Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bumps and Jumps 09/10 offroad season

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 06:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Turnout was amazing I was glad to see so many 8th scale guys, wish I had brought my truggy!

Now if my insurance company doesn't kill me on the little incident from the parking lot (if you hit a blue Subaru, that was me) I'll be back to race!

Jake
Old 10-19-2009, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I hope I make it back often too Dan. I was thinking about whether I should get a SCT or 2wd mod all the way home.....all I figured out for sure is I need more money....a lot more
Old 10-19-2009, 08:16 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by PTP Racing
I hope I make it back often too Dan. I was thinking about whether I should get a SCT or 2wd mod all the way home.....all I figured out for sure is I need more money....a lot more
you know what i say.... 2wd mod, but i would have fun watching you in the SCT class, lol
Old 10-19-2009, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

I am leaning that way. From talking to the SC10 owners yesterday it seemed like it would be the same cost either way and I would have to run the smaller mod class by the time I was done since there are a couple items that would need to be changed out from the rtr version to make it work.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 162 (100%+)

Had a blast yesterday. Track was fun and racing was tight.

Dan & Jason- Nice racing with you guys yesterday, it was intense. That electric buggy is insane fast. Hope to make it up there a couple of times before the Classic to Run.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Had a blast racing yesterday! I never thought that 2wd mod buggy was so hard to race! I got my B4 6 years ago to race 1 time and haven't touched it till yesterday and when I did race it 6 years ago, I had alot more traction then. It took awhile for me to get used to it, but as the day went on, I was getting the hang of it. I couldn't imagine what it would be like to run it with anything lower than a 10.5 BL! I think Brian and I are planning on coming back up the first points race and I can't wait! Like I said yesterday Brian, you better bask in the glory now because next time we go up, I'm gonna lay the smack down on you in spec slash! If I can't do it by out running you, I will have to do it with the bumper! You better hope that Blitz is durable! HaHa!
Old 10-19-2009, 09:32 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I know Chris, me and all the guys that work or help out at Bumps really glad everyone is so positive about the racing. It really makes you want to go to the shop and try ot make things even more fun for the racers. The oval guys where just as positive.

2wd mod is insane. Its like running a touring car with less traction and the track it rough. Things happen very fast thats for sure. I need to get mine back up and running so I can test out the new Castle Mamba Max Pro sensored speedo. It has so many things I can adjust on it that its kinda scary.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:13 PM
Tech Elite

Dan are you racing this weekend? I am pretty sure I can make it if you wanna rematch.

Ive been shopping and I'm gonna need to find something used or hit the lotto to do electric. Anyone got a B4 they wanna sell?
Old 10-19-2009, 12:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I am going to try and make it back out Sunday. I mentioned it to the GF and she wasnt to happy. So i dont know yet. LOL

Last edited by TomTomTuning; 10-19-2009 at 12:29 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:19 PM
Tech Addict

Yeah Jason, i'll be there, let's do it again..
Old 10-19-2009, 01:44 PM
Tech Elite

Ok, sounds good. I am pretty certain I will be there.

If I was gonna build a 2wd mod what motor should I be looking to get?
Old 10-19-2009, 01:48 PM
Tech Addict

i'm running an 8.5, it has enough power.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:55 PM
Tech Regular

Brian & Chris,

The place looks great. All the pit tables being black looks sharp. The track was super technical and really fun to drive. I'm glad there wasn't too much complaining about the BLITZ. It handled really well in transition and flew through the air with ease. I know it has a little more to pull out and with WYD, Bob Moore, Pat, and possibly Schaffer racing in the next few weeks, I know I'll need to get it 100%. Some may think that by the results I totally dominated, but as Brian said, there was wreck after wreck after wreck that kept Pat and the others so far behind. If 2nd-5th would have had a clean start, the outcome may have been different, but who knows!?!? The main thing that every other short course racer needs to remember is that no matter what truck you drive, changing trucks WILL NOT take you from the B main to the A main. WYD knows how hard I had to fight the truck with traction issues and the ESC not having a reverse lockout.

I hope to see attenance even higher in the next few weeks. It was really high for opening day but I know there are more faces to show up as I didn't see a lot from last season.

Demon Dog,

The only thing I have to worry about is how to shut you up on the ride up and back. Dude, if your car moved as fast as your mouth, then and only then, would I be worried about you on the track. Tell your Mom I said Hi

Dan,

Congrats on your 2wd win. You ran great. Thanks for supporting and representing SMC so well. We are glad to have you on the team.

Bryan
Old 10-19-2009, 02:10 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

think in 2wd, 1st was 8.5, 2nd was 5700, and 3rd was 13.5 . pick ur poison, but pick wisely.

normally i would have SMC batts, but at time i needed batts couple wks back every1 was outta stock. so i had to buy 1 from some1 else and shave bumps off an old reedy to put in the slash. oh well. whateva keeps em runnin.

perhaps it'd help the top 3 or whateva in the SMASH class if the race announcer, whether logan, chris, brian, etc to call out the top 3 and help with traffic. many racers in that class are relatively new and need to learn the concept of moving over and not using the leader for a brake or a ramp. there's no reason why a very good driver should lose an entire lap in the last 2laps b/c people keep crashing into him and each other. how he only dropped 2 spots is a surprise in itself. but then again thats how far ahead of the pack he was. reason enuff to help drivers learn some etiquette out there, we all know how karma works.

R
Old 10-19-2009, 02:13 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

btw reigle, i'll be up 2mrw nite for practice. helpin new b4 owner get used to no noise and only 2 wheels pullin.

R

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.