Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 06:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Nathan, I got your membership money. Your membership packet will be mailed in the next day or two.

Thank you.

Last edited by robwike; 02-25-2010 at 07:36 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

What version of the slashes are ran in the spec class?

2wd 6cell slash
-
2wd 7cell slash 2.4ghz
-
4x4 slash vxl brushless
-
4x4 slash brushless

Just looking what package I should buy to get into that class.

Thanks for the help
Steve
Old 02-25-2010, 06:58 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by cougarcruisin
What version of the slashes are ran in the spec class?

2wd 6cell slash
-
2wd 7cell slash 2.4ghz
-
4x4 slash vxl brushless
-
4x4 slash brushless

Just looking what package I should buy to get into that class.

Thanks for the help
Steve

spec class is 2wd slash you are only allowed running 2cell lipos or 6 cell nimh
truck must be run stock motor tires esc and servo it does not mater wich pachage 2wd truck u puchase if u do get the 7cell packaGE U WILL NOT BE ABLE TO USE THAT PARTICULAR BATTERY U MUST RUN 7.4 VOLTS IN SPEC SHORT COURSE U WILL HAVE A BLAST 2WD IS SLOWER THAN SLASH 4X4 PERFECT FOR BEGINNERS EVEN EXPERIANCED RACERS ITS FUN NO QUESTION ABOUT IT NO MATTER WHERE U GET YOUR TRUCK IF U BUY ONLINE MAKE SURE U LOOK FOR COUPON CODES THEY CAN EASILY SAVE 20 TO 40 DOLLARS OFF ORDERS OVER A CERTAIN AMOUNT ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO ASK HOPE THIS HELPED U GOOD LUCK
Old 02-25-2010, 07:00 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by robwike
Nathan, I got your membership money. You'll membership packet will be mailed in the next day or two.

Thank you.
awsome THANKS ROB

Last edited by audio18man; 02-25-2010 at 07:20 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by audio18man
spec class is 2wd slash you are only allowed running 2cell lipos or 6 cell nimh
truck must be run stock motor tires esc and servo it does not mater wich pachage 2wd truck u puchase if u do get the 7cell packaGE U WILL NOT BE ABLE TO USE THAT PARTICULAR BATTERY U MUST RUN 7.4 VOLTS IN SPEC SHORT COURSE U WILL HAVE A BLAST 2WD IS SLOWER THAN SLASH 4X4 PERFECT FOR BEGINNERS EVEN EXPERIANCED RACERS ITS FUN NO QUESTION ABOUT IT NO MATTER WHERE U GET YOUR TRUCK IF U BUY ONLINE MAKE SURE U LOOK FOR COUPON CODES THEY CAN EASILY SAVE 20 TO 40 DOLLARS OFF ORDERS OVER A CERTAIN AMOUNT ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO ASK HOPE THIS HELPED U GOOD LUCK
Awesome thanks it helped a lot... I can use the 8.4v stick in my e-maxx so I'll have lots of spares. I have many 6 cell packs from my tt-01 drifter. Slow speed is good for me since I'm new to this racing hobby, I'm used to bashing, drifting and doing donuts. Looks like I'll get the slash #5803.... time to price hunt!
Old 02-25-2010, 07:18 PM
Tech Adept

Awesome thanks it helped a lot... I can use the 8.4v stick in my e-maxx so I'll have lots of spares. I have many 6 cell packs from my tt-01 drifter. Slow speed is good for me since I'm new to this racing hobby, I'm used to bashing, drifting and doing donuts. Looks like I'll get the slash #5803.... time to price hunt!
rob may be able to get u hooked up on a deal for a slash if u insist on enet ordering amainhobbies.com or towerhobbies.com would probly be the best also looked up truck part number it came up on amain it has newer tire design with it but u should be ok spec short coarse is spec to tires that comes with truck every short course truck has diffrent tires with them if not u can get the older design off ebay cheap enjoy and hope to see u in altoona on raceday
Old 02-25-2010, 07:24 PM
Tech Adept

after the coupons the slash 5803 w/ 2.4 radio is @ $219.... not too bad... plus they offer the easy pay payments.

Seems to be the best price I have found. My local hobby shop is running them at 299+tax.....
Old 02-25-2010, 07:28 PM
Tech Adept

after the coupons the slash 5803 w/ 2.4 radio is @ $219.... not too bad... plus they offer the easy pay payments.

Seems to be the best price I have found. My local hobby shop is running them at 299+tax.....
easy pay is great u may want to check out bumpsandjumps.com i believe is thier site if not just search it they do enet sales they have great prices u have to sign up to view prices doesnt cost anything and u may find a deal bumps and jumps is out of harrisburg pa
Old 02-25-2010, 07:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

bumps has the rtr slash for 219..
or rtr blitz for 199
Old 02-25-2010, 07:32 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by audio18man
easy pay is great u may want to check out bumpsandjumps.com i believe is thier site if not just search it they do enet sales they have great prices u have to sign up to view prices doesnt cost anything and u may find a deal bumps and jumps is out of harrisburg pa
Sounds great.. I'll check them out. Placing the order now w/ tower... looks like i'll be there in altoona very very soon once this crappy weather breaks. I'll bring the e-maxx and traxxas 1/16 buggy along for the heck of it.

Now that I placed the order, I'll go tell the wife what I just bought...I'll skip the "asking" step since that usually leads to the , well ahhhh can't you wait alittle longer? lol
Old 02-25-2010, 07:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

cougarcruisin,,, call the hidden hangar in harrisburg, pa. Ask for Lou, tell him Rob Wike from Altoona Raceway told you to call. Tell him about the 219$ deal you found. He should be able to hook you up.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:35 PM
Tech Adept

good deal just dont let her see your last post lol trust me i know the song and dance lol
Old 02-25-2010, 07:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Cougarcruisin, i am offering on the altoonaraceway.net website, perks for prejoining the track.

If you buy your membership prior to opening day, you receive a free full day of racing, unlimited classes. You also get three stickers to put on your R/C cars that say Altoona Raceway. You also get a window sticker for your real car and a pitbox sticker.

Once opening day arrives, the free full day of racing will not be included in the membership package.

Just a thought
Old 02-25-2010, 07:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Cougarcruisin, i am offering on the altoonaraceway.net website, perks for prejoining the track.

If you buy your membership prior to opening day, you receive a free full day of racing, unlimited classes. You also get three stickers to put on your R/C cars that say Altoona Raceway. You also get a window sticker for your real car and a pitbox sticker.

Once opening day arrives, the free full day of racing will not be included in the membership package.

Just a thought
rob,
send me your paypal info again for membership.
i will get that out to ya asap..
Old 02-25-2010, 07:44 PM
Tech Adept

cougarcruisin,,, call the hidden hangar in harrisburg, pa. Ask for Lou, tell him Rob Wike from Altoona Raceway told you to call. Tell him about the 219$ deal you found. He should be able to hook you up.
Hey Rob thanks for the info.. I have it logged for parts. I'll be sure to buy from your recommendations and sponsoring shops for all parts in the future. The easy pay feature sold me as it doesn't thin me out on the green stuff.....

Thanks everyone for the helpful links and comments. Order is all confirmed! Very excited! I'll just leave the blinds in the living room shut and NOT look outside right now!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.