Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Courtney Marine Corps Base Off-Road Track Okinawa Japan

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 04:49 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by igyrigged
2 dump trucks full of dirt were dropped and spread today. If they can get more from the same place they are gonna run 2-4 more tomorrow.
Yup, and the best part is that the dirt is actually very, very good - not to many rocks at all, and very clay-like. Ken would be happy.

Now lets hope they can get more of it.

- Paulie
Old 10-27-2009, 07:45 AM
Tech Adept

P I C T U R E S

you guys are KILLING me....I can't wait to see how it looks and hope all are happy with the result so far.

Thank you all for the hard work, and time spent over the weekend...

I hope someone is taking pics of the progress for an article, etc,

Robert
Old 10-27-2009, 03:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Paulie said he didn't know how to use his phone camera...

I'm sure Iggy can get some pics, I won't be able to get up there till tomorrow.

I've got about 40 rebar stakes cut so far for layout when the base dirt is down.

Iggy also has a new layout for the 1/10 track and we need to mark the perimeter for that.

I have a slight lead on a riding mower that a church has that may or may not need engine work, could just be the deck is bad and we don't need that. But we could use a section of chainlink fence for dragging...
Old 10-27-2009, 06:44 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by chemfrk
P I C T U R E S

you guys are KILLING me....I can't wait to see how it looks and hope all are happy with the result so far.

Thank you all for the hard work, and time spent over the weekend...

I hope someone is taking pics of the progress for an article, etc,

Robert
I know how to use my phone camera Jon, but the pics woudl not be news-article worthy. Honestly there is NOTHING TO SEE at the moment. The 2 dirt loads they brought yesterday don't even fully cover the asphalt. When we get more of a base coat to cover the area, we can start actually forming the track. Right now, they just need to get dirt on it.

I guess we could have taken take pics of them dumping dirt for a news article, but I wasn't thinking about that at that moment.

- Paulie
Old 10-27-2009, 09:36 PM
Tech Regular

.............this thread has been going for so long that Jon and Paulie are starting to sound like an old married couple

Can't wait to smell NITRO again!!
Old 10-28-2009, 01:17 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bando711
.............this thread has been going for so long that Jon and Paulie are starting to sound like an old married couple

Can't wait to smell NITRO again!!
LOL! Yeah, it's all in good fun...

I can't wait to smell NITRO either!

- Paulie
Old 10-28-2009, 01:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

don't mind the smell as much as the noise got my ear plugs ready!!

I will bring up some rebar stakes (not as good as the STEAKS Robert makes) and some ribbon for marking of the layouts. Will put them with the hose. The stakes we need look like large nails with an orange or green tab on them, they are the cheapest I've found...

Got an email from the FD, they just DRMO's some small hose, wish they'd get rid of some larger, think we could use expandable foam in it every few feet...would be awesome...anybody else find anything...
Old 10-28-2009, 03:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

You said you guys are looking for hose for lane markers? I'm a bulk fueler and we DRMO our fuel hoses all the time. have you checked with DRMO about any kinds of hoses? We sent about 500 feet of 4" hose to DRMO not too long ago. I'd check but I'm on the way to Korea tomorrow from the Phillipines.

Now I know we might have the problem of fuel contamination from the hoses but we can check with environmental about flushing them with water into a oil/water seperator and see if they go for that... Just a thought...
Old 10-28-2009, 03:58 AM
Tech Regular

Give me a number.......... If we can buy the same stuff that Jon found how much do we need? I have a sample, thanks Anthony, going to the local construction purchasing agent at Navy MWR. He will check with the local suppliers and am sure he can come uo with something..........I just need a number. I am thinking 400-500 feet just for the outside of the 1/8 scale track.

Last edited by bando711; 10-28-2009 at 04:47 AM.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:05 PM
Tech Regular

I have a lead on getting the tubing brand new through a couple of contacts. The price is Y356/meter and comes 50 meters to a roll. Figuring 900 feet to complete all three tracks that would require about 300 meters or 6 rolls. The cost would be Y106,800 ($1200) without anything added in such as tax, shipping (if not on island), etc.

I know some of us have put in numbers for donations totalling close to this amount. Is this something we want to do?
Old 10-28-2009, 09:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crymynal
I have a lead on getting the tubing brand new through a couple of contacts. The price is Y356/meter and comes 50 meters to a roll. Figuring 900 feet to complete all three tracks that would require about 300 meters or 6 rolls. The cost would be Y106,800 ($1200) without anything added in such as tax, shipping (if not on island), etc.

I know some of us have put in numbers for donations totalling close to this amount. Is this something we want to do?
SOUNDS GOOD IF WE CANT COME UP WITH ANYTHING ELSE.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crymynal

Try closer to 1400 feet for the 2 tracks, not counting what John already aquired. If your math includes what John has, then you are close.

I took pics today, and they dropped 4 more loads of dirt. There is about 1/2 of the 1/8 track covered with a base now. They also got rid of the brush that was cleared while I was there today. Once they have put a base down they are going to let us know, so we can go in and mark off where we need dirt piled for jumps.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:58 AM
Tech Regular

Does anyone have timeframes/schedule for the SeaBee's and their portion?

How about detailed maps/drawings of what we plan on doing with the entire area to include measurements?

We should start looking at what we will need (with pricing) to get things setup and maintained. Has anyone started to compile this list? Rakes, shovels, wheelbarrows, tubing, etc.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The seebees schedule is highly dependent on how much dirt they need, where they are getting it from, and how many trucks/drivers they will have available at that time. Right now they are pulling dirt from on Shields, but it doesnt sound like that is gonna last long. They have quaranteed dirt on Kinser, but then they have logistical problems. I also heared mention of an upcoming project that may interfere with equipment availability. It doesnt help that they broke the bobcat today, and have to take it back to Shields to get fixed.

Maybe we will have a decent Xmas present this year, or maybe not.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Just got back in from the Philippines last night...Anything going on with the track this weekend?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.