The Hill Camp Courtney RC Park Okinawa Japan

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Hill Camp Courtney RC Park Okinawa Japan

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 02:24 AM
Tech Regular

For you guys getting the Caster, and anyone else interested. I am showing a lot of wear on the front and rear of the chassis. I picked up a set of these skids. These should help and the price is right. For those without fusions they make skids and bumpers for many cars.

http://t-bone-rc.tripod.com/catalog/i345.html
Old 02-17-2010, 04:09 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by igyrigged
Go drive mini-z, they just made the course larger(incorporated little drift area). 13 second laps now.
Iggy, are you using the Kyosho transmitter or the KO with your Mini-z?

Mike
Old 02-17-2010, 03:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Murdadock
Your funny guy. Totally know where your coming from though. The only thing that is keeping me from buying too much is I am picking up that Caster soon. I want to buy the stuff that I need for that though. So far the only thing I can think of is just more LiPos. If you have any suggestions of "must haves" for it. let me know. Right now, I just want to get it and run it to see what I think it needs. Think I am gonna pick up about 6 more lipos in the next month or so.
Not really buying too much, I'm changing too many things on the cars so I have no idea how they will drive. But at least I've got the time to get things right.

Amazing when you go back through car that has been running fine for a year and find out what's loose and what's missing...yet it still ran...

For the Casters:

Must haves:
(1)JR-0008 Aluminum Sway Bar Holder (there is only the rear on the car)
EX-0501 5mm pinion gear 11/12/13 T

may gets:
ZXOP-03 ZX-1R 7075 Chassis Brace Set
JR-0131 Front/Rear Lower Suspension Arms

They should be done by the end of the month.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by raycerZ
Iggy, are you using the Kyosho transmitter or the KO with your Mini-z?

Mike
KO
Old 02-18-2010, 04:01 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by YDBD
They should be done by the end of the month.
Are you sure, it is the 18th and only 28 days this month
Old 02-18-2010, 05:03 AM
Tech Adept

On the Caster,

Anyone have any insight on the difference between ZX-0021 F/R Upper/ Lower suspension arms and the JR-0131 F/R Upper/Lower arms Jon suggested.

Also,

I tried placeing an order on Caster tonight, there is currently no option to have items shipped to FPO-AP addresses.

I wrote them and will keep you posted on how it works out.

Rob
Old 02-18-2010, 06:47 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bando711
Are you sure, it is the 18th and only 28 days this month
I know,i am gonna hold him to it
Old 02-18-2010, 01:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by chemfrk
On the Caster,

Anyone have any insight on the difference between ZX-0021 F/R Upper/ Lower suspension arms and the JR-0131 F/R Upper/Lower arms Jon suggested.

Also,

I tried placeing an order on Caster tonight, there is currently no option to have items shipped to FPO-AP addresses.

I wrote them and will keep you posted on how it works out.

Rob
The ZX are the older version, they are in stock, the JR are the new ones less prone to breaking in colder temps. They are currently out of stock, but are supposedly in the shippment being held for the last 8 days at customs. As soon as Mike gets the boxes, one of the new Fusion EX1.5's will be going to AMAIN for a evaluation.

I have been working with the FPO AP with Mike, if you put in the note or send him an email he will make sure. He is working with a click and ship software and has issues. If we keep ordering stuff he will have to hire someone to do the shipping, rather than him or his wife.

I know,i am gonna hold him to it
I'll make sure the axle nut is cranked down off angle for yours.
Should have two with everything but the motor/ESC installed today.

Hope to be out at the hill on Sunday. Ken need to run the Fusion through the set up board...busy later? beer...
Old 02-18-2010, 03:51 PM
Tech Adept

Jon,

Thanks for the info,

I am going to go ahead and order some of the older ones to have on hand (you have all seen how I drive) for when I break the stockers.

I already sent Mike a note about the shipping issue, and if need I will call if he is available to take an order over the phone along with payment. (besides, I would much rather do business with a family owned/operated company any day as I am a huge supporter of small business)

I am more than willing to wait a little while for items to ship in order to help keep his overhead down, as I understand the dilemma of growing a business, managing costs and keeping customers happy.

I hope he continues to grow and at some point soon will be able to bring another employee on board with minimal impact to his overall operation.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:56 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by chemfrk
Jon,

I already sent Mike a note about the shipping issue, and if need I will call if he is available to take an order over the phone along with payment. (besides, I would much rather do business with a family owned/operated company any day as I am a huge supporter of small business)
Agreed, I love me some Small AMERICAN businesses.

Now that I have worked most ofmy issues out with the DB01 and TA05, I am pretty sure I am not going to buy Tamiya anymore. They make good stuff, it is just hard to find parts, especially stateside. The focus too much on their plastic models and not enough on RCs.

Anyway, has anyone ran an Associated RC10B4 2WD buggy? Thinking about picking one up for the Nashville races once I get there. Any other suggestions besides that one?

Also, I will be making a HobbyKing LiPo purchase next week and their shipping is "Special". It is better to buy in bulk. So, that said if anyone would like to jump on the bandwagon, let me know by next Friday. I will be having them shipped to my Japan address so they may get here sooner than if they were be shipped to the Americas.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:37 PM
Tech Regular

Anyway, has anyone ran an Associated RC10B4 2WD buggy? Thinking about picking one up for the Nashville races once I get there. Any other suggestions besides that one?

If you are looking for other options take a look at this, the XXX platform is well designed and very competative. Not sure what ESC and motor you will be running but the Losi has a strong transmision that will hold up to a Brushless system.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-2wd-Buggy-Kit
Old 02-18-2010, 07:59 PM
Tech Addict

Agreed, I love me some Small AMERICAN businesses, but I will be making a HobbyKing LiPo purchase next week.
HA HA HA

Now that I have worked most ofmy issues out with the DB01 and TA05, I am pretty sure I am not going to buy Tamiya anymore. They make good stuff, it is just hard to find parts, especially stateside. The focus too much on their plastic models and not enough on RCs.
Jason, and anyone else who owns a Tamiya here...if Siro or RC Paradise doesn't have the parts you need, you can get them directly from RC Champ in Osaka. They are one of Tamiya's biggest distributors in Japan, if not THE biggest. They ALWAYS have Tamiya stuff in stock. You can mail order to your Japan address and it'll get here in 3 days MAX. They even do COD. Thier prices are so low that the shipping cost and COD fee cancel each other out almost all of the time, so there's really no excuse if you like Tamiya's products.

A while back I made a statement about Caster products not being available at the big mail order houses (there are like 2 places besides Caster USA that have a good selection of mail order stuff), and was told it was no big deal to just get the stuff from the 3 places that cary their parts in stock. If you are going to use that mentality, than why is such a big deal to get Tamiya parts from RC Champ in Osaka and have them arrive in 3 days MAX?

As far as Hobby King mail order in bulk and delivering to a Japan address, yes, you will get them faster, figure 1 week, give or take a few days due to customs. I had 1 order arrive in 4 days, and the other took 10, due to Japanese customs. Either way, make sure you do the EMS shipping option or else those fast timelines will not apply.

On a different note, are we ever going to see the Sun again?

- Paulie
Old 02-18-2010, 08:29 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by pgeldz
Agreed, I love me some Small AMERICAN businesses, but I will be making a HobbyKing LiPo purchase next week.

HA HA HA

- Paulie
I know that something would be said when I posted it. I do prefer American but %50+ cost reduction is hard to pass up. I don't think you can get a 5200mAh Lipo for double the price of Hobby King in the States, that would be about $46, if you doubled HKs price. Here is what Hobby King says to sell their $1.99 T-Shirts:

Strike fear into the hearts of store owners by wearing this 100% cotton topic of conversation to your local hobby store & watch their attitudes change as you proudly wear your battle dress whilst perusing the shelves of overpriced locally priced merchandise.
Prepare to be loved or hated at your next R/C convention or meet-up.

The iconic HobbyKing.com trademark is an internationally renowned logo, a beacon un to others as to the true king of R/C, the consumer! This shirt is a reminder that no distributor, store, vendor or manufacturer can compete with the collective voice of the astute hobby customer.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:48 PM
Tech Master

Or you can buy your Team Epic Lipo 5000mah 40c for 204.99 that says "MADE IN CHINA" right on it.

Un effing believable....
Old 02-18-2010, 10:36 PM
Tech Addict

I know, right...

It's all good. I'm all for products made in my homeland also, but only if they can compete on quality, price, and performance.

I'm not a big fan of paying an American company triple the markup for the same CHINESE MADE product, just cause it has a sticker on it from a US company.

And when the haters say I don't support the US, I laugh, because my 20 years of military service to our country gave them the right to say that.

Go figure.

- Paulie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.