Bumps and Jumps 09/10 offroad season

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bumps and Jumps 09/10 offroad season

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 09:02 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

just get the b4 ready b and come out and relax.

R
Old 10-28-2009, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 162 (100%+)

I think the whole parts interchange is going to ruin it like chris says. If I have to buy the slash tires and mount them on strike rims, that defeats the whole purpose of keeping the cost down, and making it right out of the box spec.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

so while everyone is thinking of the SC trucks, i'm just curious to see how many people think that (excluding spec slash!!!!) SC trucks are actually fun to drive on an off-road style track as opposed to a flat track, either oval or tt style?
Old 10-28-2009, 09:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

So my son MUST have a SLASH to run stock?
Old 10-28-2009, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 162 (100%+)

SC trucks are an absolute Blast!! Fun to drive, and fun to race. You can really rub wheels in this class and its alot less serious (I Hope) than running something with open wheels.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

deleted
Old 10-28-2009, 10:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cj50
So my son MUST have a SLASH to run stock?
No, from what i know the (Stock) SCT class consist of...

Traxxas Slash
Associated SC10
Losi Strike
HPI Blitz
Old 10-28-2009, 11:10 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
just get the b4 ready b and come out and relax.

R
Sold it. I don't know what I'm going to do. I think I'm just going to take some time off and just help out at the shop and thats it. If racing hits me then I will just buy something to run and if not no big deal.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:14 AM
Tech Regular

wow brian flustered never thought i'd see the day
Old 10-28-2009, 11:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by TomTomTuning
No, from what i know the (Stock) SCT class consist of...

Traxxas Slash
Associated SC10
Losi Strike
HPI Blitz
Not the way i read the rules so now i must buy a slash so he can run stock??? can someone explain this please
Old 10-28-2009, 11:23 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by thhrc
wow brian flustered never thought i'd see the day
You know I put up with alot over the 25 years and dished it out alot over the 25 years but these stupid SCT trucks are causing more headaches than is worth it to me.

I have two Slash trucks for sale. Once Spec and one with Alum shocks. Just add a receiver and your race ready. 115 for the first one and 135 for the one with the new 50 dollar alum shocks on it. 1st one is the one I TQ'ed and won with this weekend. Just shoot me a PM if you want them or both of them. I will be at the shop tonight if you want to pick them up or want to look at them.

Oh Luke the Losi wasn't too bad. Just need the one front shock with new o rings or a shock shaft not 100% on what it needs but no matter what oil I put in it the shock moves 1/2 as fast as the other one. Once that is fixed I think with a little TLC I can make this truck pretty good. Oh the new CVD's worked perfect.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

So since I have a Blitz, what class am I able to run in? The way it sounds now is that I have to run in Mod SCT class. I'm planning on coming up and racing on the 8th so before I touch the truck, I'd like to know what I have to do to it if anything. I would much rather have a box stock class to run in so I don't have to spend a bunch of money. I think we should be able to run any stock truck in that class as long as we keep them box stock. We shouldn't be able to switch parts between the trucks because right now I feel as if the Slash is the best overall truck. I think the stock tires on the sc10 and the blitz hurt them and make up for the better handling they might have so if you put the slash tires on them, they would probably have an advantage over the other trucks which wouldn't be fair. I really feel if all the trucks were ran in stock form, it still comes down to the driver. Last year, Hara won the 8th scale worlds with a Hot Bodies D8. I aint crackin on the buggy, but I don't think it is on the same level as the Losi, AE, Kyosho, Xray. Some people can whip your ass while driving a Tyco Turbo Hopper!

As long as it doesn't cost me a fortune to run in SCT, I will race whatever you guys say. I'm sure everybody got into this class because they wanted to race in a laid back, low cost class just as I did.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I'm lost.. 8-(

Can you Quote what part made you believe that only slashes are allowed in Stock SCT?

The only thing i read was, parts between the trucks wont be interchangeable.

Originally Posted by thhrc
Here are some rules that the local tracks have come up with.

It was an effort to maintain the current pec Slash class and not exclude the new trucks.

Stock RTR Spec SCT Class Rules

(Traxxas Slash, Associated SC10, Team Losi Strike, HPI Racing Blitz)

1. Batteries - Any 6-Cell Nickel based (NO 7 cells) or 2S (7.4v) LiPo

2. Body - Any SCT style body (NO BAJA BUG bodies)

3. Chassis - Stock chassis only. No modifications that will effect suspension/steering geometry (TRUCKS MUST OBTAIN FULL FRONT AN REAR BUMPERS)

4. Differential – Stock Gear diff only (NO BALL DIFFS-NO LOCKERS)

5. Drivetrain - Must retain stock drivetrain. (NO CVD'S!!!) None of the RTR's come with CVD's

6. ESC – Stock RTR ESC'S only (RTR ELECTRONICS MAYBE BE INTERCHANGED BETWEEN MANUFACTURERS)

7. Gearing (Spur/Pinion) – Any spur/pinion that will fit without modification.

8. Motor – Stock (RTR version) (RTR MOTOR'S MAYBE BE INTERCHANGED BETWEEN MANUFACTURERS)

9. Radio - Stock or Aftermarket

10. Receiver - Stock or Aftermarket

11. Servo - STOCK ONLY!!!! (ONLY RTR SERVO'S MAYBE BE INTERCHANGED BETWEEN MANUFACTURERS)

12. Suspension - Stock springs only. Shocks may not be interchanged between manufaturers! You may use any oil in the shock. (NO SWAY BARS!!! TRAXXAS MAY RUN OPTIONAL ALUMINUM SHOCK CAPS. NO EXTRA HOLES MAY BE DRILLED FOR NEW CAMBER LINK OR SHOCK POSITIONING)

13. Tires – Stock SCT tires only (RTR TIRES ONLY MAYBE BE INTERCHANGED BETWEEN MANUFACTURERS) NO BOW TIES, SWITCHES, GOOSEBUMPS, OR SLICKS!!! ALL TIRES MUST HAVE TREAD SHOWING. NO SIPING OR MODIFICATIONS TO THE TIRE TREAD PATTERNS PERMITTED. YOU MAY RUN ANY FOAM OF CHOICE THOUGH SINCE NO 2 MANUFACTURERS FOAMS ARE THE SAME)

14. Wheels – Stock SCT wheels only (MUST RUN THE CORRECT MANUFACTURERS WHEEL FOR YOUR TRUCK. TRAXXAS/TRAXXAS, AE/AE, HPI/ HPI/, LOSI/LOSI.... NO MODIFICATIONS TO ALTER STOCK OFFSET!!!)

15. Weight (NO MODIFICATIONS ALLOWED TO INTENTIONALLY LOWER ANY TRUCKS WEIGHT, ALTHOUGH YOU ARE ALLOWED TO ADD WEIGHT...)

16. Must be 2wd only

RACE FORMAT WILL BE RAN AS IFMAR QUALIFYING. NO HEADS UP STARTS. QUALIFIERS TO BE 5 MINUTES. 7 MINUTES A-MAINS WITH ALL LOWER MAINS BEING 5 MINUTES

I feel this is the best set of rules to run buy if you are going to be running all Spec SCT. I feel that no one truck has any advantage. But I do not want to have to go out and spend another 100 dollars on tires for me and my son.
I spoke with Jimmy last night about this and told him about these rules and he really seemed to like them. Lets keep it the way it is suppose to be a spec class. copied from a post by bob moore a few months ago these rules could work but its chris's sandbox his choice
Originally Posted by chris mckinney
yes we have bodies and motors in stock

I do not like a few of the rules
I don't like the parts being interchangeable
the blitz is probably the slowest but throw a slash motor in and slash tires on it and will be much better than the slash, now you have just alienated the 30 slash guys and they will stop showing up.
Not good for the racers or me.
Allowing the parts to be interchangeable is racing suicide - the thing that has made this class so successful is the fact that it is cheap - by allowing all these mods, it is no longer cheap. 95% of all the cars in this class are slash's. I am not willing to make one of them mad. This class was perfect last year, and I am willing to look at allowing other cars to run in the slash spec class but not if one of them has the perception that they can't win because there stock slash is uncompetitive. If people want to go faster there is the mod class where all these modifications can be done. I am also wondering about a pro slash class. For people like Reigle, Frymyer, Shaffer, etc. I don't want people showing up thinking they are running for 6th place after all the pro's take the top spots. What are all your thoughts on that?
Originally Posted by cj50
Not the way i read the rules so now i must buy a slash so he can run stock??? can someone explain this please
The "rules" that was posted up by thhrc (luke) aren't official, more of a suggestion that he has notice other tracks run.

chris mckinney = Head huncho, didnt agree on those rules.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
We could always run 2 spec sct classes. The all Slash spec class and then a Pro Spec which is no more than any stock sct of any brand run in this class.

Keep them all stock for both classes.

While the SCT class is a great new thing for racing and brought in alot of new racers it causes alot of headaches for track owners. Now this area many of the tracks allow all to run together. As I read the interenet though many tracks just run SCT with pretty much ROAR rules and it is more of an open class. Then some tracks run in between those two classes. What a total PITA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God I never thought I would say this but the oval racing is looking better all the time. God just shoot me for that statement. I think 2wd mod buggy looks good to as it is simple rules. Buggy, lipo, brushless. No wonder 1/8 scale grows every year. 2 classes (buggy or truggy)

As you can see this creates a huge problem for tracks. Only nice thing about running a ROAR rules type SCT class is you only need one class instead of running two or three classes thus water the field down.

I'm lost what to do because no matter what you try people won't be happy. Hmm shades of touring car all over that I just left for that very reason.

My head hurts so I'm outta here for a few hours because my head can't take it anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!
Brian ,your effort is being noticed! I thank you for taking this deal on as it has so many pro's and con's no matter how things pan out. There is 1 thing that I have wondered is that if a guy has a blitz,strike, sc10 they want slash tires,motor,esc. Why not just have bought a slash? Because they want the best of all in one truck.yes? Keeping that in mind,why are slash guys not allowed to put good[AE]/aluminum shocks on thier truck? Just a thought... Just run all stock rtr kit with no exceptions and a modded[open] class.???? Lots of people are keeping a eye to see how this works out. I thank you all again for the effort and will stay tuned to see how it goes. Looking forward to making a few trips down over the winter to race with you again.

With everyone wanting to change this and that out why did mod truck class ever drop off around the country ???????
Old 10-28-2009, 11:59 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by PADIRTLMJUNKIE
Brian ,your effort is being noticed! I thank you for taking this deal on as it has so many pro's and con's no matter how things pan out. There is 1 thing that I have wondered is that if a guy has a blitz,strike, sc10 they want slash tires,motor,esc. Why not just have bought a slash? Because they want the best of all in one truck.yes? Keeping that in mind,why are slash guys not allowed to put good[AE]/aluminum shocks on thier truck? Just a thought... Just run all stock rtr kit with no exceptions and a modded[open] class.???? Lots of people are keeping a eye to see how this works out. I thank you all again for the effort and will stay tuned to see how it goes. Looking forward to making a few trips down over the winter to race with you again.

With everyone wanting to change this and that out why did mod truck class ever drop off around the country ???????
Thanks. Its just way too much effort for the return........(A giant headache with no one happy) so I will just sit back and whatever is decided on by Chris is what we are going to run. Like I said I will never be a track director. Racers all want a place to go and can't understand why their favorite track closes til its too late.

I like running all the brands together but we all know as soon as someone kicks my ass with a non Slash SCT in the Spec class then all the regulars that have Slashes and supported Bumps and Jumps from day one in the Slash class will either quit racing or feel they need to buy another brand truck to try to keep up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.