Community
Wiki Posts
Search

~~Thumptown RC~~Singers Hobbies~~ Wellsboro,PA

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 04:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Last edited by gmplus3; 04-23-2012 at 09:43 AM.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default tmr

Originally Posted by Nighthawk
Www.tmrlargescale.com

----->We are not against running 10th scale sct's also.<------

Any? 's feel free to contact me.<------

Isaac Reichard
TMR Large Scale.

[email protected]
Again, were no against running 10th, we are simply concentrating on 5th.
Beleave it or not, there are far more 10th/8th tracks in the area pulling huge turnouts.
one of which is less then 2 1/2 hours from wellsboro and is by far the best offroad facility on the east coast right now. (LCRC).
I understand you guys have all put money into this hobby as we all have, myself included. and i have spent several years traveling to countless different tracks to enjoy this hobby as well.
so, just because there isnt a deticated 10th facility a couple miles down the road, doesnt mean you cant go enjoy your vehicals, as the rest of us have been doing for years.
And again, if you guys want to get a group together, by all means do so, and please come!

And to address the? 's about making money, ect.

We are not doing this for money, we are doing this because there is no longer a 5th scale facility within 4hours and beleave it or not, there are alot of people that want to race there 5th vehicals, myself included, and the opertunity to use an exsisting (Now closed) facility worked out perfectly.
So, with all that said, If you guys dont feel your able to travel to one of the several world class 10th facilitys within 2-3hours and still want to race, but dont want to get into 5th scale load up the sct's and come on up. we will do our best to keep things groomed.

any further ?'s, concerns, or complaints, please feel free to email or private message me.

Isaac
TMR Large Scale
Old 04-04-2012, 01:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default TMR large scale

TMR Large scale is going to do a good thing for the 1/5 scale RC racing scene. 1/5 scale racing is getting larger and there are not a lot of tracks within "driving distance." To my knowledge they are going to run 10th scale at the track as well. TMR has the reasources to maintain their track as good as any other track(if not better). I have full confidence that Zuk will get the track up and running so that ALL customers are satisfied. With no BajaFest this year TMR should fill that gap as best they can.

I am also with you guys on the fact that I will not own a 1/5 due to cost. TMR will still be runnning 1/10 scale. I will be there to help them when they need it. Support your local tracks...RC racing is changing but, it is for the better.

If your looking for all year competitive indoor racing swing up to The Compound R/C Raceway. We run 10th scale everything. We race every sunday and we have a summer long series starting on April 29th, 2012.

Info links:

rc sign up: http://events.rcsignup.com/events/di...nt.cfm?ID=2581

Rctech thread: http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-f...astern-pa.html
Old 04-04-2012, 08:02 AM
Tech Master

Default The Compound

Thanx Derek.

The Compound is a great facility also, and is just over an hour from wellsboro. they've got a great thing going there and im sure wikl continue to get better and better.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gmplus3
+1

i was very sad to hear the track that i had been waiting for for 15+ years was going away from 10th scale. i'm happy that it will still be there but the fact of the matter is that there are a bunch of local people that have invested a lot of cash into the 10th stuff and at this point, unless they want or can afford to travel a bit, there isnt any place to run. feels like all that money invested into 10th equipment is a complete waste now. dont get me wrong like i said i'm glad its still there. i'm not real sure what the track conditions will be like after a few weeks of running 5th scale on it will be either. i would imagine it could get tore up pretty fast and i dont know if there would be enough people that would want to run 10th equipment on a track that is groomed for 5th. thats like running the 5th stuff on a 1/1 track. you could loose your rig in a rut! lol!!

at this point, based on the website and the thread on tech, 10th scale is not currently on the schedule and therefore there is no room for it at this facility any more. it is advertised as a 5th scale track and that is it. its unfortunate but thats the bottom line. dont get me wrong, i look forward to watchin them rip it up over the summer, i'm just bummed i cant be a part of it anymore. dont know about anyone else but those rigs are expensive to get into and really not in my budget.

sorry this was long but consider this my .05. lol!

Brian, we run short course in Ithaca. It's not that bad of a drive! PM me if you want to hear some details. All the racers from Thumptown are welcome to come race with us.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

If it wasn't for TMR taking over the track at thumptownrc there wouldn't be anything racing there. Sorry y'all feel this way but theres an awesome track in Athens pa that's indoors ran by some good people with good turn outs. And the track is awesome to run on. Its the compound check it out. Y'all should at least stop by and check it out since its not the far and y'all will be hocked

P.S can't make everyone happy
Old 04-23-2012, 07:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Talking

You guys did an awesome job on first day opener !
Wish it had been warmer !
I will say, ya got me hooked !
I always wanted the large scale, but couldn't afford it ! I'm gonna sell few things and see what I can get Wife prolly hang me !
Old 04-23-2012, 02:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Its easier to ask for forgiveness then permission. Hope you get one there alot of fun
Old 04-23-2012, 03:26 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Misfit pres
Its easier to ask for forgiveness then permission. Hope you get one there alot of fun
it seems as though i have seen that quote somewhere else.....lol! i agree, you guys did a great job and now i may have to figure one of those into my budget. they look like a blast!
Old 05-01-2012, 10:33 AM
Tech Master

Hey guys.
We are having a cash race this sunday at TMR and are also plannin to run a 10th 4x4 sct class as well. Cash payout to the top three.
typical rules apply. any production 10th 4x4 sct kit (no 8th conversions) 2cell lipo/6cell nimh only. any sct tire/wheel (no 8th conversions) and any sct body, tires must be covered by body.

See you guys sunday!

Isaac
www.tmrlargescale.com
Old 05-01-2012, 02:45 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Nighthawk
Hey guys.
We are having a cash race this sunday at TMR and are also plannin to run a 10th 4x4 sct class as well. Cash payout to the top three.
typical rules apply. any production 10th 4x4 sct kit (no 8th conversions) 2cell lipo/6cell nimh only. any sct tire/wheel (no 8th conversions) and any sct body, tires must be covered by body.

See you guys sunday!

Isaac
www.tmrlargescale.com
sounds good!! anyone have any scte wheel/tires i could borrow? all i have are slash wheels. stick out just past the fenders. lt me know.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:59 PM
Tech Master

Default tires

Originally Posted by gmplus3
sounds good!! anyone have any scte wheel/tires i could borrow? all i have are slash wheels. stick out just past the fenders. lt me know.

Gotcha covered.
see ya sunday.