Wiki Posts
Search

Courtney Marine Corps Base Off-Road Track Okinawa Japan

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 05:05 AM
Tech Adept

All,

Here are a few thoughts,

since we are going to take over the lot we need to start to make it our own as soon as possible,

If the weather holds, the SeaBee's will be dropping off the equipment Wed night and should start clearing on Thurs, Fri.

Once the lot is clear (this weekend) we as a group should try to get over there and lay out the track design, etc. as well as trimming up the hedge/brush along the perimeter.

We will need measurements for the seabee's to assist in dirt distribution and overall project development.

Tracks/courses:

We are in need of a good rock crawling course layout, granted, alot of this will be doe by us as a continuing project, but we do need to have a general idea and put together a materials list.

I am willing to throw in around $250.00 for the plastic tubing for lane markers, so if someone knows where to get some... let me know.

there were some pretty nice track designs in the latest RC mag I picked up and I hope we still have the track layouts that were drawn up early on.

I will be going over to see the Seabee's tomorrow to discuss any additional concerns or pending issues.

please post up any additional thoughts so we can get group buy in.

Robert
Old 10-05-2009, 06:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm in for a meeting, or just showing up after it's cleared. I just need a where and a when.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have some of the big black tubing at school will try to bring some up on Thursday as well as print out a couple of the diagrams.

I have my son's sports day this weekend (Sat or Sun) which ever day I can get a pass I'll be there, will also try on Monday.

I'll also bring shovels, rakes etc.

Anyone want to meet a bios track and grab some of Uehara-sans tube? Need a hand getting it on top of the van....

I'm gonna stop by a couple other place to see if I can buy tube with my broken Japanese
Old 10-05-2009, 08:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YDBD
I have some of the big black tubing at school will try to bring some up on Thursday as well as print out a couple of the diagrams.

I have my son's sports day this weekend (Sat or Sun) which ever day I can get a pass I'll be there, will also try on Monday.

I'll also bring shovels, rakes etc.

Anyone want to meet a bios track and grab some of Uehara-sans tube? Need a hand getting it on top of the van....

I'm gonna stop by a couple other place to see if I can buy tube with my broken Japanese
Let me know whatever you need. I'll help you out. Give me a call when you head to BIOS
Old 10-07-2009, 10:36 PM
Tech Addict

Guys,

Call me this weekend if you decdie to go help with the new track, etc.

I'll match Roberts offer and put up an additional $250 for materials, etc.

- Paulie
Old 10-08-2009, 04:47 AM
Tech Regular

Jon went out today and there was no change. I plan on going out Saturday around 2:30-3:00 to see if anything has happpened. Depending on the brush being cleared, Monday we may head out to rope out the tracks.

I need more drivers for this Sundays Enduro Race. Right now it is only me and Paul. If I don't have another driver by noon Friday then I won't enter.

I'm willing to put in the same amount. That brings us up to $750. Anyone else? Even if it is only a few bucks, I'm sure it can be used.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:11 AM
Tech Adept

All,

You are correct,

The SeaBee's were unable to move the Equipment last night due to their equipment being secured due to the TC,

I called Chief Mills first thing this morning when I saw the gear was not there.

They have alternate days to deliver the equipment set...

I would like to get together with those interested in helping so that we can get some more momentum and at least stage some of the gear that is available.

Please let me know if you are still interested in at least meeting on Sat to discuss details and the way ahead.

I will ask Chief Mills if he can attend as well.

I am as frustrated as anyone at this point, knowing we are so close, yet so far from completeing.

I ask that you all hang in there and continue to support as we continue to move forward.

Robert
Old 10-08-2009, 07:31 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by crymynal
Jon went out today and there was no change. I plan on going out Saturday around 2:30-3:00 to see if anything has happpened. Depending on the brush being cleared, Monday we may head out to rope out the tracks.

I need more drivers for this Sundays Enduro Race. Right now it is only me and Paul. If I don't have another driver by noon Friday then I won't enter.

I'm willing to put in the same amount. That brings us up to $750. Anyone else? Even if it is only a few bucks, I'm sure it can be used.
I'll throw in another $100
Old 10-08-2009, 02:44 PM
Tech Master

I'm throwing in some money, undisclosed amount (basically I'll be whatever I think we need and not worry about it)

I found a place that has about 300' of tubing, but no one was there, will stop by again, it's by Maeda.

Anxious to get started and finished...am I jumping the gun or should we start planning for a December race on the 6th or 13th??

Who's in for the Slash 4x4?...
Old 10-10-2009, 05:42 PM
Tech Adept

I will throw in whatever I get from the sale of my 3PKS radio. Still looking for a good, used Slash...
Old 10-11-2009, 01:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by YDBD
Who's in for the Slash 4x4?...
The 4x4 Slash is what I have been waiting for....just anxious to see how much the are going to go for. I am betting around $400 or so. I can toss in some cash for the track too just have to get together with someone to do the hand off.
Old 10-11-2009, 05:36 PM
Tech Adept

What about a lap counting system? There are cheaper alternatives to the AMB like iLap, TrackMate, and Robitronics for under $500. Anyone know anything about these?
Old 10-11-2009, 06:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by raycerZ
What about a lap counting system? There are cheaper alternatives to the AMB like iLap, TrackMate, and Robitronics for under $500. Anyone know anything about these?
we don't even have track yet...Anthony has an AMB system, just need the 'ponders fixed...
Old 10-12-2009, 12:58 AM
Tech Regular

Like Jon said, I already have the AMB20 sytem with 8 working transponders. Ken has found a way to replace the batteries in the system without sending them out to get fixed at $30 each. We will test a few to make sure it goes well and will replace all of them if it does. That will give us 20 transponders. I have the software also and a few people have said they laptops to donate. I just need to take one of them up on the offer.

Eventually, I would like to get the same system that is being used at SIRO's track because of its simplicity. But that will be way into the future.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Stuff happens quick on here, checked the site right before I took off on a TAD trip and nothing new was up. Got back in last night and damn all kinds of stuff going on. Unfortunately I will be heading back down to the Philippines in the morning for a few more weeks.

If there is still anything left to do when I get back I am in, need to make up for lost time. Count me in for $150 as well for materials or whatever as needed.

Good luck guys, see you next month...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.