Community
Wiki Posts
Search

~~Thumptown RC~~Singers Hobbies~~ Wellsboro,PA

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 03:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jerkyb2k3
Well, I guess to a point then I'm glad I can't make it. Worked late and would have put me there well past 7:30. Sunday perhaps.
All good
Old 07-21-2010, 08:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hoovdog
I gave Jerry a call yesterday afternoon and have a few bits of information. I think Len covered some of this in their thread but here it goes:

They use an AMB system but they do not have house transponders. I have talked to Doug about this and I believe we could arrange something for members who do not own personals.

They typically run 8th scale buggy and truggy with little SC showing. That's ok because they are more than willing to accommodate the class. Jerry claimed some of their jumps are too much for SC but ours are too so no worries. I believe we've all seen the track images and I don't see any concern with running SC.

They do not have electric but there is a generator on hand if needed. Once again, sounds familiar and we can manage.

Sunday is their race day as well. General schedule is 10-1 for setup/practice and racing immediately follows. I forgot to ask about costs but I hope Len can fill in the information gaps. We also can talk to him this Sunday as he and another are visiting our track. He may even have a few others tag along.
10 to 15 bucks for registration. Ran it tonight, nice track! Hope we can get something going with these guys. Very good guys to deal with. They are like us at Thumptown, trying to get people. This could be a good thing and it's not that far for any of us I dont think.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joey91473
10 to 15 bucks for registration. Ran it tonight, nice track! Hope we can get something going with these guys. Very good guys to deal with. They are like us at Thumptown, trying to get people. This could be a good thing and it's not that far for any of us I dont think.
That's the hope and attitude of most here I believe. The distance isn't that far in terms of RC racing. I think for those of us that really enjoy this hobby, we should be very thankful for good tracks close in vicinity and take FULL advantage of it.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:16 PM
Tech Adept

Default THUMPTOWN RC RACEWAY

That's the hope and attitude of most here I believe. The distance isn't that far in terms of RC racing. I think for those of us that really enjoy this hobby, we should be very thankful for good tracks close in vicinity and take FULL advantage of it.
Well put Brett.

I look forward to meeting Jerry and all the guys and see if can get something going between the 2 tracks and get more people involved in the sport.

Doug
Old 07-22-2010, 12:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Thump Town Raceway Pace Truck

I did a Thump Town Raceway logo truck body, stop over to see it in person at Singers Hobbies

let me know what you think
Old 07-22-2010, 12:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Looks really good Chris. Just don't let Doug drive with it.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Looks awesome, Chris!
Old 07-22-2010, 12:53 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks Guys !
It's on display at the Hobby shop for a while. When i first got the email with that logo I knew where it need to go ! Superstars in Blossburg has it saved if any one want's any,They are around $6 each they can do inside or outside of the body, The logo's on the body are on the inside, only out side ones are the 442, Wellsboro,PA, Traxxas one, Racing and of course the decals that came with the body. looks awesome in person

Last edited by Oggie442; 07-22-2010 at 01:07 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 03:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

let me know what you think[/QUOTE]

Looks awesome! Good job
Old 07-22-2010, 03:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

That paint job looks awesome!!!! I will have to check it out at the store.
Old 07-22-2010, 03:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Chicken BBQ

Chris - Were you able to find anything out about the concrete blocks?

I got the tickets printed today, paper wise only thing left is to make an excel spreadsheet for their information. I do have some numbers that I'll be calling tomorrow to see about BBQ pits . If there is a race held Sunday "pray it rains " we should discuss dates, prices and get selling from there. Also Sunday we can discuss some other ideas that will benefit the track and its racers!

Thanks everyone for your help, I am hoping we can get a great turn out for this and hold another one before the year is over!
Helen.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:21 PM
Tech Addict

[QUOTE=Mrs. Hoovdog;
Chris - Were you able to find anything out about the concrete blocks?

I talked to him the other day and haven't heard back from him, I will stop tomorrow and see if he has any yet.
Chris
Old 07-22-2010, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Chris,
The paint job is looking good! Well done!!
Old 07-23-2010, 03:31 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Gearhead racer

Chris,
The paint job is looking good! Well done!!
thanks !

let me know when everyone is going to this other track, I will see if I can get off work that day

RAIN Woo Hoo !!!!!!
Old 07-23-2010, 05:53 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oggie442
thanks !

let me know when everyone is going to this other track, I will see if I can get off work that day

RAIN Woo Hoo !!!!!!
You said it chris!! Thankfully a little rain . Hopefully it's enough to replenish our water supply for a bit. Hoping I can come out Saturday to lend a hand with the track after work.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.