Hobby Headquarters Drums,PA. Northeast

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hobby Headquarters Drums,PA. Northeast

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 09:47 AM
Tech Rookie

this track layout is great it will be a fast track, and would be great for the novice drivers to get there track time so they can eventually can move up when confident to other classes
Old 08-10-2009, 11:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

So lets have a pratice day !! I would be there for that get the slashes out
Old 08-10-2009, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I hope hhq doesn't turn into a 1/10 scale elec track. No offense intended. This just happened to the track i learned to drive on last year. Now pitstop is abt to shut its track down cuz nobody shows up. Track isn't fit for an eighth scale anymore. Right now everybodys attendance is down simply because of the economy. The guys that came from ny/nj still talking abt the triple that is non existant now. To make the track easier? With some planning around other big races and communication with the group of guys that travel to the big races the turnout would be pretty good. Maybe not every race day though. It's my opinion only that making the track easier is the beginning of the end. A couple of the tracks i've been to this year used a portion of the track for tenth scales. I thought that a good idea. Everybody i talked to that has been to the track has had everything good to say abt the track layout, track surface, facility and the owners Allen and Terri. I believe that some planning and organization will bring the racers, not track changes.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I dont think its about the track itself. Its one of the best around for any kind of vehicle except for maybe stock buggy or stock Slash. I was there about 6 weeks ago and ran my Mod Truck against some a couple Monster Trucks and survived all the big air jumps at the time and had a lot of fun in the process. I was even able to clear the large double on the back and the triple more than a few times.

I think most all the problems would be solved if just 10 or so guys who lived nearby would make Drums their home track and race there more often than not. So the people who travel will know there will be a race for when they get there.

If was a half hour or less away from this track, I would be there at least 3 weekends a month.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:45 PM
Tech Adept

Hambone as i see this if terry and allen need to change the track to bring in some electric guys that's what needs to be done and yes we can have a track that is fast enough for 1/8 and 1/10 scales as long as the track is wide open for you guys the reason the 1/8 scales aren't at pitstop because they say its to tight and yes maybe it is i have not been there this year yet but as i see it if there is huge air and 4 out of 10 guys are making it then why should it be kept i would rather see a race won and better racing if the cars are closer together not that oh i lost because i couldn't make the huge triple and that i don't have the modded motors. And yes i live 20 minutes from this track but why would i go if the triple is entirly to big and i would have to single all of them. i have also talked to allen and terry and everyone wanted big air and it was put in so where are all the racers? they can't make it every week with 1 or 2 guys showing up.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:51 PM
Tech Adept

So as i see it if they need to calm the track down slightly for electric guys then lets do it because as i see this if they don't get racers from electric to nitro then maybe there won't be a track that we can call our home track. And yes iam offended that you don't want electric there since there are quit a few tracks out there for just 1/8, were just trying to make it good for both and don't have to travel 2+ hrs just to race when we can have one here. also you say pitstop is about to shut down because its not fit for 1/8 as i see it any track is fit you just have to drive it and pitstop would makeit if he had to live on 1/8 scales because as long as i have been going there unless it was a special event for them there was never more than 15 to 20 there. in fact last year he always had at least 20 electrics and a hand full of 1/8 scales and the track was faster with few jumps.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by hambone
I hope hhq doesn't turn into a 1/10 scale elec track. No offense intended. This just happened to the track i learned to drive on last year. Now pitstop is abt to shut its track down cuz nobody shows up. Track isn't fit for an eighth scale anymore. Right now everybodys attendance is down simply because of the economy. The guys that came from ny/nj still talking abt the triple that is non existant now. To make the track easier? With some planning around other big races and communication with the group of guys that travel to the big races the turnout would be pretty good. Maybe not every race day though. It's my opinion only that making the track easier is the beginning of the end. A couple of the tracks i've been to this year used a portion of the track for tenth scales. I thought that a good idea. Everybody i talked to that has been to the track has had everything good to say abt the track layout, track surface, facility and the owners Allen and Terri. I believe that some planning and organization will bring the racers, not track changes.
One thing Pitstop is NOT CLOSING!!!!!! 2. How many times have you been here 3 it just seems to me there is a lot of winning going on just shut up and race i traval 2 to 3 hrs a week to race and don't cry about that wake up and suport the local tracks or there will be none
Old 08-10-2009, 02:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Now it's gettig deep time to bring back as the track turns!!!!
Lets run it don't mater what you run lets have fun for a few years i ran gas both 10th and 1/8th and now back to elec and like it the best just my 2 cents
Old 08-10-2009, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by brian roeder
Hambone as i see this if terry and allen need to change the track to bring in some electric guys that's what needs to be done and yes we can have a track that is fast enough for 1/8 and 1/10 scales as long as the track is wide open for you guys the reason the 1/8 scales aren't at pitstop because they say its to tight and yes maybe it is i have not been there this year yet but as i see it if there is huge air and 4 out of 10 guys are making it then why should it be kept i would rather see a race won and better racing if the cars are closer together not that oh i lost because i couldn't make the huge triple and that i don't have the modded motors. And yes i live 20 minutes from this track but why would i go if the triple is entirly to big and i would have to single all of them. i have also talked to allen and terry and everyone wanted big air and it was put in so where are all the racers? they can't make it every week with 1 or 2 guys showing up.
Brian, i didn't think it really needed any changes for tenth scale. We couldn't do the triple anyway, it was a double single for eighth scale. What is a double for eighth scale is 2 singles for slashes. You guys with brushless lipos got more power than us nitro slobs anyway. It baffles me as to why all classes aren't at the same track most of the time. Hell, i ran my truggy alot last winter at bumps and jumps and sucked it up running on a tenth scale track cuz i wanted to race. The tenth scale buggies need more track than we do to stretch out on with those ballistic motors u guys run. Rob Hamm
Old 08-10-2009, 03:15 PM
Tech Adept

Rob, i can see your point but all that was changed was the triple was is now a big table top that is at least as long if not longer than the doubles that you were only clearing except now you don't have the extra jump. it isn't even shorter in height as the doubles. and the aproach to the table top is staight and banked instead of the triple that you hit the first at an angle and then the other two staight on. and you wonder why all classes aren't at the track together well this is why we are trying something to help this i have been there to run my electric cars and the track is awsome and just need IMO to be tamed down just a little on the jumps, some guys just don't like to see huge jumps wether its 1/10 or 1/8 scales. Iam just trying help out to get another facility that all of us and even get new kids into racing.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kshreders
Now it's gettig deep time to bring back as the track turns!!!!
Lets run it don't mater what you run lets have fun for a few years i ran gas both 10th and 1/8th and now back to elec and like it the best just my 2 cents
Kurt ,

behave urself , that was fun though as the track turns , had many a good laughs with that ........

Later
Bruce
Old 08-10-2009, 04:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 1988forever
One thing Pitstop is NOT CLOSING!!!!!! 2. How many times have you been here 3 it just seems to me there is a lot of winning going on just shut up and race i traval 2 to 3 hrs a week to race and don't cry about that wake up and suport the local tracks or there will be none
I hope pitstop doesn't close. I learned to race there and am very fond of the joint. I stopped last sat on way home from XRC. Wanted to take some laps but the rain started falling. I raced there quite a bit last year so send your horseshit elsewhere.
Kurt, where you been? Haven't seen you since i bought that v spec from ya at motorama. Are you gonna come up to drums for some racing?
Old 08-10-2009, 06:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Could these issues be resolved already? Instead of talking about it, how about people show up so we can actually race. Im getting tired of all the talking and no racing. Why cant we race at least once a month?
Old 08-10-2009, 06:34 PM
Tech Adept

Default Hobby Headquarters RC Track

Thanks everybody new and old for your continued support towards keeping the track running, my wife and I are by no means quitters and will do what we have to, to keep our track and Hobby Shop running and open to everyone from beginner to advanced, from electric to nitro. We are a Hobby Shop and feel we need to support the whole hobby, Our flying field as well which is also prospering. We have been aggravated the past several weeks for its been no shows on race day or for that matter during the week or Saturday, We need some support from our local racers or there will be no more RC Track.

Sincerely Allen
Old 08-10-2009, 07:08 PM
Tech Adept

Allen, i much appreicate you/Terry for trying to make your track and the hobby in general be better for the racers and maybe the new comers into this hobby. We need tracks/hobby shops to make this hobby grow no matter what type of racing we have. thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.