Bumps and Jumps 09/10 offroad season

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bumps and Jumps 09/10 offroad season

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 06:12 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

well i'll be there come sunday. put a reserve on my normal pit reigle ha.

R
Old 10-12-2009, 03:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

I will be racing my B4 Sunday. Has been a long time since I've ran 2wd buggy, so you guys take it easy on me! Could anyone tell me what a good starting point is for set up? Also, I'm running a 10.5 BL. Could someone tell me a good starting gear ratio? Can't wait to race Sunday!
Old 10-12-2009, 06:12 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by demondog
I will be racing my B4 Sunday. Has been a long time since I've ran 2wd buggy, so you guys take it easy on me! Could anyone tell me what a good starting point is for set up? Also, I'm running a 10.5 BL. Could someone tell me a good starting gear ratio? Can't wait to race Sunday!
Gearing I would start with a 26 to a 28 tooth with a 78 spur. Should be in the ball park. Just check your temp to be sure.

A stock setup for medium traction with Pink 7206's up front and either Pink BK Bars, the new Proline Suburbs, or J Concepts Gold Bar Codes work best for the rear. BK Bars if you don't want to try a bunch of tires as they always work.

Front Pink Tapers works well as do Gold Bar Codes.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:17 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
well i'll be there come sunday. put a reserve on my normal pit reigle ha.

R
Well the upstairs is alot different now but the normal spots are available with a few more rows added. Wait to you see it. Its awesome looking. THink the last thing left upstairs to do is paint the floor. All other stuff is or very close to being finished. The last thing that is not a need to do thing upstairs will be to paint the window frames and scrape a little overspray off the windows.

Downstairs in the shop I will be working on finishing getting the parts all put away and straightened up. The Associated area will be easy but the Losi stuff is all in boxes and is a total mess right now.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm still here Chris. I didnt get to race much last winter because of money and my sons basketball schedule. Not sure whats going to happen this winter because basketball hasnt started yet but I am hoping to make it up there more than I did last year. Your track is top notch. I am really impressed every year when I make a trip up there with all the upgrades you have made.

I'm not certain if I'll be able to get a short course truck but I would like to. I am glad to hear your going to allow the other trucks to run in the spec class. Your rules sound pretty fair. I might go for the mod class though if I can get some money together. Ive got a lot to think about. I will be there at some point. You are still alllowing us crazy 1/8th scale guys to race arent you?
Old 10-12-2009, 11:30 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Jason the crazy 1/8th scales are still cool to run. That is still one of the standard classes if the racers show up for it. I think we would still run the 1/8th nitro and 1/8th electric together unless we have a large turnout with enough to separate them. No one had a problem when we ran them together last year so I don't think it would be a problem this year.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:50 PM
Tech Elite

Cool.

I guess its a little too soon to get the scoop on the best short course equipment for Bumps and Jumps huh?

I'm leaning towards getting a RTR SC10 and then upgrading from there for the open class. I hear the 17t motor hangs with the Slashs 12t pretty well but wonder about the tires.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:52 PM
Tech Elite

Are lipos allowed in the stock CORR class?
Old 10-12-2009, 03:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default slash oval

Did i read it right???? there is going to be a slash oval class?
Old 10-12-2009, 04:19 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

2s lipos are legal. but i think he has a mah limit or cost initiative on his site. the smc 4000mah 24c pack for 60bux or whateva is the bargain anyway.

R
Old 10-12-2009, 07:57 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by PTP Racing
Cool.

I guess its a little too soon to get the scoop on the best short course equipment for Bumps and Jumps huh?

I'm leaning towards getting a RTR SC10 and then upgrading from there for the open class. I hear the 17t motor hangs with the Slashs 12t pretty well but wonder about the tires.
The SC10 would make a great mod truck with no problems. The stock motor runs just fine out of the box. Just add oil to the bushings and a drop or two of comm drops and its ready to go. Not sure how the stock tires will be at Bumps but they suck in the dry outdoors thats for sure but the Losi Strike tires suck even more is that is possible in the dry. So far it is the worst of the SCT trucks in stock form. It looks great but thats where it ends.

Its hard to tell but in open SCT any of the trucks can be made to work. Any of the stock trucks would get better by just adding a good set of Proline Bow Tie tires or J Concepts Goose Bumps. I think the BowTies will be better on the clay.

Any 2 cell 7.4volt lipo is legal.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:01 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by prsjdsx1cr
Did i read it right???? there is going to be a slash oval class?
To the best of my knowledge they are going to run them on Saturdays on oval race day.

As for the Slash in general most guys run the Yeah Racing 5000 mah lipo. Proven to be super reliable, cheap, and fit great into the truck. Best bang lipo IMO for the Spec class. Also the Yeah 4000 is a great pack also. We sold a ton of these batteries and have no problems with them what so ever.

The SMC 4100 24C packs also work great. I have ran both brands and they work flawlessly. Can't go wrong with either brand.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:42 AM
Tech Elite

Any idea how well soft City Blocks would work on a 1/8th buggy? Thats all I have for tires right now.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:15 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by PTP Racing
Any idea how well soft City Blocks would work on a 1/8th buggy? Thats all I have for tires right now.
Well for your 1/8th I would think as long as the trread pattern doesn't have large stud type pins then I would think they will work for you. If they are roughly the same height as a bowtie or lower then I have to think you can wheel it pretty good.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

They are an odd tread pattern but have proven to work great on many types of surfaces so far. Its like smaller pegs on top of bars. Ive got a couple used sets that I think might work really well and I went ahead and ordered a set of Grid Irons which are a small pin design.

Ive got some stuff I need to do this weekend. Hopefully I will get it done Saturday so I can make it up to race Sunday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.