Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 07:33 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by OSR
I hope that everybody realizes that we are all competitors and winning or finishing high is nice. But! Racing is something we do at the end of a busy,hectic work week to unwind and have some fun with our friends and fellow racers. Lets remind ourselves that we are only racing R C cars and that our lives and responsibilites will go on no matter if we finish high or low on Saturday or Sunday.
The two races I've been to since my return have been a little disturbing. The whole attitude of most people today is on a rapid decline!! You'll be talking to an aquaitance in the pitts who seems like someone that you could become friends with....seemingly upstanding individual. Then you hit the track and it's like everyone except yourself has the gangster attitude. Things don't have to be this way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We can be competitive,race hard , but still be fair and humble. Enemies are easy to make, but they are worthless in your life and usually in theirs as well. Friends can be hard to make ,but once you have them they are a priceless gift that will always be by your side, and they will be the ones willing to forgive and forget.
McGhee
Well said.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Mike, Just when I have all but talked myself out of E-Scale, you offer me a chance to get some of your hard earned money.

I wll personally put up $200.00 for an E-scale race.
I may just have to take you up on that!
Old 03-13-2010, 09:15 AM
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Default ed

Originally Posted by Ed237
Mike, Just when I have all but talked myself out of E-Scale, you offer me a chance to get some of your hard earned money.

I may just have to take you up on that!
My plan is to spark interest in the class. I've only put two race weekends on mine and I've had fun learning and adjusting. I know everyone has their preference, but maybe there are those who haven't tried it yet. So the offer of a cash payout stands as long as we get 5 entries. If we get six or more I will sit out and everyone in the top 4 will take some of my money!
I really do think that people who are curious enough to take the plunge will be happy racing an electric and stick with it
Old 03-13-2010, 09:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OSR
My mind is getting wayyyyyyyy too close to 40 years old, I forgot your name as well. Although I don't think it's Morris anynore.....isn't it "I'm in New Heat" or something like that?
well mike im not new to 1/8 this summer.so i cant be called the new 1/8 heat yo!!
so on that note.im matt morris-the 1/8 heat yo!!

lol
Old 03-13-2010, 10:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OSR
I wll personally put up $200.00 for an E-scale race. I figure it could pay first - fourth places......possibly as follows: 1. 75.00 2. 50.00 3. 40.00 4. 35.00
I will have to clear this with Rob. The only thing I require is that we would have at least 5 entries.

Have at it Mike, I will provide the venue. Good luck to all the E-Scalers.

Let me know of a date and I will add it to the calendar.

I love challenges.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by OSR
I hope that everybody realizes that we are all competitors and winning or finishing high is nice. But! Racing is something we do at the end of a busy,hectic work week to unwind and have some fun with our friends and fellow racers. Lets remind ourselves that we are only racing R C cars and that our lives and responsibilites will go on no matter if we finish high or low on Saturday or Sunday.
The two races I've been to since my return have been a little disturbing. The whole attitude of most people today is on a rapid decline!! You'll be talking to an aquaitance in the pitts who seems like someone that you could become friends with....seemingly upstanding individual. Then you hit the track and it's like everyone except yourself has the gangster attitude. Things don't have to be this way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We can be competitive,race hard , but still be fair and humble. Enemies are easy to make, but they are worthless in your life and usually in theirs as well. Friends can be hard to make ,but once you have them they are a priceless gift that will always be by your side, and they will be the ones willing to forgive and forget.
McGhee
Originally Posted by OSR
Brad,

I'm aware that the last post wasn't very manly. But please know that I'm not going to consider your alternative lifestyle. But also know that no matter how you choose to live your life I'm still your friend

Thank you for the kind words Michelle! It's nice to know that you would return the "friendly" offering after I've looked through your Beastiality addiction. Although disturbing, I'm not going to judge you because you like farm animals!

I agree with the second post as well but also know that I do not condone the fact that you'll take somebody out for a position! Just a couple of suggestions here:

1: Announce at the beginning of each race you attend that your not there to make friends!

2: Paint your car "Back Marker Orange/Red" so fellow racers know to avoid you on the track!

3: Offer people money to race your class to give them false hope of winning cash, but HACK them on the last lap and take the money you offered!

4: Take me with you when traveling! Trust me, you would never have to listen to SHIT like that!
Old 03-13-2010, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by morris
well mike im not new to 1/8 this summer.so i cant be called the new 1/8 heat yo!!
so on that note.im matt morris-the 1/8 heat yo!!

lol
Matt, McGhee is joking about my alternative lifestyle! Sooooooo if you come to race in heat DO NOT look my way!

Last edited by gixxerman; 03-13-2010 at 01:30 PM.
Old 03-13-2010, 03:31 PM
Tech Regular

Default OSR's

Rob may need to split things up a little more this year...competitive, fair, and humble class and straight up gangster class.

Hopefully we can have a drivers meeting every raceday and go over drivers etiquette (I think that's how it's spelled).
Old 03-13-2010, 05:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Late Model

What kind of cars are people using for the Nitro and 13.5 late model classes?
Old 03-13-2010, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dalmat36
What kind of cars are people using for the Nitro and 13.5 late model classes?
Not sure what will show for nitro but I will be running a HD Havoc 2.0.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gixxerman
Matt, McGhee is joking about my alternative lifestyle! Sooooooo if you come to race in heat DO NOT look my way!
brad,
if i did show up in heat your are the last person i would want to see.lol

Last edited by morris; 03-14-2010 at 07:54 AM.
Old 03-13-2010, 09:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OSR
I wll personally put up $200.00 for an E-scale race. I figure it could pay first - fourth places......possibly as follows: 1. 75.00 2. 50.00 3. 40.00 4. 35.00
I will have to clear this with Rob. The only thing I require is that we would have at least 5 entries.
Is that for electric only!..
Old 03-14-2010, 07:13 AM
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Default Plenty of Time

Originally Posted by lovell
Is that for electric only!..
Yes. Electric only. But I'm thinking about asking Rob to have it 4 0r 5 weeks into the season....plenty of time for you to get yours running
Old 03-14-2010, 07:15 AM
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Default Lovell in Truggy results?????

Originally Posted by OSR
Yes. Electric only. But I'm thinking about asking Rob to have it 4 0r 5 weeks into the season....plenty of time for you to get yours running
When the hell did you get a truggy????
Old 03-14-2010, 08:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OSR
When the hell did you get a truggy????
Did I run truggy?!!
They must of put my name in the wrong class at sign up!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.