R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Track Locator Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum-37/)
-   -   LCRC Racway - Oakland Mills, PA *NEW TRACK* (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum/321302-lcrc-racway-oakland-mills-pa-%2Anew-track%2A.html)

hambone 09-08-2009 11:05 AM

Anybody heading out tonight? I would like to check it out.

Nighthawk 09-08-2009 02:50 PM

tuesdays

i probably wont be out for much weeknight fun anymore,
getting darker sooner, it's an extra 15-20 min drive from here, which leaves about an hour and 15 mins to setup and run.
wish i got off work earlyer,
will see you guys one the 26th!! :)

Isaac

lcrc_raceway 09-09-2009 02:54 AM

We have some tables now, more on the way. Electric is on site. For our first big race on the 26th of this month we will have some EZ ups, tables and electric all setup and ready to go for the guys that need. I'm also getting a food truck to come in for the day so we have on site eats.

I have plans to build a pit area in the spring which will include a roof over the driver's stand. I also am going to solve the problem of "running out of daylight" by putting lights up. I have the lights already, just need to get the poles in the ground. I don't know if I can pull it off anymore this fall but I promise by the time the weather breaks in the spring the short days won't be a problem.

Thanks to everyone for coming out, and thanks to Rob for the setup help!

jmackani 09-09-2009 05:00 AM

Kevin,

One other thing you might want to think about. A raised pit lane for refueling.

squatchy2009 09-09-2009 05:21 AM

sounds good man:nod:

morris 09-09-2009 03:54 PM

mini series thread is up...check it out guys

Nighthawk 09-09-2009 04:25 PM

mini series

so the 1st big race here is going to be the series race then?,

Also, how did last night go? you guys have a good time, and how'z the new section?? any pics yet? realy love to see it!! :)

Isaac

jmackani 09-09-2009 04:49 PM

Rob and I made it last night with a few others that I can't remember everyone's names. Mitch and Matt I believe were their names. Track is really nice. New section added on the left side of track had some nice moist dirt and hooked up really well. The back corner of it caused a blind spot coming up into the back stretch that they are going to re-work.

Nighthawk 09-09-2009 04:53 PM

siicckk

thats Awsome, cant wait to get back out there, i love that place!

lcrc_raceway 09-10-2009 02:37 AM

Jason,

Raised pit road is coming, I figured that in, along the front stretch directly infront of the driver's stand. We will have a 5ft walk way and a 3ft wooden drive on, drive off pit road. I don't know if it will be done in time for the 26th or not, it kinda got put on the back burner for some of the other track stuff.

Isaac,

Tuesday went well, more new faces and a few regulars. I know the daylight is becoming a concern, I hope to solve that issue in the future. The new section isn't exactly picture worthy just yet, I stuggled with time on Tuesday and didn't get it to turn out nearly like I wanted. I promise by next Tuesday we will have it headed in the right direction. I plan to work on the track on Sunday afternoon and evening, if anyone wants to come over and run the old section while I'm working on the new part just hit me up at [email protected] and I'll give you some details, it would just be open practice.

Mini series,

We are very excited to be a part of this new series! Matt has put together some really good ideas on points and payout for the series that I think everyone will like. If anyone has any questions about the series you can hit us up on here or contact me at [email protected]. Hope to see you here!

Nighthawk 09-10-2009 05:00 AM

just a tip

b4 you build that ramp pit,, you realy should go atleast 4 foot wide if your planning to race truggys there. 3 realy isnt enough.

Isaac

squatchy2009 09-10-2009 06:28 AM

anyone gunna be racing slash on the 26th? let me know cuz i need to know what cars to bring. We atleast need three for a race:smile:

jmackani 09-10-2009 08:40 AM

My son will have a slash. I think Isaac's wife or girlfriend, not sure which one, runs also. With you that should be 3.

rallyebmx 09-10-2009 11:42 AM

There are at least 3 serious Slash guys from Altoona that will probably be coming.

Nighthawk 09-10-2009 02:49 PM

the 26th

Originally Posted by jmackani (Post 6325936)
My son will have a slash. I think Isaac's wife or girlfriend, not sure which one, runs also. With you that should be 3.

The girlfriend wont be making it the 26th, but my wife should be there to run! :) hahahaha.

actuly im not sure if she will be or not, if not i will bring it and run it with the "stock, non-pink" body, if needed to be in for enough to run.

Isaac