Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 06:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Glad to hear everything went great. I am excited to make a race.
Old 08-02-2009, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Great job Rob! Day was a total success!!!
Old 08-02-2009, 08:14 PM
Tech Master

Yeah Rob great day of racing! Thank you for everything!!!!

Brent, your post was hilarious! Still laughing!!!!!
Old 08-02-2009, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

Nice post with the times Ed. Crazy how you can run for 7 minutes and have 1st and 2nd within a second of each other and 3rd and 4th a second apart! Main could have been good, although my RB probably would have flamed out
Old 08-03-2009, 12:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Oh yeah!!!

Had a blast,Thanks Rob, great job,keep er up! Great Job to the fast qualifiers! I was a coming in the second quailifier till darn ma nature said huh- ahhhh!!!!!!! boooooooo!!!!!!! But On the brighter side its going on 4 am and Im off to Pocono to use my garage pass! Things do work out sometime! Ill pay 5 bucks to whoever can steal 'CRABLEGG'S' plate when he receives his surf and turf!!!!!!!!!LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!What a fun and trying day we had!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TOONA!,TOONA,TOOOOONNNNAAA!!! LATER!!!!!!
Old 08-03-2009, 08:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

ill be looking forward to making the trip there myself sometime...sounds like altoona is getting back the way it used to be like when i first got introduced to the place.....sounds awesome...

keep up the positive attitude rob and you will make altoona awesome again.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default slash rules

sounds like you guys had a great time, wish i coulda been there! ill make it there in a few week's though. any idea of the next race day?

Rob, and anyone running slash, i would like your opions too.

here's my ?,,
I bought some MIP cvd's, intending to order for my vxl rustler, and i thought the slash's and rustlers were the same, as some of you know already, the slash's have slightly shorter rear arms (about a half an inch) anyway, i cant return them, as i found all this out after trying to install them on my vxl rustler, what im wanting to know is, is it ok to put these to use, and put them on my slash? i dont see how they could be in any way a bennifit to make my truck faster,nor have a seen anything in any "slash spec rules" indicating anything about axle restrictions.only thing i can see is maybe a little bit more reliable, without having to worry about axles, but then again, i dont see the stockers giving up soon either. just want to clear all this before i go sticking them on my slash, dont want to get anyone upset about it.
If this is a problem, i will stick em on a shelf and they will wait till i get a 2nd slash to build for a mod/outlaw class.

Thanx guys.

Isaac
Old 08-03-2009, 10:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Isaac, Rob can correct me on this if I'm wrong but I think I can answer your dilemma this way:

We would like the Slash's to be Spec as much as possible so they are all equal as possible BUT we are only teching the winners for now.

If you have a non-spec part, please feel free to race and have fun, but just understand that if you place or win, you might not get the rewards or glory. This applies mostly to cash races, prizes and/or gift certificates.

But that being said, we would rather have you race with a non-legal part (if thats all you have at this time) than to not race at all.

I think Brian Dougherty and Brent Benedict have been doing a great job of working with everyone in the Slash class to making the racing as good as it can be for everyone so I will defer to them.

It might seem like a technicality, but its a slippery slope if we start making exceptions for winners that are not spec.

You may have some extra time to find the parts. Rob has not scheduled any racing for this weekend.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ed237
Isaac, Rob can correct me on this if I'm wrong but I think I can answer your dilemma this way:

We would like the Slash's to be Spec as much as possible so they are all equal as possible BUT we are only teching the winners for now.

If you have a non-spec part, please feel free to race and have fun, but just understand that if you place or win, you might not get the rewards or glory. This applies mostly to cash races, prizes and/or gift certificates.

But that being said, we would rather have you race with a non-legal part (if thats all you have at this time) than to not race at all.

I think Brian Dougherty and Brent Benedict have been doing a great job of working with everyone in the Slash class to making the racing as good as it can be for everyone so I will defer to them.

It might seem like a technicality, but its a slippery slope if we start making exceptions for winners that are not spec.

You may have some extra time to find the parts. Rob has not scheduled any racing for this weekend.
I do agree w/Ed on this one, stick to keeping everything stock, you can bring them along and use them in a pinch if one of yours break.

I have not seen or heard of anyone breaking that particular part, so I dont see any reason to up grade it. As the old saying goes "if it aint broke, dont fix it"
Old 08-03-2009, 02:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default slash

my truck is fine, the stock axles are not broken,
like i said i bought these for my other truck, come to find out they wont work on it, and to my knowledge there are no rules that bind you to the "stock" "axles" i just wanted to clarify that this was the case, however, it looks as though this would be a problem with some members,
i will stick to the stock ones in this case, and save them for the upcoming slash+vxl+3cell lipo coming up. lol

And as far as the whole specing thing goes,, as far as im concerned, myself personaly, i feel that if my own truck, would not be legal in the winners circle, it doesnt belong on the track.

Last edited by Nighthawk; 08-03-2009 at 02:18 PM. Reason: .
Old 08-03-2009, 06:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Isaac, how much were the axles?

Here's what I'll do. You come to a race, I will buy the axles from you. I can find someone that has the vehicle they fit.

That way, you can stay spec and get your return on your purchase. Not to mention, get you to the track.

Thank you again guys on all the compliments. An apology is in order for Brian. I didn't know you were diabetic. I will have refreshments that are sugar friendly next time.

I spent 30 hours at that track between sat and sunday, in preparation. Told myself today was a day off. Guess what, I was at the track this evening.

As far as next race. Not this weekend coming but the following sunday will be next race. I am off from my real job August 7 to 14. It will give me time to address alot of things at the track.

Thank you Ed for helping me break in my buggy. I am going to Richfield Saturday to try it out. Hopefully meet with Aaron and see you guys there too.
But please, dont laugh at my driving ability. LOL

In closing, rumor has it one of our members is watching their weight. Watching it do what is the question....LMAO
Old 08-03-2009, 06:48 PM
Tech Master

Now that's funny right there! It's true I am watching my weight...........grow! I'm also watching what I eat, as it goes into my mouth!!!! Surf and Turf here I come! Btw I will still eat crab legs even if they are boiled in yellow water!!!!
LMAO!!!!!!!

How was Pocono Brian?
Old 08-03-2009, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rallyebmx
Nice post with the times Ed. Crazy how you can run for 7 minutes and have 1st and 2nd within a second of each other and 3rd and 4th a second apart! Main could have been good, although my RB probably would have flamed out
...............and Mugen would have domintated!
Old 08-03-2009, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

My RB dominates me every race day
Old 08-03-2009, 10:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you can trade the bone ends for Losi XXT cvd bones, they'll work on your Rustler. I have to check part numbers to be 100% certain though.

Originally Posted by Nighthawk
sounds like you guys had a great time, wish i coulda been there! ill make it there in a few week's though. any idea of the next race day?

Rob, and anyone running slash, i would like your opions too.

here's my ?,,
I bought some MIP cvd's, intending to order for my vxl rustler, and i thought the slash's and rustlers were the same, as some of you know already, the slash's have slightly shorter rear arms (about a half an inch) anyway, i cant return them, as i found all this out after trying to install them on my vxl rustler, what im wanting to know is, is it ok to put these to use, and put them on my slash? i dont see how they could be in any way a bennifit to make my truck faster,nor have a seen anything in any "slash spec rules" indicating anything about axle restrictions.only thing i can see is maybe a little bit more reliable, without having to worry about axles, but then again, i dont see the stockers giving up soon either. just want to clear all this before i go sticking them on my slash, dont want to get anyone upset about it.
If this is a problem, i will stick em on a shelf and they will wait till i get a 2nd slash to build for a mod/outlaw class.

Thanx guys.

Isaac

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.