying out 25 % of the racing fees. This will most likely be a weekly payout in the future if it goes over well. To keep it fair the payout is based off the amount of entries per classes. This is another way of showing customer appreciation. We are doing what we can to help encourage more travelers and help the racers out even more.

the reason for the 12 noon start time was announced at the fathers day race, we started at 12 during that race also to encourage more travelers.

the reason for the 12 noon start time was annouce at the fathers day race, we started at 12 during that race also to encourage more travelers.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:21 AM
Tech Elite

Not trying to get anything changed but feedback as someone who travels a good distance to race at 281. I actually like the 5:00p start time...maybe 4:00 could be better but the later time allows me to get up on a Saturday morning, spend some time with the family, cut the grass if needed, lazily load the car and make the drive to the track with plenty of time to get some practice in before racing starts. Yes I get home around midnight but the kids have been in bed for hours so I'm not missing time with them and my wife is very understanding of my racing.

Noon race means to me that I will have to get out of bed earlier, eat breakfast, load up and roll. Really I will probably spend Friday evening loading up so I can leave earlier. To get any pre race track time I need to be on the road by 9:00a if not earlier so no family time in the am. Lets say that racing is finished by 6:00p...that gets me home around 8:00p and the little one is going to bed so I lost a full day with the little one.

Positives? I'm not a huge fan of racing under the lights so having daylight will be nice...but the track does get some nice traction in the evenings.

Honestly I envy you guys whose families come out to the races with you (Ken, Brian, Dan etc).

Sorry for the whining.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.