Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
PT Raceway NEW TRACK Level Green, Murrsyville, Pittsburgh, Penn Trafford, Irwin >

PT Raceway NEW TRACK Level Green, Murrsyville, Pittsburgh, Penn Trafford, Irwin

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

PT Raceway NEW TRACK Level Green, Murrsyville, Pittsburgh, Penn Trafford, Irwin

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 104 (100%+)

Originally Posted by carcrusher46
Aw man - same weekend as Columbus Will there be any practice beforehand so those of us that will be out of town that weekend can come down and check things out?
Nope we wont sorry. We will just be finishing up in time to open. Maybe the next week on wednesday.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

See you next Friday night!
Old 01-05-2011, 06:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

To all - here's a couple sneak peaks of the almost-finished product!

I can definitely say that the Andys, the Lonzos, Lokays, and everyone else that helped out did an absolute fantastic job and I can't wait to start racing! Good luck to everyone going out next Fri and let's make this a great opening weekend!
Old 01-05-2011, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for throwing up some pics, i am having some trouble with the coding for the new merry go round type thing for all of our pictures.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Looks great!

Questions I have:

Are you guys planning on "Ifmar" style qualifying.

What are the length on qualifiers and mains?

Tire additives allowed? (I take it odor free here if at all).
Old 01-06-2011, 12:02 AM
Tech Elite

For off-road we will have 2 five min qualifiers and then be re seeded for the 5mins main. Heats are random, and heads up, then the field is flipped so everyone has the same chance/ average starting possition. We might run touring car differently, Where you are on your own clock rather than heads up qualifying.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

HummMMm im thinking of converting a couple of my old kits to run carpet offroad. Matt stoltz check ur pm Also may consider onroad. I would like to run 1/12 scale. Do you guys plan on doing touring car or 12? I saw touring mentioned but didnt know days etc?? Thanks. Also facility looks good and for me its alot closer than bradenville/latrobe. I raced here along time ago. Probaly like in 99 or so back when it was at the old post office in latrobe.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:34 AM
Tech Addict

IFMAR qualifying is much less stressful with regards to you don't have to worry about the other cars on the track - you just drive your race and that's it. That's one thing I always hated about Bradenville from the time I started racing there back in '05 - they don't run IFMAR even though the computer system is able to, and then you get that one guy who tries to race you and takes you out/ruins your heat. It's the only track I've ever been to where they run heads up and to me it's just a really antiquated system that causes more animosity between the racers because you can't get a clean heat in no matter what you do.

Rob - hope to see you get something together! It'll be nice to have some guys with factory representation at the track.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

IFMAR qualifying is much less stressful with regards to you don't have to worry about the other cars on the track - you just drive your race and that's it. That's one thing I always hated about Bradenville from the time I started racing there back in '05 - they don't run IFMAR even though the computer system is able to, and then you get that one guy who tries to race you and takes you out/ruins your heat. It's the only track I've ever been to where they run heads up and to me it's just a really antiquated system that causes more animosity between the racers because you can't get a clean heat in no matter what you do.

Rob - hope to see you get something together! It'll be nice to have some guys with factory representation at the track.
Kinda like my Stock Corr main last weekend?LOL.

Ill deffinately be there opening night.Going to run my SC10 and save the XXX SCT for the dirt.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rob martin
HummMMm im thinking of converting a couple of my old kits to run carpet offroad. Matt stoltz check ur pm Also may consider onroad. I would like to run 1/12 scale. Do you guys plan on doing touring car or 12? I saw touring mentioned but didnt know days etc?? Thanks. Also facility looks good and for me its alot closer than bradenville/latrobe. I raced here along time ago. Probaly like in 99 or so back when it was at the old post office in latrobe.
We plan to run off-road fridays on-road saturday this will include tc and 12th scale and oval sunday. We just need to take a pole on when those guys want to start.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:43 PM
Tech Elite

As far as qualifying goes, either way someone will be trying to run their fastest pace and one way or another you have the possibility of being wrecked. Haha the only way to eliminate this factor is to run one vehicle at a time...

Rob and carcrusher you both have pms
Old 01-07-2011, 03:24 AM
Tech Addict

Andy I didn't get anything from ya - maybe try sending again?
Old 01-07-2011, 11:42 AM
Tech Elite

It was pretty late and I just ended up not sending anything...

On another note everyone running on-road and oval we will also be opened and running those classes Saturday and Sunday. I will post times when I know what they are. We will ask you guys when you would like to run and then have a set time for the rest of the weekends.
Remember Friday Jan 14 will be off-road check the website for rules classes and times ptraceway.com
Old 01-08-2011, 05:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

any idea on the saturday start time?????
Old 01-08-2011, 10:47 AM
Tech Elite

Not sure exactly ill let you know tonight when the guys in charge decide.

Last edited by Ostach24; 01-08-2011 at 11:01 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.