Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 04:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robwike
We are going to use the Stock Slash servos for our "SPEC" class.

I am more than willing to start a new class for mod'ed Slashs. If you guys build them, we will race them.

Some of you guys are aware of this. We are trying to put a mini series together that will include Richfield, Altoona and a few other tracks to compete in. Details are still in the works but will update you all as things come together.
rob,
please give me a call so i can can inform you with the details.i left you a message with my number.call me
Old 08-20-2009, 04:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default COULD IT BE??!?!?!?!

Originally Posted by morris
rob,
please give me a call so i can can inform you with the details.i left you a message with my number.call me
the 1st Central PA. R/C Tour?!?!?!

aaahhh yyeeeaahh how sweet it'll be!!
Old 08-20-2009, 04:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Looking forward to a series! Was kind of bummed about drums being such a awsome track but not being 1/10th friendly but I just looked at there thread and see it has been changed to meet all class of rc. That rocks! Hope this deal works out and all the tracks prosper! I really would like to see that the series is 1 track a weekend so it cuts down the travel exspense for those to travel the long distance but anyway it works out it will be cool to have more racers at each track for each race. Good for all involved! I fully intended to run Altoona as much as I can but a series is good to have a bunch of us from each track together! Cant wait!!! Brian.......... Is it Sunday yet??????
Old 08-20-2009, 05:01 PM
Tech Adept

ok so traxxas servo it is will probly try to get an rc10 yet this year my uncle got one they are sweat in the mean time will get my slash up and going again to do some good fun altoona racing

Last edited by audio18man; 08-20-2009 at 05:27 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:28 PM
Tech Addict

Nathen......................

Like you need a faster truck! Mr. I passed a buggy with my slash!!!ROFLMAO!!!

Does the sc10 come with a hitch so I can get a tow to the front???
Old 08-20-2009, 05:33 PM
Tech Adept

man whats up with that buggy it was barely idoling lol you are faster than me man icant beat you maybe next race i do enjoy the racing man it is a blast
Old 08-20-2009, 06:02 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by audio18man
man whats up with that buggy it was barely idoling lol you are faster than me man icant beat you maybe next race i do enjoy the racing man it is a blast

LOL! I enjoy the clean,tight,racing with you also bro!later!!!
Old 08-20-2009, 06:29 PM
Tech Master

Ok guys I'm hear to tell you about the most eventfull strange practice night I've ever experienced! First off Ed and I were approached by a highly drunk female who wanted to learn RC! All I'm going to say is Ed gave in! Second I was abruptly interupted during practice with a screaming Ed Toth to look at a fox (animal)! I didn't give in a first until I heard someone screaming it has your car! It literally had Ed's car by the tire and was trying to run off with it! Sadly after a 15 minute rock throwing session, a monster truck driven by Jim, and a donut weilding Rob (ran over it in his real car) it lost it's rabied life by a police issued 40 calliber! This damn thing was nuts! It chased a monster truck and at one point had it!
Old 08-20-2009, 06:32 PM
Tech Adept

sounds highly eventful man
Old 08-20-2009, 06:50 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by gixxerman
Ok guys I'm hear to tell you about the most eventfull strange practice night I've ever experienced! First off Ed and I were approached by a highly drunk female who wanted to learn RC! All I'm going to say is Ed gave in! Second I was abruptly interupted during practice with a screaming Ed Toth to look at a fox (animal)! I didn't give in a first until I heard someone screaming it has your car! It literally had Ed's car by the tire and was trying to run off with it! Sadly after a 15 minute rock throwing session, a monster truck driven by Jim, and a donut weilding Rob (ran over it in his real car) it lost it's rabied life by a police issued 40 calliber! This damn thing was nuts! It chased a monster truck and at one point had it!
Dang that would have been funny to see,but knowing my luck I would of got bit and missed Sunday racing!lol! I was going to run some tonight till the wifey made me go do A BILLION loads of laundry from 2:30 TILL 6:30! Then had dinner to get together and I was done for the night. I guess my chain was to tight today!lol!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-20-2009, 06:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gixxerman
So let me get this straight, a highly intoxicated female tried to eat Ed's car and a monster truck so the police came and shot her???
Old 08-20-2009, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Close, but not quite like that.

First I let a highly intoxicated female that could barely walk from the Cesar Batiste to the drivers stand drive my T4. I know what your thinking, but, she was actually incredibly hot and promised not to 'bitch it up' so who was I to say no.

And about 10 minutes after she left, a rabid fox jumped out from behind the drivers stand and attacked my B44.

Then it attacked Jims monster truck, and then Jims real car when he tried to leave, and then Robs real car when he got back from running an errand. Unfortunately for the fox, it got too close to Robs car and got run over and hurt to the point where it couldnt walk any more and Brad called 911 who sent over the an officer from the Altoona Police Dept who ended the whole ordeal with a single shot.

If every practice night was like this, I would practice a lot more!

Last edited by Ed237; 08-20-2009 at 07:16 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:21 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by PADIRTLMJUNKIE
Looking forward to a series! Was kind of bummed about drums being such a awsome track but not being 1/10th friendly but I just looked at there thread and see it has been changed to meet all class of rc. That rocks! Hope this deal works out and all the tracks prosper! I really would like to see that the series is 1 track a weekend so it cuts down the travel exspense for those to travel the long distance but anyway it works out it will be cool to have more racers at each track for each race. Good for all involved! I fully intended to run Altoona as much as I can but a series is good to have a bunch of us from each track together! Cant wait!!! Brian.......... Is it Sunday yet??????
yes..im really looking forward to getting this going.at first when i proposed the idea i wasnt sure how to go about it.but the way you said it is the way i was going to try and do it.drums one weekend...then richfield...then altoona...or vise versa.dont know the order yet.i have to get ahold of drums and everyone else with dates.
now what i was thinking is any class will be excepted...3 cars makes a class.
20 dollars per class.the series will also be a cash reward at the end of it.and if this sereis race takes off.well lets just say that next summer i am going to try and make it bigger...kinda like the pa nitro dirt oval tours is.
as soon as i know something i will post it.
but for right now drums is in...richfeild is in and altoona is in.im going to stop it at right there.
going to keep track of peoples qualifying/finishing with a points set-up.tq will get 10 points and the winner of the main will get 10 points...then so forth.at the end of the mini series i will tally up all the points and im thinking ill try to pay out top 3 places...i will have to discuss payout also.any input pm me and we can chat about this.

lata guys
Old 08-20-2009, 07:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Fox

Tonight was/has to be the weirdest thing I had ever seen. Ed's mod truck was like a rag doll to the fox. Hell, he wasn't even afriad of big rocks being hurled at it. Chased Jim into his vehicle.
When I pulled onto the grass and he bull rushed my car, I knew we needed to do something. Much to the surprise of the Caeser customers drunk and seeing me doing doughnuts in the grass and everyone yelling. I was able to strike him twice, while he was biting my tailpipe and drivers front wheel. Then, instead of lying down to die, he was crawling himself to the woods. Stopping only to chew and thrash the black pipe back in the corner.
Rabies can be the only explaination for his behavior.

Matt, I will talk to you tomorrow about the series.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:51 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by robwike
Tonight was/has to be the weirdest thing I had ever seen. Ed's mod truck was like a rag doll to the fox. Hell, he wasn't even afriad of big rocks being hurled at it. Chased Jim into his vehicle.
When I pulled onto the grass and he bull rushed my car, I knew we needed to do something. Much to the surprise of the Caeser customers drunk and seeing me doing doughnuts in the grass and everyone yelling. I was able to strike him twice, while he was biting my tailpipe and drivers front wheel. Then, instead of lying down to die, he was crawling himself to the woods. Stopping only to chew and thrash the black pipe back in the corner.
Rabies can be the only explaination for his behavior.

Matt, I will talk to you tomorrow about the series.
rob,
sounds like an interesting evening.....man kinda wish i was there to see that...

anyways its all good...we will talk about the series....

lata

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.