Wiki Posts
Search

Hobby Headquarters Drums,PA. Northeast

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 08:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default HOW TO KILL A RACE TRACK 101!!!

As you all know when it comes to rc racing,the head count only runs so deep, due to many factors such as time restraints,family commitments,travel time to the track and not to mention the bad economic state were in. A lot of guys just don't have the funds to support (A HOBBY RIGHT NOW)!!! It becomes essential that the track has a good group of CORE guys that call this track (THEIR HOME TRACK)...and this is were the problem starts!
WHY NO ONE SHOWS UP ANYMORE
#1 Donate countless hours redesigning the track getting ready for for what is now the current race season. Then when you show up once your finished you cant get as much as a hello...depends on the mood in the shop...
You're made to feel like your a nuisance being there rather than the backbone of a track that you supported and had no other intent than what was best for the shop and track.
#2 Then tell those people that help you that they need to start paying to practice at the facility.
#3 Pick a fight with one of your (CORE) racers and biggest supporters of this track, an rc tech, over the fact he wanted to run dirt oval rc as well as nitro offroad. Scream and carry on, drop the F bomb in front of his wife and 5 year old son.
#4 When customers show up at the shop happy because they felt they got a good deal on a complete rc buggy set up based upon their budget SO THEY CAN RACE AT YOUR FACILITY!!! You say what the F did you do that for???
#5 Charge a 14 year old boy $20 to race when he makes $50 a month delivering papers and when he comes in 1st in monster truck you decide not to give him anything...not even a $5 gift card. When the winner of each class was to get a gift card..does not matter there were only three in the monster truck field...
#6 Talk about your CORE racers to other racers stating we're idiots and you dislike many of us.
#7 Show up at the shop and get no acknowledgement....just walk away and stay in the garage.
#8 Tell people about the big conspiracy to KILL your track??? The only conspiracy is your instability.......
Best of luck to you guys. You have a great shop and now 10th scale track. Hope it all works for the best for you. But I, and many others, will drive 2-3 hours to go were we feel appeciated when we show up...
I read all of the post about lets race and why no one show up....Well let me tell you a lot of us have been there done that
And over time you"ll see why the tracks empty. 100% a shame for such a nice track, location and Allen
NICEST TRACK AROUND AND THIS IS WHY NO ONE SHOWS UP.
SO MOVE ON TO YOUR NEXT GROUP /CLASS OF DRIVERS AND MAKE THEM FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE WHEN THEY SHOW UP AND RUN THEM OFF AS WELL!!!
Old 08-16-2009, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Originally Posted by THE PHILLY JYNX
As you all know when it comes to rc racing,the head count only runs so deep, due to many factors such as time restraints,family commitments,travel time to the track and not to mention the bad economic state were in. A lot of guys just don't have the funds to support (A HOBBY RIGHT NOW)!!! It becomes essential that the track has a good group of CORE guys that call this track (THEIR HOME TRACK)...and this is were the problem starts!
#1 Donate countless hours redesigning the track getting ready for for what is now the current race season. Then when you show up once your finished you cant get as much as a hello...depends on the mood in the shop...
You're made to feel like your a nuisance being there rather than the backbone of a track that you supported and had no other intent than what was best for the shop and track.
#2 Then tell those people that help you that they need to start paying to practice at the facility.
#3 Pick a fight with one of your (CORE) racers and biggest supporters of this track, an rc tech, over the fact he wanted to run dirt oval rc as well as nitro offroad. Scream and carry on, drop the F bomb in front of his wife and 5 year old son.
#4 When customers show up at the shop happy because they felt they got a good deal on a complete rc buggy set up based upon their budget SO THEY CAN RACE AT YOUR FACILITY!!! You say what the F did you do that for???
#5 Charge a 14 year old boy $20 to race when he makes $50 a month delivering papers and when he comes in 1st in monster truck you decide not to give him anything...not even a $5 gift card. When the winner of each class was to get a gift card..does not matter there were only three in the monster truck field...
#6 Talk about your CORE racers to other racers stating we're idiots and you dislike many of us.
#7 Show up at the shop and get no acknowledgement....just walk away and stay in the garage.
#8 Tell people about the big conspiracy to KILL your track??? The only conspiracy is your instability.......
Best of luck to you guys. You have a great shop and now 10th scale track. Hope it all works for the best for you. But I, and many others, will drive 2-3 hours to go were we feel appeciated when we show up...
I read all of the post about lets race and why no one show up....Well let me tell you a lot of us have been there done that
And over time you"ll see why the tracks empty. 100% a shame for such a nice track, location and Allen
SO MOVE ON TO YOUR NEXT GROUP /CLASS OF DRIVERS AND MAKE THEM FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE WHEN THEY SHOW UP AND RUN THEM OFF AS WELL!!!

The truth has been spoken. 100% agree. Such potential it's a shame. This place could be a gold mine and cater to all 1/10 1/8 and yes dare I say Dirt Oval.
Old 08-16-2009, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

I also agree 100% with the above comments.. I was acused of being part of the conspiracy, and recruiting for dirtoval, when I WAS CONTACTED, and was asked questions about dirtoval racing. Not the other way around. And the truth be known, I talked to more guys about going there and racing, than I was falsly accused of taking away. You can't treat people the way certain people are treated there, and expect a great outcome. It's a shame, it is a great location, and could acomodate all forms of RC racing. I hope all turns out well, but it was time some of us spoke the truth..
Old 08-16-2009, 05:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

wow....
all i can say is ditto and amen!!!
i have gotten the "cold shoulder" many times from that place and thats what drove me away in the first place. decided to go another route on my rc fun.
and i would also like to say that i went to brad about racing oval. i used to race with him in carpet oval as a kid and never really knew it. I...I decided to contact him about it. and rick got ahold of me to get brads number to ask about oval racing.

like stated above its a shame that such a place, with so much potential, just does nuthing but "repel" the hobbyists.

and just so allan knows......
see, i told ya i wasnt the only one getting the "treatment".

i hope to see this stuff turn around now that its been addressed.
i also hope this is taken as "constructive" critisism. instead of bashing, even though most of the stuff put in the thread above are pretty straight forward.

and when you get your info from only 1 person its hard to see the whole picture and you just make yourself look foolish.

Last edited by jaredmausteller; 08-16-2009 at 07:33 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

To all this may concern you guys just don't get it terry and allen are just trying to bring in more racers in all classes and if you guys have a problem with that than how needs you and yes you talk about the economy but this isn't stopping you from traveling 2-3hrs i have done this since the mid 80's i travel from harrisburg to long island to new jersey to race have fun and support the hobby i guess all you guys have to do is get on here and wine about all the problems that you have with them and the track and as i see it this is the same track layout the you were running on except the triple and yes if this had to change just so they can draw more and different you types of racers so be it in this hobby all tracks/shop need the racers to support them and they are doing us a favor by opening. how would you like it if you invested your money and time into helping us the racer to have guys come on here and bitch about what you were doing. i have been to westcoast to race the last 3 years and if you guys would do this there you would be asked to never come back, it's not that they are trying to turn you away the just need racers to come have fun. Also if i had a track/shop i would welcome new racers to the hobby and if you did this to me i would tell you get lost spend you time traveling 2-3 hrs to race for what 20minutes.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:35 PM
Tech Adept

you know there wasn't that much that was changed to this track so if you think you got robbed then go to another track and tell them we want this and see what they would tell you.on another note just race and have fun supporting any track that you go to wether it be oval or offroad. because if you have so much hatered for terry and allen then why get on here and try to hurt what they are trying to do for you. And while your at get mad at mother nature for raining all the time i applaud terry and allen for trying to generate business.

I just got back from altoona raceway and met rob the new owner really nice guy and he is doing what ever it takes to bring in racers wether it be slashes/1/10/and 1/8 to generate business and help this hobby grow so as i see it just grow up and have fun racing where ever you might race.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:01 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by THE PHILLY JYNX
this statement really bothers me you think a track should let you practice for free and you should get something for your help and for racing how about a place close to race well when you open your own building and have bills to pay then let everyone know so they can come and race and practice for FREE. as i really see this this is the only HOW TO HURT A TRACK 101
Old 08-16-2009, 07:23 PM
Tech Rookie

i totally agree with brian,there trying to make a living with this track, how would feel if this was done to you?were not children we are adults not juveniles,crying about who did what to who, your 40 to 50 year old adults ,act like one and talk to them if you have a problem, talk to them and try and resolve the problem before it get to where it is now
Old 08-16-2009, 07:45 PM
Tech Adept

i know for a fact, myself ,berwicknitro, and misfit138 and others have talked to them about our issues and have gotten nothing but grief.
be sure to get your facts straight before commenting.

YOU ARE CORRECT in the fact that we ARE adults and should conduct ourselves that way.
i personally was the one that was called an f'ing retard for buying a buggy online and not buying it there, when i had all intentions of running, and supporting thier track in the first place.
but in the same note the track owners should be held to the same standards. and conduct themselves professionally.
if everyone belives that it it is the same 3-4 people that posted here are the reason for the demise of the track/shop then thats not saying much for the track to begin with. because it would take more than just us to do what is going on now with the track. in the beginning of the year there were 30+ people there for about a month and then it went downhill fast. hmmmm i wonder what the problem was.

i know from my standpoint ive never recieved a thank you for helping with the track b4 opening day nor did i recieve ANY gratitude for my buisness with the shop/track.

"A THANK YOU GOES A LONG WAY"
Old 08-16-2009, 08:31 PM
Tech Elite

Old 08-17-2009, 03:25 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jaredmausteller
i know for a fact, myself ,berwicknitro, and misfit138 and others have talked to them about our issues and have gotten nothing but grief.
be sure to get your facts straight before commenting.

YOU ARE CORRECT in the fact that we ARE adults and should conduct ourselves that way.
i personally was the one that was called an f'ing retard for buying a buggy online and not buying it there, when i had all intentions of running, and supporting thier track in the first place.
but in the same note the track owners should be held to the same standards. and conduct themselves professionally.
if everyone belives that it it is the same 3-4 people that posted here are the reason for the demise of the track/shop then thats not saying much for the track to begin with. because it would take more than just us to do what is going on now with the track. in the beginning of the year there were 30+ people there for about a month and then it went downhill fast. hmmmm i wonder what the problem was.

i know from my standpoint ive never recieved a thank you for helping with the track b4 opening day nor did i recieve ANY gratitude for my buisness with the shop/track.

"A THANK YOU GOES A LONG WAY"
Yea maybe there are more issues but until the track change nothing on the thread was being said then all of sudden track was changed and all h*ll broke loose and 1/10 scale was cut up like it made all you guys mad if you guys have issues with them then all of you need to sit down and figure it out instead of coming on here and letting other racers and track see all the bull crap going on here. All i can say is iam just looking for another great place to race and i think Terry/Allen could have a great place for all of us.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:11 AM
Tech Adept

this thread has nothing to do with the track change.
it all boiled down to us putting up with the bullcrap, and we cant take it anymore. too many people have been pushed away due to the attitude there.
we all know the potential that thier track has and we tried to support them with it. but conspiracy's arose and attitudes were horrible towards the racers.
i think they are the ones that should talk to us before shooting off at the mouth.
like stated before, we tried to go to allan and terry but nothing happened.

allan has called me personally to ask what was going on and i told him over the phone. at that time he knew nothing about what was going on, so i informed him and he was awestruck. that was months ago. and it still continues.
he knows what the issue is and should correct it before it ruins his buisness.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:39 PM
Tech Adept

Hey Guys i don't want to get into those issues iam just trying to find more places for us electric guys to race and when i posted about the track change this all started there it's bad enough having to travel these days and hope you get to race especially with the price of gas i wouldn't care if i would get to race. I was only giving my input on bringing in more racers from the electric side because as everyone knows without racers there is no tracks.so now with that said lets make this a more positive thread and see what Terry/Allen can do for all of us remember everyone it's all about having fun and meeting other racers.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Everybody is so thin skinned. This is a killer track. Remember, this is also the track that held a benefit race for Matt Morris whos kid was badly burned in an accident and %100 of the money was given to him.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Haven`t race there , but, maybe should post an updated race schedule so racers know how to plan there race weekends .........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.