R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Track Locator Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum-37/)
-   -   TEMECULA OFFROAD RACING (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum/196269-temecula-offroad-racing.html)

nc-hopsing 12-18-2007 12:47 PM

TEMECULA OFFROAD RACING

Alright, here's the scoop on the new ARC Raceway!!! This place is going to be sweet.......;)

http://arcraceway.com

Dan the owner is putting ALOT of work and money into this new facility. When I got to the track, he was there BY HIMSELF working on the finishing touches of the drivers stand.

He's hoping to have the track up and running towards the end of January sometime. I know..it seems like forever, but be patient, it will be worth it. :sneaky:

The new track is being built in Temecula at the Vail Lake Resort. From the 15 freeway, head east on Highway 79 South for almost exactly 8.5 miles. The track is nestled in the back of the campground between some hills.

The track size is 180 by 90. Usable straightaway is about 160 ft.

Drivers stand will accomodate 15 drivers and is 40ft long and about 10 ft high. If any of you raced at the old ARC, the stand looks alot like that one, only its all new and looks huge. Same storage box from the old track for the drivers stand only now the timing equipment is in an enclosed room extended off the end of the stand.

The drivers stand is also oriented in a way that you will never be facing the sun. No more sun in your eyes

Lots of parking is being grated out.

Pit tables will be on a concrete pad (yet to be poured) that will accomodate approx. 150 drivers. Eventually, all the pits will be COVERED by a permanent structure, but for now you will have to live with the 40 by 80ft tent that will cover about half of the drivers.

Water was tapped into and piped to the track for the ability to keep the track surface dialed.

Electricity will be provided by the same generator that was used at the old track. Eventually, there will also be power brought in by "normal" means of cables and poles.

There will also again be an onsite hobby shop available to supply those of you who like to break parts

And being that the nearest food source is almost exactly 5 miles from the track, ARC will again have their own "Cafe" available for those who like to eat.

Dan also has a few "surprises" planned. One of which he wouldnt tell me. But he did show me where it was going, and he did say that no other facility has ever had anything like this.

There will also be some bleachers for spectators and eventually, he wants to put up a couple of big "scoreboards" so that spectators and racers can keep tabs of the races.

There were some people requesting that it be electric friendly...well folks that wont be a problem at all. In fact, he said that if there is a big enough group of people, that he would do an all electric race day. In the mean time, electrics will be welcome on normal racedays and be included in the race program if needed.

Dan is bound to make ARC one of the finest race venues in California, and by the looks of it, it just might be. He's putting in a lot of sweat and $$$ to give all of us a place to race, so I hope that the racing community supports him and comes out to play when it opens.

I will be keeping tabs on the progress when I can, so if you have any questions, post them here and I'll see if I can answer them, or find the answer out.

nc-hopsing 12-18-2007 01:02 PM

I'm going to try and head back over to the track and get some pics, just to give you guys an idea of the place....;)

Syber Serulean 12-18-2007 01:07 PM

There were some people requesting that it be electric friendly...well folks that wont be a problem at all. In fact, he said that if there is a big enough group of people, that he would do an all electric race day. In the mean time, electrics will be welcome on normal racedays and be included in the race program if needed.

usually when i think electric friendly...i think things like not putting humongous super jumps like the one at Revelation and stuff. Only the fast mod guys can make it and half of them will break trying, you know? Ill prolly check it out tho :nod:

nc-hopsing 12-18-2007 02:41 PM

Here are some current construction pics :D

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3...1/DSC01291.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3...1/DSC01290.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3...1/DSC01289.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3...1/DSC01293.jpg

nc-hopsing 12-18-2007 02:45 PM

Here's an up high view from the hillside.....The fenced in portion in front of the track is the parking lot, along with where the silver SUV is parked. The pits will be right behind the drivers stand.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3...1/DSC01303.jpg

teeforb 12-18-2007 11:16 PM

do you have to go through twirly mountains to get here?

traxxas_jato 12-19-2007 01:08 AM

no its not twirly roads, its not far even if it was, he said 8 miles.
jeff

nc-hopsing 12-19-2007 09:00 AM

Its just on the outskirts of town. Not far at all

teeforb 12-30-2007 08:34 AM

any news?

nc-hopsing 01-03-2008 04:11 PM

Went over there today. Pit lane for the gas cars is built. Nice raised platform, pit crews will be standing on a concrete pad. Track dimensions were layed out, Drivers stand is pretty much finished except for paint. I heard some of the cool ideas that will be incorporated into the facility;) Very cool.....too bad I cant say what it is. :D Slowly its being done, hopefully the rain stays away as much as possible. End of January is very possible if everything goes right. :nod: This place is going to be nice.

cornerspeed 01-03-2008 05:52 PM

Thanks for the update Steve. Did you by chance get any more photo's?

K_King 01-03-2008 06:01 PM

10th scale electric friendly?

nc-hopsing 01-03-2008 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by K_King (Post 4035571)
10th scale electric friendly?

Whats up Kaaaaaaaaang!!:cool: Yup, I talked with him and he will support electric racers if they show up to race. IF enough people were to show interest and actually show up to race, he is would be willing to do an electric only race day like twice a month.

nc-hopsing 01-03-2008 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by cornerspeed (Post 4035538)
Thanks for the update Steve. Did you by chance get any more photo's?

Donny, I didnt get to get more pics.....I may try to swing by there on Sunday to drop off an A/C unit to Dan, I'll try to get some more then.

This place is going to be soo much nicer than the Murrieta location...:D

nc-hopsing 01-03-2008 07:08 PM

One more thing, at alot of the tracks, pit spaces are near impossible to get through on a busy race day.......While I was there, we were talking and it looks as though the spacing between the pit tables will be 8ft ;) That will allow racers to be in their pit space, and will still allow racers/spectators/pit crews to walk by. :nod:

cornerspeed 01-03-2008 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by nc-hopsing (Post 4035875)
One more thing, at alot of the tracks, pit spaces are near impossible to get through on a busy race day.......While I was there, we were talking and it looks as though the spacing between the pit tables will be 8ft ;) That will allow racers to be in their pit space, and will still allow racers/spectators/pit crews to walk by. :nod:

That will be really nice.:D

teeforb 01-03-2008 08:23 PM

Is there any space to bring your own tables and tents?

nc-hopsing 01-03-2008 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by teeforb (Post 4036186)
Is there any space to bring your own tables and tents?

Yes there will be :nod:

teeforb 01-05-2008 04:19 PM

Any new pics?

nc-hopsing 01-06-2008 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by teeforb (Post 4042032)
Any new pics?

Not yet :(

nc-hopsing 01-22-2008 12:42 PM

5 Attachment(s)
New Pics!

A little update, went out to the track during a rain break to check out progress. The surrounding barriers for the track are built. It looks huge. There are paint marks on the ground where the pits and various other things are going to be placed.

You may be able to see in some of the pics, that there is quite a bit of room around the perimeter of the track. That extra room is going to allow for bleachers to be installed later in different locations around the track. Most tracks you go to only have bleachers or room for watching at one end or side of a track. You should be able to go just about anywhere around this track to get a good view of the racing action!

A couple of things about this facility that will be unique. The fact that it is at the Vail Lake Resort means that there is camping available very close the track site. A big race will allow for RV's and Trailers to camp out about a 100yds away from the track. There is also a waterslide and a small minature golf course on site, as well as mounting biking trails in the surrounding hills. A great place to have a family vacation while racing!!!

On with the pics

nc-hopsing 01-22-2008 12:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
One more pic. In this shot you can see how wide the pit lane area will be....notice that it is framed for a concrete pad to stand on.

Vanilla Gorilla 02-04-2008 07:26 PM

Any news on how the track is coming along? Cant wait to get out there!!!!

nc-hopsing 02-04-2008 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Vanilla Gorilla (Post 4147511)
Any news on how the track is coming along? Cant wait to get out there!!!!

Not yet, I'll be heading over there on Wednesday to get an update though. Hopefully there has been progress even with the rain we have been having.

Vanilla Gorilla 02-07-2008 01:13 PM

Hey Steve any update on the track?

nc-hopsing 02-07-2008 03:17 PM

Not yet. :( I went over there yesterday, but the entrance into the Resort itself was closed off with construction work being done. So, I wasnt able to get in to where the track was at. I'll try to get over there on Sunday morning and see how its coming. :D

mwry13 02-14-2008 10:58 PM

Anything new on the track... i took a break from RC right when u guys opened up and came back right when u guys closed :(

I heard u had a very nice track goin out there... cant wait to get back to some 1/10 scale... 1/8 scale is fun but so much matenence...

nc-hopsing 02-15-2008 07:28 AM

I'm going to head over there Monday to check out progress. I didnt get to get over there this past Sunday.

teeforb 02-15-2008 10:08 AM

Oh, this track is gonna be so HOT!!! :nod:

Check out photos on website: http://arcraceway.com/

nc-hopsing 02-15-2008 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by teeforb (Post 4180295)
Oh, this track is gonna be so HOT!!! :nod:

Check out photos on website: http://arcraceway.com/

Yup, pretty much almost the same photos that I posted above ;)

Track is going to be awesome.

Jon Kerr 02-17-2008 01:59 PM

Man I can't wait for this track to open up. So Steve, are we going to see you sack up and run a nitro buggy once this is open? :p :lol:

nc-hopsing 02-18-2008 05:50 PM

Jon- Maybe.............if you're lucky ;)

Went to the track today. Some progress has been made. The drivers stand and barrier surrounding the track has been painted. Pit table construction has started. Its looking pretty good....actually really good. No one was out there today, so I wasnt able to get any kind of time frame for an opening. If I hear anything, I will be sure to post on here!

RcOldskool 02-18-2008 07:41 PM

Hi,

I used to race back in the early 90's and now that my 13yr old son has the bug, he wants to get into racing and I'll be pitting for him. What classes does ARC have? I've got him practicing but I'm sure he might hack someone on accident while he gets acclimated in a competitive environment. He'll be racing a Jammin CRT Truggy. I've checked out Palomar because they're close by but it seems like they can't get anything going and the director stepped down from what the forum says. ARC is even closer for us.
Do you need ROAR membership at ARC also?

Any help would be appreciated.

Jon Kerr 02-18-2008 09:22 PM

If I remember correctly ARC had 3 classes of buggies (sportsman, expert, and pro I think) and 2 classes of truggy. (Sportsman and expert) But I think truggies have gained in popularity over the last year since they closed the old location so that may change. If your son's never raced, I'd sign him up for the lower class to see where his skill stacks up. And as for hacking people accidentally, that's why there's lower classes. As long as he's not a real danger to the other cars and to the turn marshals, I'm sure he'll be just fine. We're all out there to have fun. Just teach him the rules of on track etiquette (most racers could use a few lessons in this) and safety and go have fun.

nc-hopsing 02-19-2008 07:38 AM

And to add, once they are open...practice days will be available as well. I would get him out to the track a few of times beforehand to get used to the track layout and being on a track with other drivers (you didnt mention if he's been on an actual track yet) That way, when he does enter an actual race he'll know what to expect.

I'll keep posting more info as I find out about ARC opening...........

RcOldskool 02-19-2008 06:13 PM

Thanks for the info guys. He did race on road a while back when he was 8 (13 now) at the Hobby People in Corona but lost interest because it's just going in circles and got bored. He really wanted off road but there weren't any tracks around here at that time unless we had to travel 60+ miles. He still knows race etiquette so he should pick up quickly. He's learning cornering and jumping techniques by practicing at the school behind us but thats on his own so it'll be interesting to see him with others. We'll definately practice when they open. See ya' all there.

Thanks, Fred

nc-hopsing 02-20-2008 07:03 AM

Where are you located at? There are some alternatives to go practice or race at for now. Barona (Family Hobbies) has been racing (check their thread for info/schedule, San Diego Gas Offroad), and there is Hemet R/C (they also have a thread on here) that has practice available I think three times a week and racing on Saturdays. Hemet is only about 40 minutes from Temecula.

RcOldskool 02-23-2008 10:24 PM

We're near the corner of Butterfield Stage Road and 79 South. ARC will be perfect being just 4 miles down the road from us. We've been to Hemet Race Park a couple times and also Revelation but that's kinda' far. I might drive over to ARC tomorrow to see just exactly where it's at. Looks like it's tucked way in back from the 79.

Keep us posted on any new news with ARC.

Thanks!!!

nc-hopsing 02-25-2008 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by RcOldskool (Post 4200339)
We're near the corner of Butterfield Stage Road and 79 South. ARC will be perfect being just 4 miles down the road from us. We've been to Hemet Race Park a couple times and also Revelation but that's kinda' far. I might drive over to ARC tomorrow to see just exactly where it's at. Looks like it's tucked way in back from the 79.

Keep us posted on any new news with ARC.

Thanks!!!

Nice, I used to live up in the houses behind the feed store right there. Now I live over off Winchester.

I run primarily electric, so I'm in Ontario at Pegasus almost every weekend which is just about an hour drive. I will be trying to get some electric racing going on at ARC though! And it will be my "home" track for practicing :D

traxxas_jato 02-27-2008 11:49 AM

is the track open during the days for people to check it out?