Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 05:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I have to agree with Isaac on the 4 wheel slash. I think this is actually going to wipe out the 2wd drive class now though.
Old 10-11-2009, 05:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nighthawk
http://www.traxxas.com/products/elec...ml#/content-01

can you say "my next favorite Spec class" ??????????????

I sooo want one, been reading reviews and other forums about it, people are flipping out, i can totaly see this taking off as a spec class.

There has been a big buzz about them and they sound cool, I would love to see that stock 4x4 class happen.....on the down side i heard thru the grapevine the Slash 4x4 package is gonna be around $450 (again all rumors)
Old 10-11-2009, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Did you guys race today? How was it?

Originally Posted by gixxerman
The shoes last forever, I've got probably 6 gallons + on them with little sign of wear. I'm on my SECOND set of clutch bearings for the year, t.
Gotcha, but I think that is par for the course for carbon shoes in general. Since I have been running 1/8 buggy(7 years) I have only run OFNA carbon shoes. I experimented with aluminum at Altoona and went back. I leave my shoes and springs in for the whole season 9-12 gallons!!! When I first started coming to Altoona I was Matt Morris style......Some $1 clutch bearings would make it 4 gallons. Now I run special clutch bearings and change them for preventative reasons.

If the First stop at Altoona was the 'Hillbilly playoffs' with some racers missing...... this Saturday is gonna be the "Hillbilly Superbowl' Yee haw
Old 10-11-2009, 10:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default under $400

Originally Posted by NeverATiteLine
There has been a big buzz about them and they sound cool, I would love to see that stock 4x4 class happen.....on the down side i heard thru the grapevine the Slash 4x4 package is gonna be around $450 (again all rumors)

this is right from traxxas guys!:

"We haven't zeroed in on the final price, but it'll be under $400 and in stores for early December."

so these things will be released with a street price under 400, im so getting one.

and with them being near 400, i just dont see them killing the spec 2wd class, to much money. but i do see it getting alot of racers that are not new to the hobby, and 10th 4wd electric guys into short corse.

cant wait!
Old 10-11-2009, 10:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default vid

heres a pretty sick "real" vid of 2 of them running on you tube.

http://www.youtube.com/user/AirAgeMe.../2/6aIETCc9InA
Old 10-12-2009, 07:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Oh my

Originally Posted by rallyebmx

If the First stop at Altoona was the 'Hillbilly playoffs' with some racers missing...... this Saturday is gonna be the "Hillbilly Superbowl' Yee haw
Now that right there has to be one of the funniest things I have ever heard. I think I may have even pee'd alittle when I read it.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rallyebmx
Did you guys race today? How was it?

Gotcha, but I think that is par for the course for carbon shoes in general. Since I have been running 1/8 buggy(7 years) I have only run OFNA carbon shoes. I experimented with aluminum at Altoona and went back. I leave my shoes and springs in for the whole season 9-12 gallons!!! When I first started coming to Altoona I was Matt Morris style......Some $1 clutch bearings would make it 4 gallons. Now I run special clutch bearings and change them for preventative reasons.

I don't really have any experience with any other clutch, other than the Losi one, which IMO is more poorly designed than the buggy itself. I'm going to throw the stock Mugen one on for now, but I'd like to screw around with shorter headers and lower tooth bells.

No we didn't race yesterday, just practice and testing. The track was to dirty when we first got there and we couldn't seem to get the damn cows to move off the track. Once we got rolling though I had to leave for a short period of time because my wife ran out of Copenhagen fine cut! It was a good day overall!
YEE-HAW!!!!!

on a side note, my Dixie horn FINALLY came in for my truck!
Old 10-12-2009, 08:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Old 10-12-2009, 08:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gixxerman
I don't really have any experience with any other clutch, other than the Losi one, which IMO is more poorly designed than the buggy itself. I'm going to throw the stock Mugen one on for now, but I'd like to screw around with shorter headers and lower tooth bells.

No we didn't race yesterday, just practice and testing. The track was to dirty when we first got there and we couldn't seem to get the damn cows to move off the track. Once we got rolling though I had to leave for a short period of time because my wife ran out of Copenhagen fine cut! It was a good day overall!
YEE-HAW!!!!!

on a side note, my Dixie horn FINALLY came in for my truck!

Cant wait for the "hillbilly super bowl" looks like it is gonna be mighty chilly out there, I think I'm gonna go sheer the sheep tonight and make me a pudry wool blanket. If I get the time i am gonna incorporate one of them old coffee cans so I dont have to uncover to use the spitter!
Old 10-12-2009, 08:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Damn EllieMae, I TQ'ed that one

Old 10-12-2009, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

Cant wait for the "hillbilly super bowl" looks like it is gonna be mighty chilly out there, I think I'm gonna go sheer the sheep tonight and make me a pudry wool blanket. If I get the time i am gonna incorporate one of them old coffee cans so I dont have to uncover to use the spitter!
Hey! Speaking of chilly, I sure could go for some right now!
Old 10-12-2009, 09:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by robwike
Well, Wike left the cat out of the bag! Everyone...........meet Jebidiah.......our track PRO and new voice of the Altoona Raceway!!!! He'll also be in charge getting the livestock off the track before race day!

LMFAO!!!!!!!!
Old 10-12-2009, 09:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Yes

Yea, I was going to keep him a secret but I slipped up.

He's a hard worker, can build dirt jumps and ironically was a star on TV. He did campaign commericals for Altoona's City Council.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Not an Altoona native though

He is not originally from Altoona though. He moved up here from one of the Carolina's, heard there were good tracks to race on.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Gotta love the forums! Makin you pay for that comment Hambone

Cant wait for the "hillbilly super bowl" looks like it is gonna be mighty chilly out there,
I know, you guys thinking what I am...... 1/8 buggy will be anyones game now cause there is no way Ed Toth is gonna show in this weather!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.