Wiki Posts
Search

New Indoor Track In North Jersey, Need Feedback

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 04:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigGus71
...summer hits and people want to run outdoors. So we'll see what happens.
I'm actually on the other side of the fence on this one. I would prefer an indoor facility in the summer. No need to sweat my butt off out in the hot sun. I know that I've got to be the minority on that, but that's just me.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gtsakiris
Hey guys, one of my friends sent me this thread. Sounds like a great idea to us. Now that PIR is closed in phili which was the closest 1/8 scale facility to us there are alot of guys not sure where to go. LIR and Barnstormers are the only other options. I am affiliated with http://www.hobbymasters.com in Red bank around exit 109. We were and are supporting Trax70 as an example during the summer and are always looking to extend support for other tracks considering opening or existing tracks needing advertising. If you guys are serious and interested have the main idea guy PM me and I will hook him up with the right people on this end if you are looking for good advertising and hobby shop support. As well all know this hobby def. can be costly and not having the right game plan can be down right disasterous. Good luck and I look forward to your progress.
Thanks! Will definitely touch base with you once we get a little further. Everything you said with how far everyone has to drive to get to a track is what we have been saying. If we can give people an option of driving 30 minutes compared to 1 1/2 hours plays to our favor. The one thing I know is that this won't be a half assed thing. If we can swing the money for building that will fit an 1/8 track then we'll do it. If funds will be too tight then we'll start with 1/10, but it will be quality.
It's a big step and we are looking to see what kind of support we will get.
Thanks again!
Old 01-21-2011, 05:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SloRacer1080
I'm actually on the other side of the fence on this one. I would prefer an indoor facility in the summer. No need to sweat my butt off out in the hot sun. I know that I've got to be the minority on that, but that's just me.
I'm not a fan of baking in the sun either, but I can only imagine how much it would cost to run AC in a 4000 sqft building.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BigGus71
I'm not a fan of baking in the sun either, but I can only imagine how much it would cost to run AC in a 4000 sqft building.
Knucklehead warehouse has no ac.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I'm in for some TT action and 1/8 scale nitro if possible!!!!
Old 01-21-2011, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by critterracing
Knucklehead warehouse has no ac.
Redneck AC!
Old 01-21-2011, 07:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Yea, mount 2 of those to the wall. Obviously cutout an opening in the wall, and have one on one end of the building pull air out, on the opposite wall have one push air in. Instant cross breeze and exhaust all in one. I've seen it in a video of an indoor nitro track. This is assuming you are allowed to cut out a big 3-4 foot hole in the wall I don't think every landlord is going to want that.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SloRacer1080
Yea, mount 2 of those to the wall. Obviously cutout an opening in the wall, and have one on one end of the building pull air out, on the opposite wall have one push air in. Instant cross breeze and exhaust all in one. I've seen it in a video of an indoor nitro track. This is assuming you are allowed to cut out a big 3-4 foot hole in the wall I don't think every landlord is going to want that.
You would need the fans up high blowing out and have doors/windows open. Heat and exhaust fumes rise so that would be the best way of keeping it cool and cleaner air.
I go to cigarfest every year out in PA, they have those fans stacked in every door and window opening just to keep it so people can breathe.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default it will happen

a north jersey track indoors cant fail, plenty of people travel more than an hour each way just to race. if we have a place thats close we wont have to wait to race once a week with no practice or fine tuning ,people want to practice and tune there stuff so when race day comes its just that much more fun. just take one step at a time, people will come, being from north jersey the closest place for me to race is at least an hour away. there are tons of guys in the same boat. i cant see a good track and hobby store not making it in this area. just one step at a time.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sewerdog
a north jersey track indoors cant fail, plenty of people travel more than an hour each way just to race. if we have a place thats close we wont have to wait to race once a week with no practice or fine tuning ,people want to practice and tune there stuff so when race day comes its just that much more fun. just take one step at a time, people will come, being from north jersey the closest place for me to race is at least an hour away. there are tons of guys in the same boat. i cant see a good track and hobby store not making it in this area. just one step at a time.
I AGREE MY DUDE....
Old 01-21-2011, 01:23 PM
Dob
Tech Addict

Know plenty of people that will be knocking on the door, especially since the Philly Indoor Raceway was shut down. Keep it Electric only, and they will come.
A lot of issues with venting nitro and noise and all that fun stuff.

Having a place that is open daily for practice/sales would also be a great addition.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:33 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)

Nitro 1/8 Late Model Dirt Oval baby !! Lets go!!!
Old 01-21-2011, 01:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tobamiester
Nitro 1/8 Late Model Dirt Oval baby !! Lets go!!!
dreamer
Old 01-21-2011, 01:44 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)

Originally Posted by critterracing
dreamer
Ye gots to have dreams

(I'll think of something useful to say shortly )
Old 01-21-2011, 01:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sewerdog
That's what we are looking to do. Keep it local, keep it available to practice, and spend more time racing then driving.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.