Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hobby Headquarters Drums,PA. Northeast

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You're talking at folks that are long gone. If my foot is better i'm going to the track next sat to work on it. It's only 25 min from my house. I want to see it back in action too.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by hambone
You're talking at folks that are long gone. If my foot is better i'm going to the track next sat to work on it. It's only 25 min from my house. I want to see it back in action too.
But you see the potential too right? I mean some of these tracks are located in no mans land..this is right off 80. This has huge possiblitys...i just wanna see something done. Now is the time for the owner of the land it sits on to step back in and say..lets get this rolling.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by VandelayInc
But you see the potential too right? I mean some of these tracks are located in no mans land..this is right off 80. This has huge possiblitys...i just wanna see something done. Now is the time for the owner of the land it sits on to step back in and say..lets get this rolling.
I understand. I've been on this track since day one. Allen already talked to me about helping getting the track rolling again. I have been dealing with some serious blood clot issued lately and haven't been able to do much other than work. Should be able to get on it next weekend.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Dont blame the owner? are you serious? I would def point the finger at the owner. He should not have handed the track over to a group of guys that were not going to dedicate their time to grooming the track and providing us racers with actual racing schedule. This is simple....the owner handed it over to a group of guys that just wanted to race their own cars on it and didnt care if they get 10 people showing or 3. Its ultra frustrating to see a track that is located in a great spot and is all in all a nice facility. Drivers stand looks very good, has lights, and again the layout is not bad, not great either, but with alittle work it can be turned into a premeire offroad track in the northeast. Just totally weird that no one at Hobby Headquarters cares.s
Since you seem to be the expert, why don't you go out and help run the track and maintain it. And yes, I already help maintain two tracks in PA and also assist in running the computer systems. Take some of that internet passion you have going and stop in the hobby shop and talk to the owners. I would not try to use any incentive for the owners because there is not profit in owning and maintaining a track. Tracks cannot be run by a one man team and it takes group of local racers to band together and help with the track. In most cases, those people are pretty hard to find. Everyone always is ready to help, and when the word is put out for the help, those same people always seem to disappear, but they sure know when to show up on race day. If you know the history of how many times the owners have started over with the track, you probably could not blame them for not caring. Racers on race day turn into children at times and it's that stuff that shop owners do not have to succumb themselves to.

Last edited by jmackani; 08-06-2011 at 02:20 PM.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by jmackani
Since you seem to be the expert, why don't you go out and help run the track and maintain it. And yes, I already help maintain two tracks in PA and also assist in running the computer systems. Take some of that internet passion you have going and stop in the hobby shop and talk to the owners. I would not try to use any incentive for the owners because there is not profit in owning and maintaining a track. Tracks cannot be run by a one man team and it takes group of local racers to band together and help with the track. In most cases, those people are pretty hard to find. Everyone always is ready to help, and when the word is put out for the help, those same people always seem to disappear, but they sure know when to show up on race day. If you know the history of how many times the owners have started over with the track, you probably could not blame them for not caring. Racers on race day turn into children at times and it's that stuff that shop owners do not have to succumb themselves to.
i live over 2hrs away so it wood hard for me to get there. i wood if i knew i wasnt the only one gonna be there. i maintained 4 tracks wen i lived in cali. this track needs tlc for sure. too many rocks. off road racers today need smoother tracks...sad to say but its true....and that track was clearly designed for 8th scale. it may be alittle to ruff for 10th scalers....so sumhow it needs to be toned down. biggest problem is rocks. not sure if anything can be done abot that.....imagine this track with new dirt. especially clay mixture....damn

Last edited by VandelayInc; 08-06-2011 at 04:56 PM.
Old 08-06-2011, 05:08 PM
Tech Elite

Pitstop Hobbies in Mt Joy, Pa & Barnstormers RC in Chester, NY caters to 1/10 scales, lots of them. Hobby Headquarters is an 1/8 track and will continue to be that. Oh and i forgot about Thumptown RC in Wellsboro, Pa. No 1/8 scales allowed up there. Have at it. Been down that road where the 1/10 elec wants to come in and change everything then they don't show up. Nope!
Old 08-06-2011, 06:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

and on that note, i had my 1/10 scale mod 4wd buggy at drums this year, they get around just fine. sct's dont have an issue either.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

right there is why you wont get anymore of a turnout than ur already of where getting....ur not allowing newcomers to get in the sport with an attitude thats its 8th scale track only. 8th scale has died down some arond nation...with the resurgence of 2wd and now 4wd eletric....but regardless u need a track to get newcomers involved. with hazleton wilkes barre not far...there is zero reason for Hobby Headquarters not to be just that....the areas Hobby Headquarters! but if you live by 8th scale only then you die by 8th scale. No hobby shop/raceway would ever survive just running one type of class. again this just example of a group of guys with in this case 8th scales and just want to race that. with no intrest in seeing HQ thrive. oh well.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:45 AM
Tech Regular

right there is why you wont get anymore of a turnout than ur already of where getting....ur not allowing newcomers to get in the sport with an attitude thats its 8th scale track only. 8th scale has died down some arond nation...with the resurgence of 2wd and now 4wd eletric....but regardless u need a track to get newcomers involved. with hazleton wilkes barre not far...there is zero reason for Hobby Headquarters not to be just that....the areas Hobby Headquarters! but if you live by 8th scale only then you die by 8th scale. No hobby shop/raceway would ever survive just running one type of class. again this just example of a group of guys with in this case 8th scales and just want to race that. with no intrest in seeing HQ thrive. oh well.
their isnt really that much 1/10 scale around the area. i currently race 2 and 4 wd mod buggy. no matter where you go the turnout isnt that big. 4wd is hit and miss on whether you will even have enough to race. its all about sct's these days, and the track at drums is more than fine for them. as for beeing a "beginer" friendly track, you really think mod 2 and 4wd buggy is for the newby? IMO stock sct would be much better. kinda curious as to what you run for r/c?
Old 08-07-2011, 03:56 AM
Tech Regular

where are you from van? and i gotta know if your first name is art, or george.......
Old 08-07-2011, 08:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by byohnd
their isnt really that much 1/10 scale around the area. i currently race 2 and 4 wd mod buggy. no matter where you go the turnout isnt that big. 4wd is hit and miss on whether you will even have enough to race. its all about sct's these days, and the track at drums is more than fine for them. as for beeing a "beginer" friendly track, you really think mod 2 and 4wd buggy is for the newby? IMO stock sct would be much better. kinda curious as to what you run for r/c?
there isnt much 1/10th scale arond cause shops/tracks arond here fail to promote it or their faculity like this one. HQ is witin reach of wb and hazleton etc....get ur name out there....promote ur track...offer rentals for newbies.....run races twice a year at a shopping center parking lot just to promote the hobby and ur shop. get people intrested....but this clearly was a track created for friends to get together. oh well hopefully sumone gets it.

i live in Hanover PA. near the border. i race 2wd . 4wd offroad......i have the T6 for some onroad fun....and a 12th scaler. and im neither george or art....just a fan of seinfeld.
Old 08-07-2011, 08:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

there isnt much 1/10th scale arond cause shops/tracks arond here fail to promote it or their faculity like this one. HQ is witin reach of wb and hazleton etc....get ur name out there....promote ur track...offer rentals for newbies.....run races twice a year at a shopping center parking lot just to promote the hobby and ur shop. get people intrested....but this clearly was a track created for friends to get together. oh well hopefully sumone gets it.

i live in Hanover PA. near the border. i race 2wd . 4wd offroad......i have the T6 for some onroad fun....and a 12th scaler. and im neither george or art....just a fan of seinfeld.
Are you talking about Hanover in southern PA? You know there are closer tracks to you both in PA and MD. Like byond said, myself and two sons have run both 1/8 and 1/10 at HHQ. 1/10 is much bigger around here in the winter time at places like bumps and jumps. Pit Stop hobbies runs a decent 1/10 program during the summer on Friday nights. In fact, they pretty much cater to 1/10 crowd. Tracks with a mixture of both are LCRC, HHQ, G's, Nuclear, Mushroom Bowl...
Old 08-07-2011, 07:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

really...sweet. ill look them up. thanks
Old 08-07-2011, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Bottom line is the track is gonna open again. Some things will change on the layout, some won't. The guys that made the layout are very good racers, i'm not, lol. I just want to get the surface back in good shape and tame a couple areas down. It's a good day of fun at this track. Just want to get some club racing going again. No major overhauls yet. So that being said, some opinions about schedule. Do we want to run some sat night races when LCRC isn't running or sun afternoon? Let's get something shaking.
Old 08-07-2011, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Man ,i dont miss this stuff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.