Wiki Posts
Search

LCRC Racway - Oakland Mills, PA *NEW TRACK*

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kaneye2
BTW, where can I find the pictures that were taken from yesterday's club race?. I was given the website, but I forgot it. Thanks to anyone that can help.

Also if I can offer my .02 about the track, I would say don't change a single thing!. I absolutely love the layout.

Phil
I'm not sure, but I don't believe the pictures are uploaded yet. They usually put them on Facebook though. If they have been uploaded, I would like the link too.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tyler350
Great day yesterday. Will hopefully be back for the October 30th race. Always a great time here. As for the step up, Maybe make the landing longer. I noticed yesterday, most people would jump to far, and hit the wall, making it hard to marshal. Then, if they didn't want to over jump, they wouldn't have enough. It was definitely a tough spot to get right, which some people may enjoy. It could definitely mess up lap times. Another thing is, the peaked jump, I believe that could be a little smaller. Most people were over jumping the down slope, and that jump being as big as it is creates a blind spot on the left side of the stand on the backstretch. Especially for Brent, all the way on the left. Other than that, the track was great, the new changes were fun. Look forward to October 30th!
I would have to agree with Tyler on the blind spot issue. I cannot see over the the bigger jump at all, however the rest of the track is perfect, I wouldn't change anything!! Regretfully, I will not be able to make it for the 30th as I have prior commitments. I will be back next year or whenever your next race is. I love lcrc and plan on being there regularly in 2011!!
Old 10-11-2010, 06:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)

Love the track , best i ran on all season.. Just take your skid loader and push the drivers stand down about 20 feet so the track is centered. If you wernt driving from the computer end it was hard to see the cars on the ant hills, but not impossiable . I think positions on stand should be picked by qualifying position, so first guy in line would be TQ and so on. Aside from that that was an awesome club race, reminds me of Mimis all the fast guys showing up in one spot just for a club race, sweet deal. Makes everyone faster that way and you can learn alot from the upper drivers. Wish you were closer..
Old 10-11-2010, 08:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks for the input on the track. I still don't know what I'm gonna do about the step up but I already plan to cut the top off the big jump in the middle to get rid of the little blind spot. The big jump shoots you too high and too far as it is so if I cut it down it won't hurt anything. I'm also going to change the entrance to the front straight as well, making it more user friendly.

It was a pleasure to meet Phil, Jason and Kyle as well as the other new racers that were here for the first time. I also would like to thank all of the regulars that have supported LCRC all summer. I look forward to seeing you all back for the Holloween Classic Oct 30th.

Pictures will be up this afternoon and the results will be posted later this week.

Kevin.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Here are the results
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
R4_Race_01_SCT_A-Main.pdf (25.5 KB, 101 views)
R4_Race_04_Mod SCT_A-Main.pdf (24.5 KB, 93 views)
R4_Race_05_1-8 Buggy_A-Main.pdf (36.1 KB, 123 views)
Old 10-11-2010, 10:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Here's the E-Buggy Main

Great Race Day!!! See everyone the 30th. Ill be in my costume
Attached Files
Old 10-11-2010, 11:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kaneye2
For the past few weeks since the Race For The Cure at McCullough's, I told myself that it was THE best track and one of THE best races that I had been to all season. Well after running LCRC, I have to say that M'Cullough's is now my SECOND best race of the season ( a very CLOSE second I must say). LCRC encompasses everything that RC racing should be. A great group of people who put the racing program together, an absolutely SICK layout, great competition, clean "drama-free" racing, and some of the most hospitable, warm, and down-to-earth racers in the region. I had a really good time with you all yesterday, even though I was plagued once again by the dreaded "RC Gremlins". Hey, it happens, and I just roll with it; all a part of racing right?. You all are some of the best people that I have met since I started racing in this region, and I trust that I made a handful of new friends yesterday. It was nice to chat with a bunch of you after racing was over, as well as during the day. LCRC is exactly what other tracks in the region should emmulate. I will defintely be back, maybe for the race at the end of the month (God Willing). What a great day!. Take care all of you until we see each other again.

Phil Sanders (White O'Donnell SG Buggy)
phil,
you are right..lcrc is just awesome.....
it was nice chatting with you..look forward to it again on the 30th if ya come out to play...
Old 10-11-2010, 01:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Kevin, Thanks for the results

not to step on anyones toes but i feel the track is perfect, its a track that is fast and technical all in one as far as the step up maybe fill the center a little and make it a uphill tabletop for the sct's and for someone not sure if they want to go for it i stood pretty much in the middle of the drivers stand and had little issues with seeing any part of the track except the jump on the backstretch but then i just lined up and when i saw my car in the air i knew i hit it i have seen alot of tracks that have worst blind spots and that is what makes it challenging.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)

Originally Posted by Kash$
Love the track , best i ran on all season.. Just take your skid loader and push the drivers stand down about 20 feet so the track is centered. If you wernt driving from the computer end it was hard to see the cars on the ant hills, but not impossiable . I think positions on stand should be picked by qualifying position, so first guy in line would be TQ and so on. Aside from that that was an awesome club race, reminds me of Mimis all the fast guys showing up in one spot just for a club race, sweet deal. Makes everyone faster that way and you can learn alot from the upper drivers. Wish you were closer..
I messed that up, it was hard to see from the wheel chair end thats where me and Ed had to run the main from. The computer side was good you could see everything. Lol, damm yeah should have proof read that last post. Me and Ed where practically standing on Daugherty in his pit area..
Old 10-11-2010, 08:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The track is definately spot on! That up hill whoop section was a lot of fun and jumps were consistant all day.

I was with Kash on the furthest left of the drivers stand in the main and I really struggled on the back stretch. Maybe moving the scoring table to other side of the drivers stand might help.

But, I didnt do any practice laps on the far left side of the drivers stand either, which was a miscalculation on my part.

I'll be doing practice laps on both ends of the stand for the next race.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Tuesday night practice

Tuesday night practice is on, 5 to 10pm. The track is looking really good.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Killer surface tonight! The Barn for Sunday. Its their big last race blow out. Posse up! 3 weekends left for outdoor........
Old 10-13-2010, 01:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rallyebmx
Killer surface tonight! The Barn for Sunday. Its their big last race blow out. Posse up! 3 weekends left for outdoor........
I can't do sundays or i would certainly be at the barn, great track and people. The surface at lcrc tonight was the best i've seen on any track. Truggy was a rip with the Clockwork B5. Gonna put a more aggressive clutch on it as Neal suggests, i guess. Couldn't get the JP to tune tonight, swapped to my speed and it broke a rod warming up on the box, damn! The buggy was a black cat tonight. I've had at least one speed for 4 yrs, now none. Love them, but i'm done with $450 engines.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Video

Here is a link to the video of Kevin's truck running on the layout from a month ago.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Thats an awesome vid^ When you watch it, you have to give body english and tilt your head when you go around Daytona Its just necessary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.