I was wrong. Don't get the Losi bones.
The part numbers:
1167(old style, pair)
8124(capture-ring type, single)
Old 08-04-2009, 06:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rallyebmx
My RB dominates me every race day
I was reading on another thread that the RB plugs are supposed to be junk! One guy claimed frequent flame outs. They were recomending Odonnel 97's I believe. You may have allready read about it but Heres the link to the thread:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...b-b9-hell.html

some interesting posts here, one guy has a c6 and had the same problems your having until he switched plugs.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Rob, dont go out of the way for 1 guy bro. I usually have some drinks with me. Thanks for the concern though!

Brad, Pocono was not as good as far as rubbing shoulders with the NASCAR people. The drivers meeting was on Sunday and most drivers went to the front stretch, straight from there rolling houses!We did get some close-up pics of the cars before they went to pit road. It was funny to see crew members get yelled at for getting to close to there own car. Being a impound race 0 team members could touch the car till 10:15,then only 2 guys to plug in the gen.fluid warmer. and un tarp the car. 10:30 they were allowed to warm the car up. 10:45 all team members allowed and take cars to pit road.The appointed official is with them the whole time. Was a cool time in the garage though not seeing as many notibles as last year. The race was very good compared to years past, actually some passing!!! Plus with the race being on Mon. the area we watch the race from the infield was great. Alot less blockage of sight from RV.s. Overall good times were had by all.!!!

See you on the 16th!!!!! No Richfield for me Im going to KY. this weekend for the Lucas Oil Dirt Latemodel race.

Brent, call me next week about the WoO at Bedford the 14th!!!
Old 08-04-2009, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Ahhh-good lookin out Brad!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was always tempted to try my stash of Piccos I have piled up. Those things ruled-I never, ever replaced those and they were bullet proof. I am just hesitant, because I have read that different brands of turbo plugs have different angle tapers. So the button kind of gets formed to the taper of the plug.

Oh, and all your talk of domination reminded me...... I'm now at a perfect 3-0 record with my JAMMIN X2 at Atoona!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fla ming::eek ::co nfused:
Old 08-04-2009, 03:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rallyebmx
Ahhh-good lookin out Brad!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was always tempted to try my stash of Piccos I have piled up. Those things ruled-I never, ever replaced those and they were bullet proof. I am just hesitant, because I have read that different brands of turbo plugs have different angle tapers. So the button kind of gets formed to the taper of the plug.

Oh, and all your talk of domination reminded me...... I'm now at a perfect 3-0 record with my JAMMIN X2 at Atoona!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fla ming::eek ::co nfused:
Glad I could help, I had a similar problem last year and hate to see someone go through the flame out issue!

Btw your streak of three will end with three!
Old 08-04-2009, 04:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default cvds

thanx for all your help/offers guys, like i said i'll just keep them for my upcoming project, i though about just getting the bones, but what would be the point in paying twice as much for a set lol ill just get a set for the rustler, and save these for the mod-slash
i'm in for next sunday. if there's a roll call, im in for truggy,monster truck, and slash.

Isaac
Old 08-04-2009, 07:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking my mind

Hey rob whats up. I finally think I got this thing up and working its jim.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default me tooooooo

I talked to some new racers that are going to be getting memberships. I am trying to build our monster truck class because I own like 6 trucks and need to have a race at the track.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:07 PM
Tech Adept

i have a question for all you slash gents are we only running stock out of box gearing when im saying out of box im meaning the exact pinion i think it is 19 tooth and out of box spur think it is 86 tooth or are we allowed to change pinion as long as we stay between the pinion shiped in the truck and pinion that is considered opional that is shipped in plastic bag with the truck i just want to make certain i understand the rules as well as everyone else im running out of the box i think 19 and 86 not certain if that is correct gears put it this way open box remove truck that setup is what i am and have been running i just want to make certain im good to go altoona rocks thanks guys

Last edited by audio18man; 08-04-2009 at 08:19 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:23 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by audio18man
i have a question for all you slash gents are we only running stock out of box gearing when im saying out of box im meaning the exact pinion i think it is 19 tooth and out of box spur think it is 86 tooth or are we allowed to change pinion as long as we stay between the pinion shiped in the truck and pinion that is considered opional that is shipped in plastic bag with the truck i just want to make certain i understand the rules as well as everyone else im running out of the box i think 19 and 86 not certain if that is correct gears put it this way open box remove truck that setup i just want to make certain im good to go altoona rocks thanks guys
Had fun racing with you bro. As of Sunday and as I understand we are allowed to use between and including the stock pinion of 18t and 23t and 86t spur only! That meens any pinion between 18 and the 23 pinion and useing the stock spur. This allows a new racer a pinion option and motor temp tuning ability for all. Hope this helps and hope to see you frequently Nathan!

Later Brian
Old 08-04-2009, 08:31 PM
Tech Adept

Default coooooooool

brian thank you it was great racing you as well nice clean just plain fun and relaxing racing that also goes out for all the racers i seen on sunday all nice and clean great job to all. I plan on comming as soon as possible i like the pinion gear options for racing when running a main do you know how much approx mah using the bigger pinion uses in a 8min main i only have orion 3200 lipos dot want to kill a lipo trying it that woldnt be good thanks man
Old 08-04-2009, 09:38 PM
Tech Addict

brian thank you it was great racing you as well nice clean just plain fun and relaxing racing that also goes out for all the racers i seen on sunday all nice and clean great job to all. I plan on comming as soon as possible i like the pinion gear options for racing when running a main do you know how much approx mah using the bigger pinion uses in a 8min main i only have orion 3200 lipos dot want to kill a lipo trying it that woldnt be good thanks man
average is 2200 to 2450 mah depending on gear for me, you will be fine!
Old 08-05-2009, 05:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

At one point I ran the 23 pinion, biggest allowed and only used 1700mah, When we ran at richfield we ran a 9 min main and i still only used 2450mah, that was w/a 20 pinion, so 3200mah should be more then enuff!
Old 08-05-2009, 01:04 PM
Tech Adept

sweet thanks guys trying to talk some friends into racing slash next race
Old 08-05-2009, 02:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Slash

Hi guys,

Yes, in the Slash class. You can run a range of pinion gears. 18 to 23. But you must run the stock spur gear.

I still haven't received any logo design entries. Remember Slash drivers, a T shirt with your art and a Slash motor. Thats almost a 50$ prize for really not having to do a whole lot. Nitro guys as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.