Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
PT Raceway NEW TRACK Level Green, Murrsyville, Pittsburgh, Penn Trafford, Irwin >

PT Raceway NEW TRACK Level Green, Murrsyville, Pittsburgh, Penn Trafford, Irwin

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

PT Raceway NEW TRACK Level Green, Murrsyville, Pittsburgh, Penn Trafford, Irwin

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 07:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spider882009
Quick question!!!
I have my new built xxx-sct ready to go, but what front shocks can I get to lower the front end for carpet? Im using an aftermarket front shock on the rear of the vehcile. Or how can I lower the front end?
Thank You!!!
I use losi XXX buggy front springs to get lower.
Old 01-31-2012, 04:59 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by jjdyost
I see the vintage class is really starting to take off. I love racing mine because it is just cool to see something 30 years old still getting laps and staying close to the t4s as far as laps Anyone out there who has an rc10 or other vitntage stuff bring em, the class really is fun Thanks to all the pt crew for letting us have a good friendly clean place to race

What are you guys limiting this class to?....Buggys? Stadium Trucks?

Are there any motor limits?.....Brushed/Brushless/Turn Limits?

Batteries?....LiPos?

Would a AE B3 or Losi Triple X be allowed?
Old 01-31-2012, 10:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The Triple-X buggy platform wasn't discontinued until last year, and there are a lot of guys still running cars as old as the Triple-X graphite on a weekly basis at local tracks, so it would take a large stretch of the imagination to consider it "vintage." The Triple-X SCT is the newest SC truck in Losi's lineup which is still based on the same platform.

For reference, the Vintage R/C Nationals restricts entry to vehicles produced in 1994 or earlier. This would mean the that the XX platform (released in '94) barely would squeak in under the the line, and the B2 (released in '95) wouldn't make the cut. You'd need a Worlds car, 2.40 car or older to fit their rules with an AE car.

I don't make the rules (clearly), just figured I'd make those facts known for comparison.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:28 PM
Tech Adept

Default vintage racing

I dont make the rules but a b3 or triple x are not all that vintage, a b2 and t2 would be alright as for the rc10, and rc10 worlds car also. I dont know much about old losi vehicles because I never hear anything about them, probably because thier lousy but I have nothing against them

batteries- I am running 2 cell lipo in my rc10, and so are other guys with vintage cars so I dont think it really matters there.

As far as buggy or stadium truck it dosent matter to me, but the other 3 guys I was running with on sunday all had buggies. Again I think t3 and b3 are to new for vintage but t2 and b2 are not.

Motors- I am running brushed as well as some of the other guys that have rc10s, we wanted to keep them old and original as far as that goes but if you have nothing else but brushless and want to race then just bring em and race, but I would like to see everybody run brushed, I am currently only running a stock 27 turn in mine because them cars were never made for big power brushless back then they didnt have that so if you are running brushless I would recommend to turn the power down to get equal to us because we are not all that fast. Again as for batteries I dont think it should matter if people run lipo or not. one guy is still running NI-MH batteries and that is awesome if you want to run them.

thanks derick yost
Old 01-31-2012, 01:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 104 (100%+)

My t3 is 15 yrs old... It was the first set of t3s that came out it is the team edition this was before there was a factory team. I feel like that is pretty vintage haha it is relatively young compared to the rc10. As far as the b3 is concerned, it is the same as a b2. Only thing that was changed was from dog bones to cvds and the front c-hub has changed.

I think vintage should be up to the guys running it, since there are only 3-4 right now. I think it is strange to exclude a vehicle that is 15 yrs old but then be allowed to put a brushless or a lipo in it.

The rustler was first released in 1994, is it vintage? Doesn't seem to be because that is still the current model... Just something to think about.

I think a car that has been around for 15 yrs is pretty vintage... Actually been around/used Not just the release of the model but the actual car. Brushed and cell packs seem to go hand in hand with vintage but again I'll ask the guys who run them. If you guys wanna throw in brushless and lipo I have no problem with it. The guys that do run them are pretty laid back so I don't think we will have a problem with that.

The xxx buggy ran with vintage to make 4 and give everyone a chance at a free race ticket. Derick actually tqd so I think the driving is a lot more important than the car.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:29 PM
Tech Adept

Default vintage racing

I do agree andy I never thought that yours is actually 15 years old now and in my eyes that is vintage also. I just thought over all the b3 and t3 were not all that vintage but maybe they are, as for losi I have no idea what is vintage in them, I dont follow with losi all that much. As for batteries and motors I really dont care that much what people run because it is not really a a big competitive class yet I just would like to see people run brushed motors, that is really my only limit because I am running new lipo batteries in my rc10 now. And did I really tq with my rc10, wow im proud of myself and my oldy.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

For those looking to do some serious vintage racing I have a losi lxt stadium truck with a graphite left side battery mount chassis for sale. This thing was built for oval racing back in the day, I also have the stock chassis for it that will go with it. Its missing the shock but there the same as a xxxt shock and I have tooonnnns of parts for it to keep it going for a long long time. 50 bucks, I will post some pics when I get home.
Old 01-31-2012, 04:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Could I put a bandit together(original parts and rims, no vxl upgrades) and run a titan 12t, or would that motor be too much? If not, any suggestions on a solid 27t with avail rebuild parts? I know its not a competitive car, but would be a cheap build for me as I have most of the parts laying around?
Old 01-31-2012, 07:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

A XXX buggy handles like its vintage. Its five years to late since it was released in 1999.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

I think it would be interesting to run 15 yr old esc motors radios and batteries. See which batteries can Actually make it. I just found an esc and a few motors and the radio I started with 15 yrs ago. Oh and a few 1500s and 2000s as well. Motors and radio would probably be fine but the esc and batteries are questionable.
We will get that straightened out.
Anyways I'll be running my b44 Friday hope to get the 4wds back in full swing
Old 02-01-2012, 01:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Twist my arm and I'll run B44's too.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:06 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the good info and discussion on Vintage!

I was asking about the XXX and b3 because friends of mine have these and they were curious about racing them.

My good friend is the guy with the Losi XXX-CR that was running on Sunday.

jjdyost: I agree with you...I like the idea of brushed with Lipos..It give sthe vintage feel but allows one to use the batteries that they have and your recent post (31Jan @ 3:28pm) describes what I think may work very well for everyone...

I am working on a RC10 Graphite Edition now with a Brushed Motor that I want to bring on Sundays...I am looking forward to running it and see if I can keep up with the good drivers!
Old 02-01-2012, 07:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

It is great to see everybody trying to work out all details for making a new class so that it is fair for everybody
Old 02-01-2012, 03:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Some may have noticed that AE released the Factory Team version of the SC10 4x4. It now comes with a carbon brace to help with some of the flexing. I was making my own before this was out and helped the truck out. If anybody is interested in one let me know as I still have 2 for sale.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:21 PM
Tech Elite

Well guys the track will be open early Super Bowl Sunday. Doors will be open at 10 am and racing will start between 11-11:30am Jim will be running the show on Sunday, so when he gets things going with the computer racing will start.

Last edited by Ostach24; 02-01-2012 at 05:33 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.