Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RT281 Raceway "Off-road" Friedens, PA 15501

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 06:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Is there an opening day/schedule in mind yet? I've got one more week of points racing at Bumps and then....well I guess it's time to come outdoors again.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

This week starts the Off-road points series battle at PT Raceway. This will be a 6 week series with one drop week and plaques will be given out. A reminder the the non-blinky stock vehicles. You will be running in your own class or modified. 17.5 blinky will run with 17.5 blinky only. No mixing of vehicles. Also this Wed would be good time to get some practice and tuning done on your stock vehicles. Doors open at 5pm.

Classes in the points series:

2wd Stock buggy (17.5 blinky)
2wd Stock Corr (17.5 blinky)
2wd Mod Corr
4wd Corr
Sportsman
Old 03-21-2014, 12:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Can't wait to start racing
Old 03-22-2014, 06:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Anything on a schedule for this year???
Old 04-10-2014, 07:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Exclamation

April 10th 2014
Over the past winter I heard so many people tell me that they heard RT281 was closing. I continued to hear it and hear it to the point I was getting pissed. We have been around for 5 years now so why now are we supposedly closing? But it did get me thinking about what if I did? So after some deep thoughts I have come to the following conclusion.

RT281 Raceway will be closing for good! The decision is based on the following reasons
· No external funding for track expenses and improvements
· Declining interest from new racers
· Declining attendance amongst local racers
· Increasing costs due to “race track” insurance requirements.
· Competing tracks

It has been an exciting and fun filled 5 years since the concept and testing began for RT281 raceway. I knew from the past that most tracks are not profitable what with insurance, maintenance, equipment rental/repair and mostly the TIME that it takes make it right. You must have a deep love for the hobby and hopefully gain additional family members (racers, helpers, etc.) in the process to make it all worth it.

But with the recent decline of participants locally and some of the recent unfortunate accidents and claims against tracks, it just doesn’t make sense to risk what my family has worked for over the years, in order to save money on “No insurance” or “Hobby or Club” style Insurance coverage. In addition, our hobby shop was busy and able to commit the operational funding. I must say that declining sales at the shop, made me realized that I was doing this only for me, and not my family. So starting now, I plan on turning my time and efforts, that have enabled the track to survive this long, towards my family’s activities.

In leaving, I would like to thank the Herwig’s for all that they did over the years.
We also have two complete rc4 lap counting systems available. We are also selling the hobby shop. If someone is interested in any of them, please contact me for information.
Thanks for the great times (and the hard ones) that I have enjoyed with each and everyone of you. I will always remember the enjoyment from those times. J

Shawn
Old 04-10-2014, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

Well that really sucks. Sorry to hear it Shawn, thanks for all the help getting me back into this hobby, I've been eagerly waiting a schedule to be posted so that I could make my summer plans to come down. Sad to hear that you are closing. Good luck with whatever you move on to.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:39 AM
Tech Master

Thanks John
Old 04-10-2014, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Team T2C
Thanks John
If I could figure out where to put a track up here I'd totally take one of those RC4s off your hands.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:42 AM
Tech Master

one just sold and one is still available with someone very interested.
Old 04-11-2014, 05:01 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Very sorry to hear about this! I was greatly looking forward to this years outdoor season after the long hard winter. Understand why it is happening with the items you posted and realizing that most tracks seem to operate within a break-even atmosphere at best. Thank you for providing us with a fun place to race in the past. I appreciated the time spent there and the friendships made.
Good Luck with future endeavors!

Last edited by jimj; 04-11-2014 at 12:27 PM.
Old 04-11-2014, 06:27 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jimj
Very sorry to hear about this! I was greatly looking forward to this years outdoor season after the long hard winter. Understand why it is happening with the items you posted and realizing that most tracks seem to operate within a break-even atmosphere at best. Thank you for providing us with a fun place to race in the past. I appreciated the time spent there and the frienships made.
Good Luck with future endeavors!

thanks Jim, It hurts and break my heart to shut it down, but i have to use common sense too. I thank you for all that you have done. Tim and Bruce included,.