Wiki Posts
Search

The Hill Camp Courtney RC Park Okinawa Japan

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 08:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Default "The Hill"

Originally Posted by burnsy
Hey is "the hill" still around on courtney? I went to that base today and drove around looking for it but couldn't find it. Went to the skatepark instead and ended up breaking a shock
It was next to the Chow Hall across from the barracks when I was there 2 years ago....
Old 12-01-2013, 09:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The Hill at Camp Courtney is pretty much done. There maybe some space to drive there, but the driver stand was destroyed in last years typhoon and the four guys that were still interested have little time to maintain the track and drive.

I cannot find a way to edit this threads title, so if someone wants to start a new thread, please do. I haven't driven in 5 months, and that was just crawling, just got too many obligations and so many drivers left as well as the indoor track and shop RC Paradise closed down.

I still have cars, just not the time to dedicate to driving.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:00 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by RCMilitia
It was next to the Chow Hall across from the barracks when I was there 2 years ago....
ahh yeah I seen a lot there that could have possibly been a track at one time...
Old 12-03-2013, 11:01 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by YDBD
The Hill at Camp Courtney is pretty much done. There maybe some space to drive there, but the driver stand was destroyed in last years typhoon and the four guys that were still interested have little time to maintain the track and drive.

I cannot find a way to edit this threads title, so if someone wants to start a new thread, please do. I haven't driven in 5 months, and that was just crawling, just got too many obligations and so many drivers left as well as the indoor track and shop RC Paradise closed down.

I still have cars, just not the time to dedicate to driving.
bummer! so there isn't a single dirt track left on this island?
Old 12-06-2013, 05:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Well maybe if we get enough guys together we can fix and reopen the one on Courtney....I'll be there in July/August

Last edited by RCMilitia; 12-06-2013 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Additional Information
Old 12-18-2013, 04:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Around 4 months ago I was at chibana and could have sworn I seen a track by the dog park. Sure enough I was right. So myself and another guy ordered some parts to fix our cars up and will go out as soon as we get it all in. My stuff is due in next week. Is the chibana track utilized much?
Old 12-18-2013, 11:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Don't think so, when X Hobby was open they ran races there, nitro and electric. Post when you go, my road cars are ready, just need to charge batteries.
Old 12-23-2013, 06:07 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by YDBD
Don't think so, when X Hobby was open they ran races there, nitro and electric. Post when you go, my road cars are ready, just need to charge batteries.
Assuming my stuff gets here this weekend...I'll be going with another person or two this weekend.
Old 01-01-2014, 04:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

is the hill at camp courtney ever going to get fixed up? or has it been already? id put in the effort to help if there are others interested
Old 01-03-2014, 09:02 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by HPIFreak
is the hill at camp courtney ever going to get fixed up? or has it been already? id put in the effort to help if there are others interested
I would be willing to help, though I don't get back on island until July. I am all for it though if you use you help maintain it. I can't wait to get back on island! Where do you guys get your LiPos from on island?
Old 01-11-2014, 04:37 AM
Tech Rookie

I finally got my car all fixed. I'll hopefully be at chibana tomorrow around 3pm.
Old 01-18-2014, 02:35 PM
Tech Rookie

I ordered a lipo from promatch racing online and somehow it made it through customs. A co worker ordered one from there as well and it made it.

Where is the track in chibana you all are talking about? You should post some photos if you go!
Old 01-19-2014, 03:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

I ordered a lipo from promatch racing online and somehow it made it through customs. A co worker ordered one from there as well and it made it.

Where is the track in chibana you all are talking about? You should post some photos if you go!
its an old abandon RC track on a double tennis court. its a nice track but its very hard on cars. its like driving on sand paper

Old 01-20-2014, 01:20 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks, I just bought a tamiya tt-01ed over the weekend so I can't wait to try it out there. It's gotta be smoother/easier on the tires than pavement.

This is my first drift car and I didn't realize the pavement was just going to destroy tires.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:22 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks, I just bought a tamiya tt-01ed over the weekend so I can't wait to try it out there. It's gotta be smoother/easier on the tires than pavement.

This is my first drift car and I didn't realize the pavement was just going to destroy tires.
That place is pretty bad for drifting too. Like he said, rough on cars. Sticky tires are ok but the track is dirty too.

There is a drift track out in Awase that also has an offroad track for 1/10 buggies and SCTs. It too needs a bit of maintenance but is decent. The drift track is pretty nice. It is small like everything else on this island. I still stay strong on RC but it's tough with the support around here.

Like Jon said more politely, the RC scene has really went to shit since RC Paradise shut down and a few guys left. We relied so much on civilian employees to maintain stuff that once they left it went to crap. I wish I had more time to work on a track but every service on this island has an optempo like we deploy every month.

Anyways, there is still the Murasaki Mura track in Yomiton that siros maintains (nicely) but I am not sure about running on non-race days.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.