Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hobby Headquarters Drums,PA. Northeast

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 06:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

track open this weekend?...anything going on. havent heard/ seen anything lately..=/
Old 06-03-2011, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I was wondering when next race is.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

wasnt there a schedule posted somewhere? havent heard much about drums..i guess no racing this season..? was looking forward to getting back out there..
Old 06-15-2011, 12:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

There's a thread in the racing section for the track that seems to get more action it. I'm gonna make it out there real soon but for practice.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-f...ck-thread.html
Old 06-23-2011, 04:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey guys anyone that wants to come on out this Sunday we will be having open practice again with the computer setup to count laps for you guys. We will be charging 10$ a man for the day and if we have enough guys we can setup a race program also. Were just trying to get some intrest back in the local scene so we can get bigger turnouts and more popularity again.
Old 06-25-2011, 04:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

What time?
Old 07-31-2011, 07:38 AM
Tech Regular

This track still going?
Old 08-05-2011, 06:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by drummin89
This track still going?
Good question...i rode past a week ago wen i was in area...track was still there...shop to early to be open. i dont know its a nice track but the owners do zero to promote it. its confusing...u cant expect to just build a track and hope racers show up. Give us a weekly race schedule during the racing season. promote it. u would be amazed how it would catch on. its a great looking track and clean lookin shop. alot of space....its ideal but i think the owners have not much overhead so they dont cate much on how many show up. and they dont promote a variety of classes. i think this is one of those deals were the owner wanted a place to race and he built this track/shop.....and watever he likes to race is what the store will promote/sell. think their into 1/8th. its sad cause this place has tons of potentional. just needs owners that are determined to make it sucessful and fun for all racers not just 1/8th scalers for example. i would make the 1 hr trip weekly of they had some sort of schedule and made everyone feel welcomed.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:56 AM
Tech Champion

The shop owner is an airplane guy. He handed the running of the track over to another group of guys, so I would not point the finger at the owner at all.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I told Allen & Terri that i would help to get it going again. My foot has put a halt to my ambitions though. I agree about the facility, it can be one of Pa's best tracks. If anyone would care to help i believe we could have some great racing every other Sunday. The owners are friends of mine and are game to get things going. PM me.
Old 08-06-2011, 05:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

well whoever they handed it to they are doing a very bad job. the track has ton of stones o it and weeds. its a shame cause the layout is kool. sum jumps alittle insane...think it was designed for 8th scale. but yeah the place is located basically off interstate 80...easy to find. it has tons of potentional just needs motivated owners.
Old 08-06-2011, 05:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

and this is yet another perfect example of a RC hobbyshop owner who at one time was into racing...then finds another nitch and just lets everything else goto hell. ugh...why does RC have so many of these people.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VandelayInc
and this is yet another perfect example of a RC hobbyshop owner who at one time was into racing...then finds another nitch and just lets everything else goto hell. ugh...why does RC have so many of these people.
actually, i think racing came after the planes..
Old 08-06-2011, 09:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by jmackani
The shop owner is an airplane guy. He handed the running of the track over to another group of guys, so I would not point the finger at the owner at all.
Dont blame the owner? are you serious? I would def point the finger at the owner. He should not have handed the track over to a group of guys that were not going to dedicate their time to grooming the track and providing us racers with actual racing schedule. This is simple....the owner handed it over to a group of guys that just wanted to race their own cars on it and didnt care if they get 10 people showing or 3. Its ultra frustrating to see a track that is located in a great spot and is all in all a nice facility. Drivers stand looks very good, has lights, and again the layout is not bad, not great either, but with alittle work it can be turned into a premeire offroad track in the northeast. Just totally weird that no one at Hobby Headquarters cares.s
Old 08-06-2011, 09:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by kelby roberts
Hey guys anyone that wants to come on out this Sunday we will be having open practice again with the computer setup to count laps for you guys. We will be charging 10$ a man for the day and if we have enough guys we can setup a race program also. Were just trying to get some intrest back in the local scene so we can get bigger turnouts and more popularity again.
So are you in charge of the track? Heres what ya need to do...dont just cater to the 8th scale guys...that track needs to be toned down a bit so you can draw interest from the novice guy to the advanced racer. This means the track must be suitable for 10th scale cars as well. Also, to many rocks on the track, track just needs TLC. Start promoting. Your track is located near Hazleton and wilkes barre...drawing people to your track should not be a problem. You guys have everything in place... off the highway, alot of room, Nice hobby shop building, lights, driverstand. Absolutely no reason why this can not be one of the premeire tracks in the Northeast. But this all depends if you guys are willing to go this lenght and if you willing to admit that racing against a few friends from time to time on that track is getting a tad boring.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.