Wiki Posts
Search

TEMECULA OFFROAD RACING

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 11:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mike Davis
Its lame to say that Dan has been burned by tractor guys in the past. Jerry Blodgett and myself are the only guys I can think of in the past who have built tracks for Dan, and to say he has been burned is way out of line. I have never been compensated for my time or fuel and seing as how Jerry wont go back out there with his tractor im sure that he hasnt either. There is too much maintenance and cost involved with running these tractors to do it for free. Besides when someone is profiting off of your hard work it doesnt sit that well to not be reimbursed something as little as the fuel cost or the time to get the machine out to the track.
Please read my post. I don't say anything about him being burned by tractor guys in the past.

I do not speak for Dan, but as Dirty Dez does not have any way of calling Dan and Dan does not have a way of contacting him, I was relaying some information.

I have no way of knowing why Dan is apprehensive about taking help from Dirty Dez. This "apprehension" is just the way many people protect themselves from problems. I for one wouldn't blame anyone for doing that.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:54 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mike Davis
Its lame to say that Dan has been burned by tractor guys in the past. Jerry Blodgett and myself are the only guys I can think of in the past who have built tracks for Dan, and to say he has been burned is way out of line. I have never been compensated for my time or fuel and seing as how Jerry wont go back out there with his tractor im sure that he hasnt either. There is too much maintenance and cost involved with running these tractors to do it for free. Besides when someone is profiting off of your hard work it doesnt sit that well to not be reimbursed something as little as the fuel cost or the time to get the machine out to the track.
I wonder if there are two sides to that story?? I would be willing to bet there is, but the other side (Dan) probably doesn't own a computer so won't be defending himself here. Bottom line is that anyone putting in that much work (obviosly Mike Davis at some point) should be well compensated for his time and equipment. I have been very involved in building tracks (a long time ago) and it is a rediculous amount of work. ARC is a great place to race and the only way to make it better is to help the cause, not hurt it by talking crap on this forum.
Brandon
Old 11-07-2008, 07:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

you know getting on hear and reading this you would think Dan was some kind of ungrateful jerk who doesn't appreciate help,and not pay the people that build his track.I talk to Dan just about every day and all he was saying is a bobcat with tracks on it Like Mike Davis has is the better"easier" way of building the track.And as far paying for diesel fuel for the project(shakes head) please!Do you think he would expect you the builder to pay for fuel? Dan is about the nicest guy you could know and is willing to compensate the track builders with fuel,time,and whatever he can.I also know that we are trying to get 3-4 loads of clay in the next couple of weeks,And at that time there will be a new layout with improvements.Any questions you can call Dan or myself.
Dan 951-760-4573
Danny 951-296-8752
Old 11-07-2008, 08:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Well ok, that is Dan's track.. if he wants to spend money on rental and etc instead of someone brings a bobcat to do the job.. I dont know what he is talking about tires doing some damage, honestly tracks could do job better yes, but if you dont want the tires to damage the surface, simply dont make an hardcore turns make some roll outs like you would do in a car going back and forth foward and reverse without turning too sharp.. but oh well.. I am experinced with the ones has wheels and building tracks with it..

I wish him luck... My new boss is interested in building a new race track, so we are still dicussing about it. Not quiet sure where yet..
Old 11-07-2008, 08:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Oh yeah I ADD THIS.. Reveloution raceway, thunder alley track uses bobcat with wheels!
Old 11-07-2008, 08:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Tractor with tracks is preferred.A tractor with wheels is just a little extra work.Arc has used both.Not to say we would never use a tractor with wheels.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:36 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dannyg1970
you know getting on hear and reading this you would think Dan was some kind of ungrateful jerk who doesn't appreciate help,and not pay the people that build his track.I talk to Dan just about every day and all he was saying is a bobcat with tracks on it Like Mike Davis has is the better"easier" way of building the track.And as far paying for diesel fuel for the project(shakes head) please!Do you think he would expect you the builder to pay for fuel? Dan is about the nicest guy you could know and is willing to compensate the track builders with fuel,time,and whatever he can.I also know that we are trying to get 3-4 loads of clay in the next couple of weeks,And at that time there will be a new layout with improvements.Any questions you can call Dan or myself.
Dan 951-760-4573
Danny 951-296-8752
Very well said. Dan is about the nicest guy you would ever hope to meet. It is funny how people like to talk crap over the smallest things. Dan is completely aware of any shortcomings ARC may have. He has plans to fix them all and make the facility one of the best around. We all know that is has the potential to be great. What I don't understand is that people are even complaining. ARC is a GREAT track. It is big, has a great covered drivers stand, good lighting (will get better soon), it is centrally located, in a safe area, etc. Basically he just needs better clay and that is going to happen very soon. Maybe your car doesn't work over the "bumps" and "blown out" corners as well as you want because you need to learn how to set up a car for a bumpy track. Try changing shock locations, pistons, oil, etc and make your car work better....I have and I work on it every weekend.
To DirtyDezPirate, I am sure that he appreciates all of your work and effort in helping him with the track. If you offer your services and equipment and he declines, don't get offended by it. Take it for what it is and that's it. I am sure it is nothing to take personal. We all appreciate that you want to help make ARC better.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by dannyg1970
Tractor with tracks is preferred.A tractor with wheels is just a little extra work.Arc has used both.Not to say we would never use a tractor with wheels.
yeah but the track still has messed up bumps from that tractor, in my option it doesnt matter, its just how you guys work on the track.. lazy or just trying to do it fast.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Looks like we will have awesome race weather this weekend at ARC! Come on out and race with your friends! See all of you there! Lets get all ARC racers to show up and show us why ARC racers are some of the fastest in the U.S.A.!!!
Old 11-12-2008, 12:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default races

i will be there for sure.some of my buddies will be there also.what class are you running chris.
Old 11-12-2008, 02:55 PM
Tech Regular

After all the tractor chatter was the track changed?
Old 11-12-2008, 05:35 PM
Tech Adept

yeah..any word on a new layout/fix?
it was getting pretty bad last time i was there.

i think this plays a major part on where people choose to race on the weekends.
im all for supporting ARC and i understand that it is offroad but if people choose to go somewhere else then its no fun for anyone.
Old 11-12-2008, 07:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Gibby I will bring whatever starts on Saturday morning! Probably truggy I got some stuff I want to try. I dont have to build any cars this week so I am good. I do not know if they have a new layout, I just want some wheel time and I get plenty of it at ARC!
Old 11-12-2008, 08:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by karnao
yeah..any word on a new layout/fix?
it was getting pretty bad last time i was there.

i think this plays a major part on where people choose to race on the weekends.
im all for supporting ARC and i understand that it is offroad but if people choose to go somewhere else then its no fun for anyone.
I had a pretty long talk with Dan today. Next week, there will be a new layout....including several truckloads of sifted CLAY. Basically, the track is getting a whole re-vamp. The problem with the track falling apart has nothing to do with people being "lazy" as some have stated. Most who have worked on a track know that after you patch a hole, it just gets dug up again even quicker. This is especially true with dirt that doesn't pack well to begin with. The problem with the ARC track falling apart is the DIRT....simple as that. As of next week that will be changed. Again, Dan will be mixing in 5-6 truckloads of 100% sifted CLAY. This will make a huge improvement to the track. Also to all who keep bashing ARC for the tractor tires or tracks, whatever..... just call him directly and you will get the answers you are looking for. I can assure you that Dan has listened and is fully aware of any and all issues that ARC may have. The largest issue...the blown out track, dirt, etc. will be cured next week. As for this Saturday, I think the typical track maintenance and a few pipe changes will be the only changes. Either way, I will be there.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:06 PM
Tech Regular

I never thought the track was blown out! Maybe a few ruts here and there....whats the big deal?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.