R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Track Locator Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum-37/)
-   -   San Diego On-Road Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum/169886-san-diego-road-racing.html)

veejay323 08-14-2007 04:16 PM

discount hobby guys... would it be ok to have a weekday afternoon practice at the same location? Probably around 5pm wednesdays or thursdays until the sun goes down. You'll probably be closed, but would there be any problems if we just went out there and set something up?

I have some astro turf strips and window blind slats that work great for setting up practice tracks. Some others may have old skool style firehose or rain gutter

Just want to get an idea... don't want to step on any toes or anything :batman:

karlo511 08-16-2007 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by MikeR (Post 3574305)
Today was a blast. Turn out indeed was pretty good. Good to see all of the 18R's out in force:nod:
Hope to be there in 2 weeks!

mike, if you make it out, that power still available?...missed last time due to wife issues:deathstar:cry:

Cgracing 08-16-2007 10:09 AM

I might make it out for a while Mike,Karl i will let you know if I can bring more power also.to Discount,do you want the drivers stands from Oceanside as it now looks as if we are done up there.also talking to tweb for the timing system,still in storage but due out this week.Can deliver the stands.Great meeting yall last week and seeing mike kill the 18th mod.

karlo511 08-16-2007 10:34 AM

sorry to hear that about oceanside, was fun while it lasted...
the stands and timing loop would definitely be a plus for DHW:nod:

Rcbasher06 08-16-2007 05:28 PM

i dont think that practicing would be a problem the only thing i'm worrying about is cleanup. if you guys keep it clean i'm all for it.

veejay323 08-16-2007 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Rcbasher06 (Post 3588051)
i dont think that practicing would be a problem the only thing i'm worrying about is cleanup. if you guys keep it clean i'm all for it.

yah sounds good... wouldn't want to jeopardize anything and would make sure the lot is cleaner than we left it.

Billy-Ho 08-17-2007 11:13 AM

Hey Marty, I'm gonna bring my stock car out next time.....You goin?....Had a blast in the mini missle class.....Thanx DHW for the prize, that was coolio...

Mike I want production chassis #00001:sneaky::lol::lol: The car's both were good...but the one in the main seemed more hooked up. Super trick looking also:nod:...Can't wait to drive one!

Next Sunday ya'll, woop!woop!

MikeR 08-17-2007 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Billy-Ho (Post 3590421)
Hey Marty, I'm gonna bring my stock car out next time.....You goin?....Had a blast in the mini missle class.....Thanx DHW for the prize, that was coolio...

Mike I want production chassis #00001:sneaky::lol::lol: The car's both were good...but the one in the main seemed more hooked up. Super trick looking also:nod:...Can't wait to drive one!

Thanks Billy,

#0001... you got it ;)

Ran the same mini all 3 races.... just laid the rear shock down 1 more hole and put in lighter oil.... dialed!

Is it time to race yet??:cry:

mountaindr3wz 08-18-2007 11:23 AM

Well it looks like I'm getting a ft tc4 so I can try to get out there and race. Problem is a ride gettin there

martin salgado 08-20-2007 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Billy-Ho (Post 3590421)

I'll be out this sunday... As long as VJ comes out with the shade... LOL :D I gotta buy him lunch. LOL

I'll run stock. And i'll run 18th again that is a blast... have an old mamba set laying around... i think i might mount it up. but stock 18th was fun.

veejay323 08-20-2007 02:21 PM

i'll most likely be there sunday...

I might have a new generator by then too! (my old one took a crap on me then someone stole it from my front yard! haha)

sdelamparo 08-21-2007 03:10 AM

1/12 scale

hey guys bring out your 1/12 scale this weekend. lets get a class started!!

martin salgado 08-21-2007 10:17 AM

vj let me know. i'll chip in for gas

mountaindr3wz 08-21-2007 10:43 AM

just wondering how many people you can squezze on 1 generator?

MikeR 08-21-2007 02:15 PM

If you guys are looking to power your solder irons I'm more than happy to let anyone use the iron on my pit table. I leave it out as kind of the community iron.