Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 03:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ed237
Rob did a major track change today. The triple is back. The plywood table top is back. The track really flows.

I think most everybody is going to like it.

I know I'll be there about 10-11 tomrrow.
Dropped by the track on the way home and looks very fun. The table top will be interesting!!!!!!! The flow is nice and the triple is very cool! Going to be a hot,fun day of racing!!! Let er eat!!!!!!!!
Old 08-15-2009, 04:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The table top is extremely deceiving. You hardly need any speed at all to clear it. I suspect a lot of guys will overshoot it by 5-10 feet. Even with Slash's.

I am sure 1/8 scale buggies or truggies will clear the tripple with ease. Probably everthing else will roll right into a very forgiving double.

Speaking of letting'er eat - Rob told me there would probably be drinks at the track tomorrow, but no burgers or hot dogs.

Plan accordingly!
Old 08-15-2009, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Ed237
The table top is extremely deceiving. You hardly need any speed at all to clear it. I suspect a lot of guys will overshoot it by 5-10 feet. Even with Slash's.

I am sure 1/8 scale buggies or truggies will clear the tripple with ease. Probably everthing else will roll right into a very forgiving double.

Speaking of letting'er eat - Rob told me there would probably be drinks at the track tomorrow, but no burgers or hot dogs.

Plan accordingly!
What, no crab legs or Surf n Turf????
Old 08-15-2009, 07:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Food

My food people are camping. They are unavailable.

First, I want to thank Ed and Brian for their help today. Much appreciated.

Brian and I went back this evening, broomed and wet down the track. And I must say, it looks awesome. I will be there bright and early in the morning, if anyone wants to arrive early. Generator will be running starting at 10:30 am. timing shed will be open at 11:30. Racing will start at 1:00 pm.

Everyone that is attending, bring as many classes of vehicles you have. We should be able to run some heats of things not run for awhile at the track.

Computer issues are sorted out, no rain in forecast. All systems are go.

Hey Brad, call me before you leave your house in the AM. Please

See everyone tomorrow. Have a safe trip getting here.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default what????

[QUOTE=robwike;6209380]My food people are camping. They are unavailable.

First, I want to thank Ed and Brian for their help today. Much appreciated.

Brian and I went back this evening, broomed and wet down the track. And I must say, it looks awesome. I will be there bright and early in the morning, if anyone wants to arrive early. Generator will be running starting at 10:30 am. timing shed will be open at 11:30. Racing will start at 1:00 pm.

Everyone that is attending, bring as many classes of vehicles you have. We should be able to run some heats of things not run for awhile at the track.

Computer issues are sorted out, no rain in forecast. All systems are go.

Hey Brad, call me before you leave your house in the AM. Please

WHAT DO YOU MEAN THERE CAMPING?? how do they exspect us to race????

oh well, i was excited about coming out there to race too, i guess i'll see you guys maybe next time..

lol
the track changes sound awsome! i cant wait, already have the car loaded, wife and i are going to try to be rolling in around 10:00am, the truggy engine isnt broke in yet (about 6 heat cycle tanks) so i wanna try and get some more fuel run through it, but i am deffinitly in for slash and monster truck, both are ready, the Revo has been in kind of a bad mood, it's been upset because of the lack of other monster's to race this season, please accept my appoligize in advance if "he" ram's,or runs over anyone's buggy, or says anything naughty.

Isaac.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gixxerman
What, no crab legs or Surf n Turf????
this is crap Brad.

I hope you dont mind, but i happen to know the owner of the near by red loster, they will be arriving with there cateriing crew around noon.

all on me..
Old 08-15-2009, 08:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Food

If we get a decent turnout, and it would be difficult for people to run for food, maybe we will send someone for pizza. We'll see once everyone arrives. There will be soda and water at the track.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:19 PM
Tech Master

Default rob

Originally Posted by robwike
If we get a decent turnout, and it would be difficult for people to run for food, maybe we will send someone for pizza. We'll see once everyone arrives. There will be soda and water at the track.
just so you know, nothing i said in the past to post's was truth.. lol

i'm looking forward to hitting up little ceasars. as we dont have one out this way heheehe
Old 08-16-2009, 05:54 PM
Tech Adept

first off racing was awsome congrats go out to all winners. great race in slash brian great clean compitition thank you ed for letting me borrow that exhaust hanger next time i see you i will return the parts thanks to rob for making altoona great and fun and thanks to all the people that work on the track rc takes alot of preporation thanks to all.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Rob, had a great time glad we finally got to meet.

Brad/ed/brent had a blast hanging with old freinds again see everyone again.

Brent you had a wheel in there
Old 08-16-2009, 07:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

We were finally able to run a Mod Electric Buggy / Truck race for the first time in maybe a year thanks to Brian and Kurt for making the trip out.

Brian's Kyoshos looked pretty much dialed right out of the box en route to the win.

And correct me if Im wrong, but, I think I saw a couple monster trucks out there.

And we had some new faces in the Slash class, which is already pretty solid.

Even with scortching heat, the track held together pretty well.

This is a good time for someone to get into RC or back into RC.

I think Rob mentioned the next race is Sunday 8/23 1 pm.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:19 PM
Tech Master

Default the "new" toona

Well, i was wondering if all this hype about the "new" toona was all that it was said to be, and to start, i wasnt realy planning on coming back to altoona this year much, if at all. it's a good 2 hours, and the track was nice, but there's honestly other places i would have rather ran, that were closer.

that's all in the trash can now however.

GREAT job Rob, it is such a great place to run now! and I can realy apprechiate all the work you and the people that helped work on it, have all done. what a change! had a blast! and WILL be back.

I also am so excited about the rotating of the weekend's to run saturdays on "off richfield saturdays" I love racing at richfield, and i love knowing i will be able to now do both.

The $36 dollar ebay truggy engine is pretty well broke in, i was very happy with how it worked, and am looking forward to it opening up even more, it has more power then i need for sure!

Also, this was my wifes 1st day of racing slash, and she had a blast! and will continue racing, thanx to all of you guy's for your encoridgment to her through her 1st race day.
We will be going shoping for a new slash body, some pink paint, and she wants flames,, so we'll see what we can come up with. lol
Ed, nice win, had a great time chasing you around with my truggy!, would love to see more truggys stop out to race as well as monster trucks.
there were a couple of us mt er's out there today and i know i had fun runnin my revo!

congrats on the wins guys! nice job Brian! man you guys are fast!
and the 10th 4x4 buggys were out running, un beleavable to see them run.

Thanx again guys! see you soon!

Isaac

Last edited by Nighthawk; 08-16-2009 at 08:24 PM. Reason: .
Old 08-16-2009, 08:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking

I talked to rob tonight and he said about how great a turn out today was and it makes working on the track worth it. Sorry I didnt get to meet anyone for I was in Indiana(the state) to visit my 8 year old son so I just got back at 1030 so thnks again everyone that came out and will be keeping up on the track and practicing to keep up with all the winners out there............Jim
Old 08-17-2009, 02:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Fun day!

Wow was it hot!...

Nice to see all that made it out Sunday from out of town,Brian,Kurt,Nathen and friend[forgot your name] Issac and wife!

Always a blast watching Roeder wheel, simply flawless!

Nathen,had a great time racing you again!

Issac, had fun pitting by you and the wife and glad she had a fun time!

King: Crab Legs your mod buggy was flying, sorry you had a tuff day in scale and thanks for the tips!

Thanks Rob, for the gift!!!!!!!!!!!

New layout is a blast nice job!!!!!

Last edited by PADIRTLMJUNKIE; 08-17-2009 at 08:46 AM.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Guys i had one of the best times in a long time yes it was HOT but thanks a nice group of guys to race with i will be back

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.